**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iceman can't stack coldsnap [Merged Threads] [Under Investigation]

MDFR7MDFR7 Posts: 14
edited September 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
When i use iceman spl 1 on already existing coldsnap they both last only for d duration of first coldsnap n then expire together
This may not be a big deal for many but it does come handy against spidey's n other evading champs
I know there have already been a discussion post regarding dis matter but never got an official response frm kabam and can't seem to find it anymore
So...
Can u guys at least give some response regarding dis?
R u guys going to fix dis?
Thank u n awaiting ur response
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Same issue for me...
  • MDFR7MDFR7 Posts: 14
    @Kabam Zibiit
    Its happening in all game modes against all opponents
    I found a video posted by someone in d previous discussion
    Here is d link
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arNoIm1O5iA#
    Hope dis helps
  • Thanks for the video! I'll get this passed along as well.
  • MDFR7MDFR7 Posts: 14
    Thank u
    @Kabam Zibiit
    Appreciate ur help
  • 2keast2keast Posts: 15
    Won’t let me post a video in here
    Any news about this issue? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit is it officially recognized as a bug? Or is it intended to work this way (if it is so, please release a statement to declare the nerf, because it wasn’t working this way before!).
    Thanks.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    I've had it work properly, at least the times that I've paid attention.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    It must be a bug, I had iceman stack coldsnap and they expired as they should have, not together. It was in the danger room yesterday.
  • We're still looking into this at the moment but we'll keep everyone updated her as soon as we have more information.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    I’ve posted in another thread with a couple videos.

Here’s the link: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/577306#Comment_577306

It doesn’t happen with the first coldsnap (the one from his signature ability) only with subsequent ones.

I’ve seen it happen in every game mode.
    Danger rooms, AQ, AW, etc
  • Ha! Nice catch!
    News about this thread?
  • TJ107TJ107 Posts: 79
    Same issue for me :(
    edited September 2018
    So I assume that the bug is still there... I don’t want to seem annoying, but it involves one of the main war attackers and we’re exactly in the middle of a war season... Please @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit consider it as an urgency, because for the Iceman regular users (and we are a lot) it’s a terrible handicap.
  • Me too. Please fix this. Iceman's initial coldsnap (awakened ability) is not affected, but once an additional coldsnap is applied, that expiration timer is applied to any subsequent coldsnap debuffs. This leads to coldsnap applied after that being removed many several seconds ahead of time. @Kabam Zibiit
    I’ve been flagged twice in this topic for having kindly said nothing but the truth, confirmed by other players, about a thing that is affecting heavily my ”user experience” and other players’.
    If highliting this issue in a gentle way is an abuse, I think the flag should be used for almost every post in this forum.
    I didn’t ask for compensation, for special rewards or anything else. I didn’t insult anyone. I just claim an update, because I think this is the aim of this forum: to keep players tuned. So, what kind of abuse exactly is my request?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Probably because you tagged like 5/6 mods at once, since it is not allowed to tag mods
  • Anyone else notice how Iceman's coldsnap has been nerfed? Why would Kabam do this without telling us, or is it just another bug? His stacked coldsnaps all expire with the first instance, are all stacked buffs going to expire on first instance now?
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    It’s a bug. There are a couple threads already opened.
    Here’s one where a mod already answered.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/585821#Comment_585821
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    What???????
    I think you are confusing cold snap and frostbite
    Nevermind my bad I see
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    You can stack frosbites. I do not think you can stack coldsnap
  • My alliance member got a message stating it was not a bug...will keep you updated.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    You can stack frosbites. I do not think you can stack coldsnap

Wouldn't you be able to refresh coldsnap though ? Seems like the timer should reset if you can't stack.
    You are right. This is the bug or issue
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    This is unacceptable, the timer should reset with each application. What are we supposed to do, wait for the first stack to expire then hope when we fire off the special 1 again if we haven't already gotten to special 2 that an evade champ doesn't evade it ?
  • It looks like a nerf. Did anyone here about this on any forum or announcement? I wonder if all stackable buffs will follow suit?
    I see no issue playing with iceman