**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do yall feel about a 1-2 month reprieve from event quests?

Comments

• EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Pass, boring for guys that wrapped act 5 long ago. Bring on a higher difficulty of EQ and act 6 please.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    @Demonzfyre In case you've been blind the last year, that's what they have been trying to do for the last year, and I don't really think they have accomplished anything significant in correcting terrible performance issues
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    If you wanna do story, then do it. Events are option and if you wanna doo something (within TOS) then do it
    @Austin555555 its not about doing the story, its about getting lags and performance issues fixed. please read
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    They have corrected a lot of things though. Addressed many issues, and created new ones. That's what happens in this sort of game with several releases a year. but asking for no EQ's is a death sentence for the game. They might as well just close it down for good, because there's no coming back from not releasing any new engaging content while they forever fix the issues. Just not going to happen. The last thing Kabam or Netmarble want is for all of these players to find a new game to get addicted to.

EQs provide a way to engage us by showcasing and amplifying the abilities of the work they put into releasing new champions. And then challenges us to defeat them. It creates a return on their investment.
    @mum_m2 I understand, and I by no means want them to just stop doing event quests. However, I dont feel like its feasible to keep releasing new EQ's and dungeons just to have more complications follow their releases. I think they need a small downtime to try and fix some of the more important and pressing issues that are plaguing every summoner and alliance in the battlerealm. I haven't seen anyone post any potential ways to solve these problems we face. While the solution I suggested may suck, for everyone including myself, it is the only large scale solution to a problem we all face
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    If your main point is to fix what we have lets just take a two week break from everything let them fix it and then come back to a game with no bugs. But wait, who is going to make sure there are no bugs if nobody is playing, whelp talked myself into a corner I'm out.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Just saying pretty sure they have different teams that work on EQ and Bugs
    @Welderofortune a little extreme there suggesting a 2 week break from everything. all I want is a month or 2 at the most off from EQ. Not for my personal benefit, for the benefit of the battlerealm as a whole

@NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Yes, there are definitely 2 different teams that deal with creating content and fixing bugs. However, the team that is creating content is also inadvertently creating problems faster than the bug fixing team can fix them
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Nah I wouldn’t like this
    I’m saying this as someone who will be going for an act 5 100% soon enough
    Here are some of my reasons : missing out on rewards
    2.5k 6 star shards will bring me close to my first 6 star also the 5 star shards and 4 star shards are nice
    Secondly it would be unfair on the people who have done all the story mode already
    @Kobster84 I dont think its too evil to fix the game for 95% of the players at a small 1-2 month expense of the top 1-5% who have already 100% completed everything
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    @Demonzfyre In case you've been blind the last year, that's what they have been trying to do for the last year, and I don't really think they have accomplished anything significant in correcting terrible performance issues

@KRONOSDOUBLE Because its so simple to fix issues across the many different devices this game is played on? What happens if they dont fix the things you want in 1 or 2 months? What if 75% of the player base leaves because they do it?
    Its not plausible to stop creating content as most new content is made up to 1 year in advance. The risk of loss on their end is too high.
    You have to understand the shear scope trying to make everyone's devices capable of playing tgis game. There are 100+ different android devices if not more that support this game. They are constantly working on fixing issues non stop. They dont need to stop making content to keep working on issues.
    @Demonzfyre risks are always an option. I think that if Kabam did decide to take up my proposal, they would compensate us for the down time with maybe a gold realm or something. Perhaps even a "Summoner Appreciation Month" with 4 weeks of events like goldrealms and other things that will keep us busy while they take some time to fix a lot of issues.
    @Demonzfyre risks are always an option. I think that if Kabam did decide to take up my proposal, they would compensate us for the down time with maybe a gold realm or something. Perhaps even a "Summoner Appreciation Month" with 4 weeks of events like goldrealms and other things that will keep us busy while they take some time to fix a lot of issues.

Lol the real motivation shows itself
    @Demonzfyre what do you mean by "real motivation shows itself"? you keep saying that its not possible to have EQs disbanded because it would make people like yourself who have already completed everything else in the game bored. If that's the case, why not have something else that's simple in its place?
    @Demonzfyre what do you mean by "real motivation shows itself"? you keep saying that its not possible to have EQs disbanded because it would make people like yourself who have already completed everything else in the game bored. If that's the case, why not have something else that's simple in its place?

Compensation.

What's simple? Gold realm? Were you not around for this last summoner appreciation event? Cause you know that "simple" even went off without a hitch huh.
    @Demonzfyre I proposed that as a way to give all the people like yourself who have completed act 5 100% a reason to continue playing while they are working on fixes. If you aren't down for that, then there doesn't have to be a way to compensate people for the lack of rewards. Im perfectly fine without a gold realm as compensation or anything else. I honestly just want performance issues fixed, by any means necessary.

If you aren't going to be helpful in this discussion and then accuse me of wanting some form of compensation or wanting EQs temporarily disbanded just to further myself in story quests, then you have no place on my thread and need to leave. Either post something constructive or an alternative to how we can get performance issues fixed or stop posting on this thread.
    @Demonzfyre I proposed that as a way to give all the people like yourself who have completed act 5 100% a reason to continue playing while they are working on fixes. If you aren't down for that, then there doesn't have to be a way to compensate people for the lack of rewards. Im perfectly fine without a gold realm as compensation or anything else. I honestly just want performance issues fixed, by any means necessary.

If you aren't going to be helpful in this discussion and then accuse me of wanting some form of compensation or wanting EQs temporarily disbanded just to further myself in story quests, then you have no place on my thread and need to leave. Either post something constructive or an alternative to how we can get performance issues fixed or stop posting on this thread.

The alternative is the community reports bugs and issues efficiently instead of what they do now. We dont help ourselves in how people post problems so for the Dev team its a **** shoot figuring it all out.
    @Demonzfyre So of all the people that actually post issues, how many of those issues have actually been solved? How many times are we going to be given temporary solutions until the next monthly update causes a whole slew of new problems for the same people over and over again? This is a drastic problem, and it will only be fixed with a drastic solution. Until people realize this, the same (or worse) problems will keep occurring due to a lack of opportunity to fix them. Im sure, or rather hope, the Dev team is doing all it can to fix our problems, but until they are given enough time to actually go in-depth into the programming to fix the flaws with the game, we will ONLY be getting TEMPORARY solutions to an ongoing problem
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    @Austin555555 its not about doing the story, its about getting lags and performance issues fixed. please read

It's kind of ironic that you are telling anyone "please read"

Now please read where people have told you that if the developers stopped making event quests for a month, there wouldn't be any change in lag, bugs, performance, because the two are NOT related.
    @Welderofortune a little extreme there suggesting a 2 week break from everything. all I want is a month or 2 at the most off from EQ. Not for my personal benefit, for the benefit of the battlerealm as a whole

@NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Yes, there are definitely 2 different teams that deal with creating content and fixing bugs. However, the team that is creating content is also inadvertently creating problems faster than the bug fixing team can fix them

@AxeCopFire please read the above comment that I posted earlier. Don't accuse me of not reading other peoples posts until you have read everything I have posted
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Kabam just can’t take time off and all the bugs be fixed afterwards. The game is ever growing and changing and new devices and os are being made. The game is not in a static state so not amount of time will fix everything bc all the variables are constantly changing
    @Batman05 you are right, it is impossible to get all the changes fixed in a short period of 1-2 months, but they can get a lot of the problems fixed with a little downtime than with the game constantly evolving with new and insanely overpowered champions being added, reworking masteries, reworking champions, etc.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited September 2018

@AxeCopFire please read the above comment that I posted earlier. Don't accuse me of not reading other peoples posts until you have read everything I have posted

Yes, I have read everything, and I am telling you that you are wrong. Simple as that. You don't know what you are talking about, and are willfully ignoring those telling you that you shouldn't being commenting on a subject of which you are obviously ignorant.
    @AxeCopFire how am I being ignorant on this subject? I am the only one ( to my knowledge ) who has actually proposed a potential solution to solving a problem that everyone is tired of, which is the performance of this game. My solution seems pretty straight forward; stop problems being inadvertently caused by EQ's and other new add-ons (dungeons) and give the team that fixes bugs enough time to actually fix them before new problems are created
    @KRONOSDOUBLE you aren't the first. You are probably like the 1000th to suggest this.
    The main complaint is lag and overheating. So given that information, how does not releasing new content help fix lag and overheating?
This discussion has been closed.