**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CONSTRUCTIVE..... Should cheating alliances forfeit season awards??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mostu100Mostu100 Posts: 79
    Why punish the whole alliance for 1 member’s mistake. The way it’s been done the banned accounts wil not get season rewards or most of them anyway as they are kicked and will not find a new alliance early enough to get rewards
  • Options
    HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Question: are they banning the person who shared? Or the “pilot”? Or both?

You can't really ban people. You can only ban accounts. When they ban an account for account sharing, they are banning the specific account they have detected as been accessed by more than one player. It is possible they are also banning associated accounts, i.e. the account associated with the pilot and not the piloted account but I have no first hand accounts of that happening. However, even if Kabam doesn't do this deliberately, it could still happen as a consequence of the methods they use to prove account sharing. They could, for example, prove that two accounts were involved in piloting but it wasn't clear who was piloting who in complex situations, and simply ban them all. I don't have any knowledge of that happening, but it is theoretically possible under some detection methodologies.
    Right, I assumed they could deduce both, or just ban both, and yes, I know they are accounts, and could have a many to 1 relationship with people
  • Options
    Mostu100 wrote: »
    Why punish the whole alliance for 1 member’s mistake. The way it’s been done the banned accounts wil not get season rewards or most of them anyway as they are kicked and will not find a new alliance early enough to get rewards

As I mentioned in the other thread earlier, you have to punish alliances and not just individual accounts because limiting punishment to only the cheating account is exploitable.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

As I mentioned in the other thread earlier, you have to punish alliances and not just individual accounts because limiting punishment to only the cheating account is exploitable.

Correct. They could have a Patsy. Also, all Members receive "stolen" Rewards.
  • Options

If you’re going to punish alliances for their unknowing complicity in cheating, then you need to provide them with the necessary information with which to root out the cheaters. Otherwise, by not allowing alliances to take action against the cheaters, Kabam themselves are complicit in allowing the guilty parties to reoffend... as members of the same alliances that they penalized!
  • Options
    TanukiTalesTanukiTales Posts: 255 ★★

Because you benefited from an unfair advantage.
  • Options

If you’re going to punish alliances for their unknowing complicity in cheating, then you need to provide them with the necessary information with which to root out the cheaters. Otherwise, by not allowing alliances to take action against the cheaters, Kabam themselves are complicit in allowing the guilty parties to reoffend... as members of the same alliances that they penalized!

My stance on that should be well known by now, but I've stated repeatedly that this policy should be changed on multiple grounds. But that is irrelevant to the specific topic I was replying to, which was the suggestion that you could only punish the one member of the alliance through penalties or bans, while leaving the rest of the alliance completely unaffected. You cannot do that, whether the notification policy changes or not, because that is exploitable. Allowing an exploit of that nature is tantamount to doing nothing at all.
  • Options
    LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39
    No simply because if it’s just one person you’re punishing 29 other people for their action. They’re already taking the rating and points hit, costing them rewards they would have likely got if they’d knew and replaced the cheater. Now if it’s systemic, more than a handful of players, in an alliance then yes that whole alliance should lose season rewards as they assuredly knew.
  • Options
    battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Question relating to this action as I wasnt online at the precise moment this happened and curious as to the impact of wars.

Can someone who has knowledge of the situation clarify the timeline:
    1) t5 basic shard sale
    2) roughly 90 minutes later delay to matchmaking

which one was next war search or bans......

In other words did alliances have an opportunity (after t5 shard sale of course) to adjust their rosters for any banned players before searching wars.....

to tie in OPs question..... if bans occurred after war searches hit..... they are going to be hit even more as collateral damage