**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Updated Champion Spotlight: Carnage

Cletus Kasady was a serial killer from Brooklyn, psychotic and depraved from an early age. As a cellmate of Eddie Brock’s, he bonded with a spawn of the Venom Symbiote during a prison break, and merged into a single twisted being. Kasady and the Symbiote would go on a killing spree, earning them their name: Carnage. With the Symbiote amplifying Kasady’s psychotic tendencies, there’s no telling how deep their acts of depravity will plunge.

Base Stats & Abilities

*Stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
● Health: 13379 -> 14140
● Attack: 979 -> 1021
● Max PI:
○ Without Signature: 3688 -> 3706
○ With Signature (99): 4855 -> 4895

*Stats based on 5 Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
● Health: 26826 -> 28350
● Attack: 1963 -> 2048
● Max PI:
○ Without Signature: 7418 -> 7452
○ With Signature (200): 10220

Basic Abilities: Resist Physical, Precision, Fury, Cruelty, Bleed

Passive
- The Carnage Symbiote changes form creating weapons and armor providing Passive bonuses based on Carnage’s current needs.
- Struck: +998.5 -> +1636.36 Physical Resistance
- Block: +998.5 -> +1636.36 Block Proficiency
- Light Attack: +998.5 -> +1333.33 Critical Rate
- Medium Attack: +391.6 -> +459.45 Attack
- Heavy Attack: +1508.77 -> +1636.36 Critical Damage Rate

Developer Note: Same Buffs, but bigger numbers, slightly larger buffs to the defensive Buffs to help him feel a little less squishy!

Special Attacks
- Each time Carnage activates a Special Attack he begins to Mutate for 10 seconds.
- Once his mutation ends, he copies his current Symbiotic Creation as a Permanent Buff.
- He can have a Maximum of 5 Permanent Buffs.

Developer Note: No changes here, move along … move along

Critical Hits
- If the target is already Bleeding or Armor Broken, gain a 80% -> %100 Chance to Bleed dealing 44.06 -> 56.16 damage over 0.5 seconds.

Developer Note: Now a 100% chance, the point is to get the crits while the Bleed/Armor Breaks are active, and it didn’t feel rewarding to do that, and hit that unlucky 20%.

Heavy Attacks
100% chance to inflict Bleed dealing 538.45 -> 995.48 Direct Damage over 10 -> 15 seconds.

Developer Note: Increased Duration, to help keep Carnage’s Power Gain train rolling, and increased Damage to make it less susceptible to Willpower.

*New Ability* Ravager - Passive
- Carnage rips and tears at his opponents, each time he triggers a Bleed Debuff on his Opponent he has a 25% chance to Refresh the Duration of all the other Bleed Debuffs on his Opponent.
- If one of his Bleeds fails to apply due to an Immunity he has a 100% chance to Armor Break his opponent instead, reducing their Armor by 1333.33 lasting for 10 seconds. The Armor Break doesn’t stack.
- While his Opponent is Bleeding or Armor Broken, his Special Attacks become Unblockable.

Developer Note: Couple of changes here, the Armor Breaks replacing Bleeds when the opponent is immune makes Carnage better at overcoming the Bleed Immunity of Robots who he should have the Cosmic over Tech advantage against. The Bleed refresh shifts more of Carnage’s Damage potential into his Bleeds, and makes him work even better with Deep Wounds (more time to land that Bleed Refresh), It also allow him to keep his Power Gain flowing without needing to thread in Heavy Attacks or Special 3’s nearly as often. Special note for the Beta Players, apologies for the bug on the info page, you were playing Carnage with the Bleed Reset Chance at 20% for your reference.

*New Ability* Ravager - Passive
- Carnage gains 50% additional Power from Striking his Opponent. This is reduced by 25% per Mutation Buff he has.

Developer Note: A big injection of Power at the beginning of the fight, as long as Carnage stays on offense. This is targeted at allowing Carnage to get his first 4 Mutation Buffs locked in much faster, and making it much less punishing if you have to build up to SP3 to get a bleed in place. Note: the bonus reduces by 25% per Mutation Buff, meaning at 2 Buffs the bonus is 25% and is entirely gone at 4 Buffs. If you were in Beta there was a bug with this ability we only found after the test which was cutting off the Power Bonus at 2 Buffs, so this should help Carnage ramp to 4 Buffs even faster!

Special 1: Frenzied Assault - Carnage hurls himself at his opponent, rending with limbs and tentacles alike.
- This attack receives +998.5 -> 1076.92 additional Critical Rating.

Developer Note: Same as before, but slightly more Critical Rating. The combination of many hits, and the Critical Rating bonus makes this attack the way to try and refresh Bleeds.

Special 2: Rabid Onslaught - Carnage uses his tentacles to suddenly propel himself towards his target while he strikes with his claws.
- This attack receives +1529.33 -> 1571.43 Critical Damage Rating.

Developer Note: Again same as before with a juuuust a bit more Critical Damage Rating, this is the go to Special Attack for DPS once Carnage has all of his Buffs built up, especially with a Critical Rating Buff or 2, and some Furies locked in to make the most use of the bonus Critical Damage Rating.

Special 3: Aberrant Soul - Carnage uses his tentacles to pin his opponent in place, allowing him to take the time to revel in the carnage he creates.
- 100% chance to cause the Opponent to Bleed, dealing 3671.25 -> 5819.7 Direct Damage over 20 -> 30 seconds.

Developer Note: Increase to Damage and Duration, of the Bleed, makes this the way for Carnage to get a Bleed in place if you can’t easily land a Heavy Attack (eg Stun Immune Fights). The duration is also long enough that it tends to be relatively easy to keep refreshing it for most of, if not an entire, fight.

Signature Ability: Bloodlust
The sight and smell of blood triggers Carnage’s bloodlust, granting a Power Gain Buff when activating a Bleed or Armor Break on the opponent that lasts as long as the Opponent is Bleeding or Armor Broken. The Power Gain grants up to 6.57% of a Bar of Power per second based on how close Carnage is to the Bleeding or Armor Broken opponent.

Synergy Bonuses

Venom - Shared Genetic Memory
Venom and Carnage gain +1 to their maximum number of Genetic Memory or Hyper Mutation Buffs
Deadpool or Deadpool (X-Force) - Enemies
All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating
Spider-Man - Nemesis
All Champions gain +6% Attack
Spider-Man (Symbiote) or Agent Venom or Venompool - Family
All Champions gain +6% to Health

Developer Note: These are unchanged

Comments

• If we use sp3 more than once, and use the ravager ability to refresh the bleeds, is it possible to get multiple of those sweet 30 second bleeds in? Or do they not stack?
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Can A Mod Stick This spotlight Up in The Forum
  • Has this already happened, or is it happening when the update comes out?
  • jaylerd wrote: »
    For anyone curious:

I am comparing the original beta Carnage to this new release. This updated Carnage, compared to the beta, has:
    • a max 1636.36 physical resistance mutation up from 1333.3
    • a max 1636.36 block proficiency mutation up from 1333.3
    • 25% chance to refresh a bleed, up from 20%
    • Armor break of 1333.33 up from 666.67
    • Unblockable specials

At a glance, these do not reflect the changes many seemed to feel Carnage needed, specifically either carrying over mutations or getting mutations faster.

However, increased bleed refresh, increased armor break, and unblockable specials do address the concern that he still wasn't a strong attacker and that he couldn't take a punch. They have addressed those issues, it seems.

I'm excited to play him!

Oh, thank you! I couldn't remember what the buffs were originally and if they had changed any after the Beta, still wish he had some measure of Regen even if it was small.
    Could have given him Persistent Charges that went up with every Buff he had in the previous fight and turned them into Regen the next fight, something like regain 200-250 health per buff/charge. Or he could regenerate when hit with a Bleed Debuff.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Just curious, will 2 stacks of block proficiency help fight the collected?
    I mean, just how effective is the change with 3200 increase in block proficiency?
    Just curious, will 2 stacks of block proficiency help fight the collected?
    I mean, just how effective is the change with 3200 increase in block proficiency?

Same
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    And this is live immediately? Awesome!
  • Mitchell35 wrote: »

No, October 1st.
    SSJB_Gohan wrote: »
    Mitchell35 wrote: »

No, October 1st.

Yes
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I still wish Carnage had anti evasion, but looking forward to trying out these buffs.

The small changes since the beta look nice too.
  • I’ve a maxed out, awakened 3 star looking forward to 1st Oct
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Awesome im looking forward to ranking my 4* carnage
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Kabam Ein wrote: »

Critical Hits
    - If the target is already Bleeding or Armor Broken, gain a 80% -> %100 Chance to Bleed dealing 44.06 -> 56.16 damage over 0.5 seconds.

Developer Note: Now a 100% chance, the point is to get the crits while the Bleed/Armor Breaks are active, and it didn’t feel rewarding to do that, and hit that unlucky 20%.

Need help on this. If the original figure was 99%, it will still has to be updated to 100%. This is how I understand from it from this other post where an official comment was also made.

So, for my noob mine, does the % even matter when it is not 100%?
    winterthur wrote: »
    Kabam Ein wrote: »

Critical Hits

Need help on this. If the original figure was 99%, it will still has to be updated to 100%. This is how I understand from it from this other post where an official comment was also made.

So, for my noob mine, does the % even matter when it is not 100%?

Its 100% its Matter because it means more bleed
  • 73561925997356192599 Posts: 4
    Oh oh ho wow carnage is nuts now
    Actually my 5 star carnage was one of the worst Champions in my account but now he is so good
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    venom is still better, but carnage now at least has amazing bleed and unblockable specials while bleeding which at least makes him maybe worth considering in AW defense on a bleed node.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    venom is still better, but carnage now at least has amazing bleed and unblockable specials while bleeding which at least makes him maybe worth considering in AW defense on a bleed node.

If his sp weren't hard to evade, an if he wasn't a villain, an if people didn't use bleed immunes for bleed nodes then yeah good call lol
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I guess people will quit calling him "carbage" or garbage from now on. It's about time they made him good.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    h76oleurpdkj.png
    Will rather r4 him over carnage tho
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    @Kabam does carnage still get true strike when he uses his sp1 or has that been removed
    Strikerrx8 wrote: »
    h76oleurpdkj.png
    Will rather r4 him over carnage tho

No One Care I will Rank 5 My Carnage Tho
  • InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    Where is venom???
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    @Kabam does carnage still get true strike when he uses his sp1 or has that been removed

Carnage has never had true strike, an is not getting it according to his spotlight
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Carnage has never had true strike, an is not getting it according to his spotlight

actually he did when you used his sp1

nvm thats just him mutating but it looks like true strike lol

Don't think so, unless it's an ability they left out of his ability list an wasn't working on mine every time I've used him.

Post a screenshot showing this then of you think your right