**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: Blood and Venom: Symbiomancer

edited October 2018 in General Discussion
A SWARM OF SYMBIOTES

Symbiotes have begun to appear all around The Battlerealm at random. As if that wasn’t enough, Guillotine has requested your help to save a once powerful ally from a pursuing force. Where are all of the Symbiotes coming from, and how are they getting around so fast? Team up with Guillotine and put an end to the rampage!

The chaos caused by the onslaught of Symbiotes has had some… interesting effects.
Firstly, the Master Key has been destroyed. Yes, you read that right, the Master Key has been destroyed, and the Master Difficulty has been unlocked for the foreseeable future.
Secondly, Uncollected difficulty has been replaced with EPIC for this month, allowing a challenge for anyone Level 40 and up.
Finally, a new SYMBIOTE difficulty has appeared, which will require the help of a friendly Symbioid in order to complete, starting on October 17th. It was mentioned before, but it’s worth repeating: this difficulty is beyond what you’ve seen in Master and Uncollected, and it will require the help of a properly invested Symbioid to complete.

TALL, DARK, AND HANDSOME

Two Symbiote creatures have slithered their way into The Battlerealm!

Venom the Duck is the first result of what happens when the Symbiotes run amok and start bonding with a wide array of Champions. While Howard may seem like an odd choice, this Symbiote chose him for his cunning intellect and is using that in conjunction with the Symbiote’s natural bloodlust and penchant for violence. Throughout combat, Venom the Duck will be able to activate buffs of different categories, store them for later use, and call them back when he needs them.

The Symbiote Supreme is a powerful Symbiomancer who can control Symbiotes through his mysterious magic. What he hopes to gain from taking control of Symbiotes throughout The Battlerealm remains to be seen, but it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the inhabitants. He is able to gain and switch between the blessings of Eldar Gods and a Demon to increase his offensive and defensive capabilities, and to Nullify the buffs on opponents.

--

Q&A
How long does this quest run for?
This quest will be starting on the 3rd of October at 10:00AM PDT and will run until November 7th at 10:00AM PST. Those attempting Legends runs will have until October 17th to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

How do I get the Legends title associated with Master Difficulty?
The Legends title and rewards will be given to the 100 players who 100% explore HEROIC AND MASTER difficulties in this Event Quest the fastest. Just like recent Event Quests, this quest will take advantage of the Time Attack system we’ve put in place for our Monthly Quest Legends Program. This means that the players that completely explore Heroic and Master difficulty the fastest within the first 2 weeks of the event being live will win the title. More information on that can be found here:https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program

In addition to this distinction, these first 100 will receive the following rewards:
#1-5 - 3x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
#6-100 - 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
--

Rewards

For completing and mastering all of the Beginner Quests, you earn:
4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
150x Units
900x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
2x Generic Tier 1 Catalysts
2x Generic Tier 2 Catalysts
15x Tier 3 Generic ISO
18x Tier 2 Class ISO (3/each class)
1x Dark Mallard Title
150x Strands
1x Klyntar Katalyst

For completing and mastering all of the Normal Quests, you earn:
1x 3-Star Guillotine
5250x Premium Crystal Shards (2.5x Crystals)
2000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1x Crystal)
150x Units
2700x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
1x Alpha Catalyst
3x Tier 2 Generic Catalysts
5x Tier 3 Generic ISO
7x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 2 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x Dark Mallard Title
190x Strands
2x Klyntar Katalysts

For completing and mastering all of the Heroic Quests, you earn:
4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
800x 4-Star Crystal Shards (40% of a Crystal)
1000x 5-Star Crystal Shards (10% of a Crystal)
150x Units
1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
1x Alpha Catalyst
2x Tier 3 Generic Catalysts
12x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 3 Class ISO (5/each class)
10x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals
1x Dark Mallard Title
230x Strands
5x Klyntar Katalysts

For completing and mastering all of the Master Quests, you earn:
3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
6000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (3x Crystals)
2000x 4-Star Crystal Shards (100% of a Crystal)
1500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (15% of a Crystal)
150x Units
3x Alpha Catalyst
1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
3600x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments (10% of a Catalyst)
55x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals
5x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
28000x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragment
1x Master of the Dark Arts Title
270x Strands
15x Klyntar Katalyst

For completing and mastering all of the Epic Quests, you earn:
4020x 4-Star Crystal Shards
7500x 5-Star Crystal Shards
2500x 6-Star Crystal Shards
12000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment
10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystal
9000x Tier 5 Generic Catalyst Shard
1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
310x Strands
25x Klyntar Katalyst

For completing and mastering all of the Symbiote Quests, you earn:
1x 5-Star Featured Hero Crystal
3500x 5-Star Shards
15750x T2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment
10x 5-Star Sig Stone Crystal
1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
1x Monstrous Master Title
9000x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragment
48150 Gold

Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    You get 1 5* featured hero crystal? How does that work? Does it have to be this featured hero crystal?
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Nice
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do the symbiote difficulty rewards seem a little low?
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Isn't Symbiote difficulty harder than Epic? Why does it have worse rewards?

I would reread. Basically 15k 5* shards, 2,500 6* shards, and 1/2 a T2A. Seems pretty decent to me. But we will have to see the difficulty level to obtain them.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Will this be the current featured 5* or the next one coming up in a few weeks
    No 6* shards
    Or is the 2500 5* shards a typo
    Please be a typo
    (Symbiote difficulty)
  • Denta89Denta89 Posts: 74
    Epic rewards are better lol
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do the symbiote difficulty rewards seem a little low?
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Isn't Symbiote difficulty harder than Epic? Why does it have worse rewards?

I would reread. Basically 15k 5* shards, 2,500 6* shards, and 1/2 a T2A. Seems pretty decent to me. But we will have to see the difficulty level to obtain them.
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    No 6* shards
    Or is the 2500 5* shards a typo
    Please be a typo
    (Symbiote difficulty)

Oops. Read this without my glasses. I would’ve thought it was 6* shards since they’re giving us a 5* crystal.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    How many Klyntar Katalysts to max out our summoned symbioids? If it’s 48 and requires exploration of ALL difficulties I’m going to #### my pants.
    How many Klyntar Katalysts to max out our summoned symbioids? If it’s 48 and requires exploration of ALL difficulties I’m going to #### my pants.

Epic difficulty is enough to take your sym to r5
  • ElusiveElusive Posts: 45
    Is the 2500 5 star shards? Or it is a typo? Also which champs are in that featured?
  • Mars___Mars___ Posts: 87 ★★
    2500x 5-Star Shards... hope this is a typo... Else Kabam will be like we are giving you hardest content you ever seen but don't expect the same scale of rewards .. :(:(:(
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Something seems off about the symbiote rewards
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I am disappointed in the rewards for the Symbiote level. If the difficulty is higher than Epic, I think the rewards should be greater than Epic. They do not appear to be.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    If those were 6* shards I’d be a bit happier...

Also, there should be t5b fragments... it’s freakin harder than epic! Like what in the actual heck?
    I’m assuming they are and an edit is forthcoming
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I can only assume that the Symbiote quest doesn’t have many fights in it, there’s no way I’ll do the standard event length, with harder difficulty, for those rewards. I have better things to do.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    Like we Can play with a new one im lucking farwprd to it
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Are the 2500 5 star shards meant to be 6 star shards
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    Are the 2500 5 star shards meant to be 6 star shards

Hops
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Any clarification (me hoping it’s a typo)
    @Kobster84 they’ve gone for a swim and will be back later
    8j5t2pcrbsri.gif