**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I start buying featured 5 star crystals?

Few players have had worse luck than I have had. My five star roster sits at 14 and includes GP, Elektra, Ultron, Wasp and Captain Marvel as the only heroes worthy of even a rank 2. At rank one are the following pillow fists: juggernaut, venompool, Starlord (unduped and never to be duped), spider Gwen, Groot, captain America, vulture, Kamala khan and beast. (What makes it depressing is GP, Elektra and Ultron were 3 of my first 4 pulls)

Is there any value purchasing the featured crystals at this point?

Should I start buying featured 5 star crystals? 53 votes

Yes. Purchase the 15k crystals and get better heroes on average
24%
Iron_SkywalkerAanthoKittenPrimeJC_B_Dizzle_01Reaper213FhfjghhggggjfhfjgHyperbolein_1LordNeoBdavis_2017LoctiteSuperGlueuthy99Suel 13 votes
No. Waste of resources.
75%
PiviotSIlverProfessorJets44nebSungjStucatDOKTOROKTOPUSAb_SamadMonk1Savio444M1k0rinMabkaZuckSceptilemaniacJustusCastrumYouconfusedTrollllolllloBirdReynoldsDankestChefBruinsfan851010or_Strong 40 votes

Comments

• ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    No. Waste of resources.
    I think all in all that is a fair spread of champs, and there are plenty who have much worse luck. It sucks when you invest a lot of time and effort to get enough shards for a 5* crystal and the resulting champ does not add any value to your roster. I think everyone here feels that pain, and you need to accept it’s the likely outcome of most crystals you open.

Personally I would suggest sticking to basics until you have a bigger roster.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    beast, elektra and ultron are decent, gp and wasp are good.
    go for featured if you want some of newer champs or if you are ok with most of champs there. pulling ip for 15k shards might be depressing
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 476 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    No. Waste of resources.
    I say no. If your luck is anything like mine lately, do the basic. I tried 4 blade featured crystals way back when and got ant-man, cap, groot and x-23. Next 5* basic I opened was Blade. Tried 2 featured this month and got Ultron with both. Then next basic I got was Void.

Besides, Cap IW, Corvus and Domino are all in the Basic now as well.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Finish act5 and awaken Starlord like i did, im almost 100% LOL thx to him
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    thought you meant grandmasters, changed my mind to a big fat NO
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    My current philosophy is if you don't have a 5* you feel is worth rank 4 at all, and the current featured crystal has at least a 40% chance of pulling a champ that you would take to rank 4, save for featured. Once you get that rank 4 worthy 5*, switch back to basic.
  • Avetrex2Avetrex2 Posts: 59
    No. Waste of resources.
    Wait for a better crystal.
  • Ok. Thanks for the advice. Decided to just roll the basic and rolled a five star Killmonger. Considering I have a 5 star GP already, what rank is he worthy of?
  • Maximus0215Maximus0215 Posts: 128
    Killmonger is R5 worthy IMO
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    No. Waste of resources.
    Dude that sucks. My first 8 were X-23. GR, Blade, Dorm, Morningstar, Quake, Red Hulk, Starlord. Sitting at 31 now
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    my first featured 5* was Juggernaut.
    My last non featured 5* crystal today was Medusa

I now stay away from featured 5* crystals. Getting a crappy 5* character out of the regular crystals is less of a hit than one from a featured crystal that cost 50% more. Yes even with the current one having better odds of getting a pretty good character. If i'm going to get 2 crappy dupes out of the featured or 3 crappy dupes out of a non featured crystal give me the extra 6* shards
  • Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    It's all RNG,after 7 bad pulls from basic went for featured closed my eyes tapped on the crystal ..and boom it was a domino