**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

You're (not so) slowly turning a fun game to a chore

When it can take months to rank a champ to 5 or a 5*, seeing them in aq day 4 and 5 hitting for 200 dmg x hit is disheartening.

Aq has become a chore against unknown factors. Our champs become wet noodles past day 3, critical hits disappear, abilities proccing no more. 5 hit combos have to be dropped cause the AI reacts faster than tour char putting up the block. Parry is broken at least on iphone, while lag is outrageous on android.

In the end, past day 3 whatever you bring is the same, it will hit like a wet noodle, and fights instead of being fun and challenging will just tutn to be needlessly prolonged, boring, made of just waiting the ia and retaliate, 40,50,60 times.

Is this what uou wanted the game to be?

Cause tbh ita hella boring. Feels forced. Feels like you couldnt come up with anything else to male it harder for good players. People gets bored fast of doing the same, infinite, unsatisfying and rigged thing over and over again.

And lezbehonest, 3 more crystals ai t gonna cut it with the terrible rewards they give.

Just my 2 cents, discuss.

TL/DR: aq is "rigged" in a way that makes it boring, and feel like a chore to do instead of a challenging and fun part of the game. Parry issues along with wet noodle state of chars past that day makes ppl fed up.

Comments

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I'm genuinely confused. So you are saying AQ is boring because your champs hit like a wet noodle after day 3? Well, of course they would look like they are not doing a lot of damage after day 3, since the increased prestige means enemies have way more health and attack, and thus can tank more hits from you. That would mean it is more challenging wouldn't it? In what way would this be boring? Can you clarify?

Honestly speaking, when I saw the title of this thread, I expected a rant about the arena and high cutoffs and how the long grinding times make the game feel more of a chore, not something like AQ...
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I 1000% agree with op. Ultimately I am a 2 year plus player. I have for the most part retired. I logged in this week to do web slinger and master quest but my son is playing my account and my 5k prestige account is in a sub 1 mil alliance.

For me the points made in first post just made it senseless to continue in competitive aq play. I just couldn't justify the effort when in the end there is no point in ranking champs anymore. Aq is boring and frustrating. I took no enjoyment in it anymore
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    We doing map 5 day 4 and most of the fights I do ends in like 25 to 30 hits, so if you use 4/40 on day 3 don't expect them to have the same performance as in day 1, cuz depending on the completion of your groups the prestige is getting higher and higher therefore meaning the opponents get tougher and tougher....
  • JamezBongJamezBong Posts: 97
    Why dont you just relax and chil at day 4&5 by playing map 3 or lower ? At least we have a choice, & sure we know the. Onsequence ... Ally rank, tier, reward etc
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    So you're telling me becuse the game got tougher for you that it's not a good game anymore? You don't have to grind for champs. I quit doing that because those champs don't help my roster. The United aren't worthy grinding for. Yes, aq is the same chore it's always been. If you want to be more than a casual player you need to do aq and aw otherwise you won't get anywhere with your champs. You aren't required to play that content. This is a team based game as well as a solo game. To advance quickly you need to play both aspects of the game
    Not all players have lag issues. I've never experienced in lag in aq. Not sure what odd mechanics you are talking about either
    I think it's harder to parry but I try to intercept a lot more lately than I used to in aq. I bring regen champs for the nodes I don't need a specific champ on. The parry timing is differnet but just like when parry was introduced you had to learn the timing.
    Also, post like these seem to bring the overall morale of the community now because all people seem to post nowadays are negative things towards the game
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Also, post like these seem to bring the overall morale of the community now because all people seem to post nowadays are negative things towards the game

Speaking the truth isn't bringing anything down.
    Yes it does. You tell someone they suck and it brings them down even though you say the truth
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Haven't had your problems mate. I've heard of the lag, but very faced it in AW or AQ, only in questing
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    It's still better than Harvest Moon and those farming games. I could never wrap my head around a game thats pretty much just working. Give me something like a pimp simulator. That'd be fun. Harvest your funds from your hoes, recruit new tricks. Get your hustle game ranked up. I forgot what I'm talking about.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    edited July 2017
    I agree with OP.

I posted a thread on a different forum site about timing out on fights with 5/50 4* on map 5 day 4 with high prestige and I got lots of negative feedback from the community. It is amazing that we aren't all on the same page about this.

The community doesn't care. Kabam doesn't care. It just is what it is.

4*s are becoming useless on offense whether everyone admits it or not.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    I think it's harder to parry but I try to intercept a lot more lately than I used to in aq. I bring regen champs for the nodes I don't need a specific champ on. The parry timing is differnet but just like when parry was introduced you had to learn the timing.

Mind if i ask what prestige you play around day 4-5 usually?
    Yes it does. You tell someone they suck and it brings them down even though you say the truth

Not fitting, claiming the product a company is giving/selling you is not up to task is part of consumer's feedback. I spent enough money in the past (not a huge amount, but enough to say i paid to play CoC like i'd pay a ps4 title) to think in the right for expressing my doubts.

What's bad is pretending there's no problems, bugs, or else, just cause you still didnt bump into them. see @GroundedWisdom Learning curve (no offense here mate, but you're by far the best example and rightfully so)
    Past basic content, too much is done to harm the player. Nothing is done to help and the rewards aren't worth it. There is no difficulty curve, it just spikes up by massive degrees.

Challenger rating needs to go. All nodes that inflict damage without getting hit need to go. And the game team needs to provide a greater range of difficulty and allow progression.

If people want to play overly difficult content that requires hundreds of hits to kill every enemy when they can all kill you in one combo, then keep that as a separate difficultly level which gives different titles but no extra rewards than more reasonable and fair content.

See if all the people who claim to enjoy it bother with it then.

You sir, catched my thoughts perfectly.

I don't pretend there are no issues. If I haven't experienced them, I say so. If I have, I say that too. I don't devalue the experience of others. What I don't do, is participate in rants or conspiracy based on my frustration. Not that I'm implying that's what this is. Just thought I would clarify. Lol. I'm just not into badmouthing the company because that doesn't help those issues get resolved. ;)
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Take a break and drop down to a semi retired alliance, sounds like you need it.
    @Morgan, my alliances starting prestige is 5k and we do 66555 in aq so I'm. It sure what our prestige is day 4 or 5 but it's above 7k on those days
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Aq is one of the more fun parts of the game, map 5 fights are boring even on day 4-5. Map six has challenging fights that keep you focused and fun to play
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    The community doesn't care.

99.9% of the players of the game are pretty consistently told that they are not good enough, not strong enough, not playing maps difficult enough, and not in a high enough alliance to even see these problems so their opinions and comments don't matter. Why should they care? For the most part I've stopped really keeping track of or looking out for these kinds of issues, because I'm one of those people whose opinion doesn't matter anyway.

All I know is there's video streams of tier 1/2 AQ and AW that don't contain these issues, so I know they aren't universal, or even common. Beyond that, I'll start caring about this issue just as soon as it matters what I think about it.

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    I'm genuinely confused. So you are saying AQ is boring because your champs hit like a wet noodle after day 3? Well, of course they would look like they are not doing a lot of damage after day 3, since the increased prestige means enemies have way more health and attack, and thus can tank more hits from you. That would mean it is more challenging wouldn't it? In what way would this be boring? Can you clarify?

Honestly speaking, when I saw the title of this thread, I expected a rant about the arena and high cutoffs and how the long grinding times make the game feel more of a chore, not something like AQ...

There is a HUGE difference between challenging due to different situations or challenging by rigging the game.

If i spent time and patience into growing a 5/50, which is, right now, a step below the ultimate Force in the game, i expect it to perform his abilities. The fact i wait weeks to level a bleeder up and past day 3 my bleeds aren't around as i expect is stupid. since there's already like you stated the increased pi and hp of enemies. On top, your dmg gets reduced, your healing gets reduced. In the end, it takes away at how hardly you've built your team, and again, hitting for 250 dmg what should be fodder isn't fun.

Parry becoming non existant, 5 hits combo being ista retaliated, 99% abilities not proccing, all of it is out of the difficulty curve, at least it should. There's no real difficulty if you set the AI to be able to bypass the minimum amount of time you need to block. That's just rigging mechanics.

We still close aq 5 at day 5, that's not the issue. but i'm in a 7.5m ally, so avg, and while before we were excited to go for Kang day 4 and 5, now feels like a bother having to deal with so much BS at once.

There are a gazilions ways of making it more difficult without Killing the joy of playing the game.NONE, absolutely NONE likes to see the chars they grinded so hard fo perform like 2*.

Let's sum up:

BEFORE:

-Arena: Effed up scores. but you'd ALWAIS get the basic failing the featured.
    -Story: exploration not much of an issue, and kinda exciting to act 4. Rewards actually not bad for difficulty.
    -Aq: 1 max 2 hard nodes per path, Midway fights as sort of break or occasion to heal, challenging final boss. HP loss was your mistake, not an IA input
    -War: Wolvi wolvi wolvi ultron ultron ultron MD MD MD

NOW:
    -Arena: back to massive amount of grinding
    -Story: fun nodes? back to money pit nodes and final boss (5.2)
    -Aq: CR (or whatever mechanic) Killing your champs, plus increased prestige. AI absurdly weird, unavoidable retaliations, block dmg skyhigh.
    -War: Oh, MD dormammu, MD Magik, MD Colossi, MD Juggies, NC, Hyperion. heal heal beat beat.

Overall, can you really say it's as good as before? And if before wasn't good, then what's this now?

i'm having fun

if you're not having fun, may need to find a new game to play
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    @morgan are you using 3 stars or 3/30 4* in map 5 of AQ? I have no issue running a 5/50 wolvie though every aq fight and regenerating plenty. Yesterday i messed up and lost wolvie but had no issue getting him to full health from a 350 revive. I think the last few days are much more fun because it's not super easy, what's the point if it's super easy?