**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

End of Season 4 AW

Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
I find it very strange that before rewards given out not 1 team got score lowered for piloting. Kabam is basically adjusting scores early so teams have a chance to blow through unfair competition and get back up in the tiers. I don't understand this logic at all as it rewards the cheaters and not the fair play customers. Really sad that there was no adjustments prior to release of season rewards so basically there was no piloting at the end of the season....which should be the main time alliances get reviewed.

Comments

• Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Kabam just help them get the win streak needed to climb back to master at the expense of lower alliances in plat or even gold. Well power of the heavy paying customer I guess.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rewards dropping within hours of the final AWs ending makes it seem like piloting the final 3 AWs of a season may be safe. Even if there's truth to that this season was a huge improvement over the 1st three. Keep it up Kabam.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    People did get hit about 5 hours after rewards came out. I know this for a fact. Also know that some alliances that were hit cause guys played multiple accounts that were theirs on multiple devices. So all I’m saying is detection is not full proof some honest players will get punished.
  • Options
    DL864 wrote: »
    People did get hit about 5 hours after rewards came out. I know this for a fact. Also know that some alliances that were hit cause guys played multiple accounts that were theirs on multiple devices. So all I’m saying is detection is not full proof some honest players will get punished.

5 hours after rewards.....what a deterrent to cheating.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    DL864 wrote: »

5 hours after rewards.....what a deterrent to cheating.

Oh I know.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

We did act on Alliances that did not play fairly in the final week of Alliance Wars before rewards went out. Remember, the point of these actions is to punish wrong doing, but also to rehabilitate Alliances, so that they do not do the same thing in the future.

We want Alliances to learn from their mistakes, and not make them again.

But you can understand how it looks from the outside? A punishment should act as a deterrent, but how much does this punishment deter those from doing it (again) if it’s commonplace that the punishment is ineffectual.
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Hey All,

We did act on Alliances that did not play fairly in the final week of Alliance Wars before rewards went out. Remember, the point of these actions is to punish wrong doing, but also to rehabilitate Alliances, so that they do not do the same thing in the future.

But u didn’t compensate alliances who got beaten by these cheating alliances ... we ended up in plat 3 top 10 instead of plat 2 because of such alliance ... they got docked points after our AW ended but what about the win bonus that we lost?
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Stop with that nonsense about people with multiple accounts and multiple devices being punished and take a look at their terms of service and privacy policy and you will see why some with multiple accounts on multiple devices are getting punished.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/privacy-policy/

If you buy an account you will get popped for account sharring/ piolting and your alliance will get docked and you might face a temporary or permanent ban.

If you are given an account you will get popped for account sharring/ piolting and your alliance will get docked and you might face a temporary or permanent ban.

If you let someone or multiple people use your account or accounts for any reason then you and your alliance will get docked and you might face a temporary or permanent ban.

And if you hack or mod while doing this then you're screwed.

If your records, kabams id they assign your profile, location, timezone, device name, device type, device id, device ip, and third party data that is a lot more then you realize especially if you connect everything together.

Not one person has ever proved or shown evidence that they got hit just for having multiple accounts in the same alliance or in general and literally kabam already said it was fine like a million times now here and on their support.

I've been using two accounts on one or two devices and have them both in the same alliance for over a year now and not have been docked once for it or me specifically after chatting with kabam so honestly just stop.

I applaud them for trying to clean up the game but their message wasn't hard enough because some of the higher allaince who got docked are still doing the same thing that got them dinged, and it's pretty obvious.

They also need to give leaders more information on who is hacking or account sharring or pilioting to make it easier to figure out.
  • Options
    Hey All,

@Kabam Miike That makes sense. The only thing I'll add is that Kabam may not be aware of what it may take for players and alliances who have repeatedly gotten away with certain TOS violations to achieve rehabilitation. Your comment reminded me of a powerpoint lecture I attended in graduate school. That lecture made certain statements about the necessary requirements for behavioral extinction to occur. Some statements included were:

"Number of times a behavior produces reinforcement may influence resistance to extinction"

"A behavior with a long history of reinforcement may have more resistance to extinction than a behavior with a shorter history of reinforcement"

"Effectiveness of extinction is dependent primarily on identification of reinforcing consequences and consistent application of the procedure"

In other words, players/alliances who were able to earn MCOC in-game rewards while violating TOS for extended amount of time are likely to continue searching for new ways to maintain their old habits. I apologize if this post is perceived as condescending. I have over 10 years of paid teaching experience, to reference the content of this post old habits die hard. At the small chance Kabam would be interested in the type of information in this post, the powerpoint lecture I referenced can be viewed below. Season 4 of AW Seasons was by far the best yet, I'm looking forward to what Kabam has in store for Season 5.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlLIWVJRrEUHkmSYwx1_ZdboK2FN
  • Options
    CateatswhalesCateatswhales Posts: 112
    Wow my post was removed. I was just wondering how an all goes from platinum 3 and gold 1 to master in 2 weeks.. it's a valid question. My all won 13 wars in a row and never moved out of our bracket
  • Options
    Wow my post was removed. I was just wondering how an all goes from platinum 3 and gold 1 to master in 2 weeks.. it's a valid question. My all won 13 wars in a row and never moved out of our bracket

War Tier Multiplier
  • Options

War Tier Multiplier

Not sure how they got the higher multiplier fighting in lower tiers, sounds like a mistake or something.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

War Tier Multiplier

Not sure how they got the higher multiplier fighting in lower tiers, sounds like a mistake or something.

I’m thinking when alliances get hit with a ban and lose war rating, they drop down in bracket (ie master to plat) but they stay in the same tier (tier 2 for example). Higher tiers give a higher multiplier, therefore giving them more points each war.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    My all won 13 wars in a row and never moved out of our bracket

That sounds unlikely.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Depends how high their war rating was when they got docked. Losing 300 points when you're at 3100-3200 isn't very damaging. 2-4 wins and you're back to tier 1.
  • Options
    CateatswhalesCateatswhales Posts: 112
    Not a mistake...lol it's not possible to move up from gold 1 to master in 7 wars i don't care what the multiplier is
  • Options
    Not a mistake...lol it's not possible to move up from gold 1 to master in 7 wars i don't care what the multiplier is

If your war multiplier is 7X it may be possible, especially with how many tier 1-2 alliances got docked this season
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★

Also because they steamroll through alliances with much lower rating and gain points from attack bonuses and defender remaining. They get even more points then other equally matched alliances that win by 100% the map. Basically the opposing alliance either just give up to save item use knowing they will lose anyways or die trying.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I see all the cheating alliances which dropped from Master, back in Master.

Only the mickey mouse alliances who don't even do piloting as a plan, gets really punished by the current method adopted by Kabam.

WAKE up and have a look at plat 3 again before you say that...

agreed
  • Options
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

Also because they steamroll through alliances with much lower rating and gain points from attack bonuses and defender remaining. They get even more points then other equally matched alliances that win by 100% the map. Basically the opposing alliance either just give up to save item use knowing they will lose anyways or die trying.

High amounts of defenders remaining is a great way to earn massive leaderboard points when you have a tier 1-2 multiplier
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

If your war multiplier is 7X it may be possible, especially with how many tier 1-2 alliances got docked this season

It isn't mathematically impossible, but I think it would require very special circumstances. Platinum 3 to Master in seven wars seems within the realm of possibility.

The minimum point gap from Gold 1 to Master this season was about 4.344 million points. To jump from Gold 1 to Master would require at a minimum outscoring all of your Platinum competition by at least that many points. Assuming a 7x multiplier and 7 wars, that would require raw outscoring of 88,609 points per war. Since the average Platinum alliance is likely to win at least half their wars, the best you can do is win them all and gain 25k points per war on average. That leaves 63,608 points per war they would have to outscore their opponents in. And the only conceivable way I could see that happening is if they so vastly outmatched their competition in every one of those wars that the other side just gave up and didn't complete any BG maps.

I can't say that's impossible. But if it did happen, it points to war rating docking being completely, horribly broken.
  • Options
    Stop with that nonsense about people with multiple accounts and multiple devices being punished and take a look at their terms of service and privacy policy and you will see why some with multiple accounts on multiple devices are getting punished.

If you buy an account you will get popped for account sharing/ piloting and your alliance will get docked and you might face a temporary or permanent ban.

If you are given an account you will get popped for account sharing/ piloting and your alliance will get docked and you might face a temporary or permanent ban.

If you let someone or multiple people use your account or accounts for any reason then you and your alliance will get docked and you might face a temporary or permanent ban.

If your records, kabams id they assign your profile, location, timezone, device name, device type, device id, device IP, and third party data that is a lot more then you realize especially if you connect everything together.

Not one person has ever proved or shown evidence that they got hit just for having multiple accounts in the same alliance or in general and literally kabam already said it was fine like a million times now here and on their support.

I've been using two accounts on one or two devices and have them both in the same alliance for over a year now and not have been docked once for it or me specifically after chatting with kabam so honestly just stop.

I applaud them for trying to clean up the game but their message wasn't hard enough because some of the higher alliance who got docked are still doing the same thing that got them dinged, and it's pretty obvious.

They also need to give leaders more information on who is hacking or account sharing or piloting to make it easier to figure out.

I agree with you regarding the multiple game accounts thing... I myself have 4 separate game accounts that I created and I have many different devices that I use when logging into those accounts and I have had multiple accounts in the same alliance for quite some time & never been penalized because of that fact as far as I know. There was one time where are alliance was docked points/rating but fairly certain it wasn't due to me having multiple accounts in that alliance because at that time a new member had joined our ally & jumped in the AW we had running and he most definitely was a modder because we noticed he had a 5* ultron(the new one) which can only be acquired one way legitimately & they certainly did not have the profile stats to match unfortunately he had already joined war so even though we booted him once we realized he was a hacker it was too late because he already joined the war prior so we got screwed because of it :-(
  • Options
    Hey All,

Yes but why a week before and not delay rewards a day and audit the final week which is the most important?
  • Options
    Hey All,

Yes but why a week before and not delay rewards a day and audit the final week which is the most important?

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. We did take action right before the rewards went out.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    R0ID_RAGE wrote: »

If you buy an account you will get popped for account sharing/ piloting and your alliance will get docked and you might face a temporary or permanent ban.

If you are given an account you will get popped for account sharing/ piloting and your alliance will get docked and you might face a temporary or permanent ban.

If your records, kabams id they assign your profile, location, timezone, device name, device type, device id, device IP, and third party data that is a lot more then you realize especially if you connect everything together.

I applaud them for trying to clean up the game but their message wasn't hard enough because some of the higher alliance who got docked are still doing the same thing that got them dinged, and it's pretty obvious.

They also need to give leaders more information on who is hacking or account sharing or piloting to make it easier to figure out.

I agree with you regarding the multiple game accounts thing... I myself have 4 separate game accounts that I created and I have many different devices that I use when logging into those accounts and I have had multiple accounts in the same alliance for quite some time & never been penalized because of that fact as far as I know. There was one time where are alliance was docked points/rating but fairly certain it wasn't due to me having multiple accounts in that alliance because at that time a new member had joined our ally & jumped in the AW we had running and he most definitely was a modder because we noticed he had a 5* ultron(the new one) which can only be acquired one way legitimately & they certainly did not have the profile stats to match unfortunately he had already joined war so even though we booted him once we realized he was a hacker it was too late because he already joined the war prior so we got screwed because of it :-(

We were docked once, we had 5 new members join right before the season and within a couple of wars they got us dinged, we scrambled around to find the answer as to who it was and we had no idea what was going only that I got message telling me someone vilolated their wars in a war and drop in rating and was like ***.

So we contacted support ( some posted here and you know how that goes) and I made sure it wasn't because of me ( via support and just general knowledge) then we started investigate who.

It was rough going for close to two days and lots of finger pointing, lots of drama, etc until we narrowed it down to 5 names and to make sure it didn't happen again we booted them and it was the right decision since we didn't get popped since their removal (my main and alt are STILL in the same alliance with kabams knowledge and consent btw and 0 more war deductions and I played in the most of wars on both but again they are both mine and I am the sole creator and sole user of them and they can't be tied to anyone else)

Some of the ones who were on our list haven't been active since then and we can't find the others so they either changed their names or are gone now so it was definitely one or all of them they were the skeckiest ones.

We continued like normal got some better members in the process and got back to where we where though we should have been higher but due to that one instance we dropped which sucks and I felt bad for some of our opponents.

They need a better way to stop all these things and a better puinshment that actually deters people from cheating or sharring their accounts because it's obvious theirs isn't working the way it should.

By penalizing the entire alliance for one or person who did whatever it is that they did to get caught ( still don't know exactly what happened and it wasn't noticable at all but obviously it happened) they drop alliances down where they shouldn't be at and basically they allow them to steamroll over a few do it.

Which isn't fair to the other alliance and those who were playing legitimately suffer do to it as well.

They should just reverse the outcome of the war and give the affected alliance the win and points, depending on the nature of the vilolation and number of them they should get rid of the person or persons who are doing it, hint at who it is doing by a private message to the leader or an email.

Then they should lower the cheating ones multplier, deduct points from them for each win that they got caught at the end of the season and lower their rewards instead of giving them the option of making the ground back up and only losing some of the rewards they may have received.
  • Options
    HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    R4GE wrote: »
    Hey All,

Actually, those alliances weren't punished at all. You knocked them down and forced them to fight lower alliances. Alliances like mine who were pushed out of a tier because of it were the ones who were eventually punished....you know, the ones who had nothing to do with it.
    @Kabam Miike this is the question that I hear from a lot of people. Has it been answered?