**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is a four star Corvus worth 1000 units to awaken?

I figure Corvus will likely go for 4 million in the upcoming basic arena. I’ll be gone 2 days this weekend and will need to spend about 1000 units on refreshes to earn him (and can easily grind him again during the week without units). The question is - is he worth it awakened? I currently have a four star 5/50 Medusa at sig 99, a 4/40 Hyperion at sig 10, Proxima at sig 1 and unduped Drax, Hela, and Angela. He has a lot of hype right now for his damage but haven’t heard much about his awakened ability.

Is a four star Corvus worth 1000 units to awaken? 123 votes

Yes. He is definitely worth the investment to awaken.
16%
winterthurAxeCopFireAsukiraadqqedfyvrTeam_SlyZzzBlackSaChiIron_SkywalkerMelkerlannerojilanibuxXxLoganTDCxXEnderDraco58GhostboytjieXxOriginalxXsickboy9Rehan010_Blizzard_27_SquaredudeMrBanksthebeefyguy123 20 votes
No way. Not worth the units just to awaken
83%
TacoScottyVdh2008BigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerDeeparviDrZolaHaji_Saabsfu_koraxGeshioallinashesDaredevi1Fan7DrownedGodTthunder2058Anurag1606MagrailothosBajjsbwuqjwSungjnameplasmyPUNCAKEMrgreen 103 votes

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Awakening just give him immortality while he has glaive charges. Useful for survivability sure, but offensive wise is not going to change much
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Yeah true, though you are most likely to end the fight before that point anyway haha, unless you in lol
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    He won't go for 4 million, he was only 3 million first time round
  • Options
    Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    Just grind for him. Get units and gold instead of spending units. Spend em on cores for your masteries
  • Options
    Tanz0rTanz0r Posts: 33
    The_One wrote: »

what? he has never been in basic arena
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Tanz0r wrote: »
    The_One wrote: »

what? he has never been in basic arena

Yeah, my mistake.
    I read one thing and my brain thought another
  • Options
    FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    edited October 2018
    Awakening just give him immortality while he has glaive charges. Useful for survivability sure, but offensive wise is not going to change much

People keep saying this

His sig doesn't impact his damage, true, but it allows him to take nodes and champions he can't otherwise take while he has Glaive charges. Nodes where he loses 100% of his health in 60 seconds like Poison or Degeneration, or Aspect of Nightmare even when he is below 50% health

For instance--on our last day of AQ we had the Degeneration link up to Kingpin because the ally supposed to take it fell asleep out of exhaustion. I went in with Corvus and he was immediately assailed by the degen, rapidly bringing him down to 1%. But he kept fighting as he still has Glaive charges

I managed to take 85% hp off Kingpin before running out of charges, after which Corvus died

His sig also allows him to take lethal blows at a cost of 4 charges or 2 charges on parry. He lasts longer than he usually would in long fights
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Yes. He is definitely worth the investment to awaken.
    Having all your champs duped will give them silver stars (which looks better than gold stars) and you get the full character. Awakening them is like DLC. It will make him a bit stronger