**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Doctor Strange pre-nerf

I'm a fairly new player (been playing for 1 year) so i wasn't around during the infamous 12.0 patch. I know Thor was a beast then because of his armor breaks and damage, so was Switch because of her stun probability. The thing is, I keep hearing that Strange was hit hard with the nerf hammer. How was he before the nerf? What made him special? And what exactly did they nerf about him? Would be happy with some opinions and answers from the vets.

Comments

• SperaSpera Posts: 152
    He switches blessings faster + his life steal was a % of the damage dealt
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    The life steal was a big part of it. He was arguably the best regen champ pre 12.0. I also remember him hitting harder during his fury buff.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Basically all his buffs have been watered down, his life steal drastically reduced, his power gain and blessing switch are now both much slower
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Every single thing was nerfed.... he was the best champion in the whole game. I used to take linked bosses in AW tier 1 with DS ... I used him even for OG Spidey... if he died for some reason, all you had to do was use lvl 1 revive for 350 hp and he would be full hp by the end of next fight ... He was OP, no doubt ..

Agreed. People forget he was nerfed a couple of different times well before 12.0 was ever a thing. They nerfed his regen twice before then, and they changed all of his attacks to energy based attacks which killed his effectiveness in AW (ultron was the typical boss in those days).

He also got a nerf from the leadership synergy nerf as well. DS has been hit a bunch of times over the years.

He use to be so godly it was laughable. I beat the entire RoL with a 4/40 DS and no parry or MD mastery.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Just another way to stop your advancement in the game, then you need to find a new beast of a player that will be nerfed again.. 7* late next year..enjoy
  • I think he s still good with some synergy bonus. exp: https://youtu.be/No8LaF82J_g
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    edited January 2019
    It’s funny they made the nerfs of Thor DS and SW because they were too good and wanted ppl to use more champs

AND THEN THEY MADE BLADE... which was 30 blade avatars if looked at an alliance (26-29) for the few not to get him..

Now... the contest has repeated the same thing they didn’t want which is a trio of super super godly champs
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Yeah they absolutely ruined Dr. Strange. Hello Sym Supreme!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 wrote: »
    Thor Bw and Sw are still good poor strange 😔

Honestly BW is more of a niche champ now. Thor was nerfed way too hard originally but after the uproar they went back and let him stack two armor breaks. They fixed Strange a little also. Right after the nerf his armor phase was essentially irrelevant. They made it better and gave him a little more regen as I recall. Not enough to make him good.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I wonder if they're still "collecting data" on him to see if they nerfed him too hard?
    I'd say he's easily in the top 1 champs that got rank down tickets from 12.0
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Pre-Nerf DS will be awesome if he’s reintroduced.
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    Pre-nerf DS was absurdly overpowered, but so is Ghost. They just need to make a few buffs to his abilities to make him good again, not OP. Maybe as good as symbiote supreme. He needs a little bit more healing, a better cycling and slightly more power gain. Also he needs a few alterations to make him a more modern champion, for example some kind of power Control. Dr Strange was never a damage dealer but he was the utility god back then. He just needs to have new utilities to be great again. Doctor strange does know a lot of spells ;)
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Who here remembers when they changed his moveset middle of aq and aw ?

"Oh YeAh wE fOrGOt To tElL yOu".
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Essentially, think sym supreme with op regen instead of bleed. I think that about sums him up.
  • Back then, there was not so much content and champions. The devs felt that it would "kill" the game if he was not nerfed.
    Now with the current state of the game, i feel that he was over-nerfed.
    Hope they'll consider buffing him a little or at least release a 5 star...
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I think all 3 can deservedly get a bump. Update them and release them as fgmcs everyone wins.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    12.0 update made me rage quit. Sold all my champs and quit for 18 months. I came back to new champs who are every bit as OP as the massively nerfed champs back then. Thor SW Strange BW are all complete trash now. Would not want any of them if if they were 200 sig 6* champs.

Strange and Thor were hit the hardest. Thor was the best one shot champ in the game, but he was useless against stun immunity. Now useless against everything. Strange was great, but he is the most nerfed champ ever. They nerfed him at least 4 times. BW is complete trash now compared to new champs. SW is decent at best. She was a beast machine, best in the game. She destroyed everything with a crit team.

Let's not forget SL was nerfed too. He hit even harder than he does now, and had no cap on his streak.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    He had great regen, faster cycles, and better fury. He did alot of work as a 3/30 4 star.