**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Lets talk T2A

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
So folks, i am new to a platinum 2 alliance and yes i have seen more T2A than i did before in my gold 1 alliance.

However, i look at the people around me and slightly below me and its painfully obvious that if you are not spending on these offers, or running map 6 and placing top 90 and up in AQ, then this gap will continue to grow. (or explore the lab)

I dont feel like exploring the lab, ive done 3 paths and i only have r5 hyperion. i will finish it one day, but my question is how can i get more t2a? i dont understand lol i have 5 r4 5* and one r5.

What am i missing?? Some folks in my alliance have two r5s, 5-6 R4s and are sitting out 10 t2a lol

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    I’ve found gold 1 to be better for t2a for me. It costs me no potions to run war and I buy at least 7200 shards a week with glory. It’s a lot less stressful and the rewards end up close to the same. With the labs and extra stuff this month I got almost 4 alpha. If you have a alliance at around 7500 prestige you should be getting a lot more alpha than before. It’s still short but it’s definitely better than it was.

I would agree. T2A is becoming more available than before. Glory is a good place to get it if you don't need anything else. I R4'd KM about a month ago and it took me 6 months to get 4 T2A for that. Now i have 3 full and about 10k from my 4th. Its getting better but theres no way to compete with map 6x6 and masters/plat 1 allys. More map 6 crystals and better overall rewards.
  • dfmoore26dfmoore26 Posts: 94
    I think that they should open up a T2A arena like they do with the T1A. Other difficult to obtain rank up materials can be found in the arena (T4B, T1A, T4CC), although they do require a small grind to obtain.

Now obviously the rewards would have to be reworked. In one week, you are able to obtain approximately 1/3-1/2 of the material needed to take a 5* R3 to R4 (3 T1A and 2 T4B) from the two day arenas. I think that they could do a similar thing for the T2A but stretch it out for a slightly longer period.

Breakdown like this:
    1 million points: 9,000 T2A shards
    2 million points: 9,000 T2A Shards

And then whatever smaller rewards for the lower point levels. You could grind out 2 extra T2A per month if you choose.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I buy at least 2k T2A shards a week with glory + 4000 more for top 250 every AQ + event quest + daily event stuff (labs, trials, ect) I'm probably getting almost 2 t2A every month.

This doesn't include war season rewards either.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    So folks, i am new to a platinum 2 alliance and yes i have seen more T2A than i did before in my gold 1 alliance.

However, i look at the people around me and slightly below me and its painfully obvious that if you are not spending on these offers, or running map 6 and placing top 90 and up in AQ, then this gap will continue to grow. (or explore the lab)

I dont feel like exploring the lab, ive done 3 paths and i only have r5 hyperion. i will finish it one day, but my question is how can i get more t2a? i dont understand lol i have 5 r4 5* and one r5.

What am i missing?? Some folks in my alliance have two r5s, 5-6 R4s and are sitting out 10 t2a lol

Exploring LOL gives 12 T2ACs. If you've already done that best way to build T2AC is through AQ glory and AQ Map 6 crystals and rank rewards.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Yeah and these offers for 1 t2a for 10k units or roughly 3.xxx odins is not acceptable
  • InkvajtInkvajt Posts: 92
    Im also sad about Avaiability of T2Alphas, im not mega grinder, im sitting in 6,5m - silver 1 aliance, because im loyal player in love to play with my members. We are Czech & Slovakia dedicated aliance. Since we got like 2200 Glory per week for AQ, than i have no idea where i can obtain T2A, i did uncollected. This month every event , but im not to good to do Epic LAB for T2A shards. I have now 5r4 GP, 5r3 DV dupe and rest of are 4r5 and lower ranks. I will try complete ACT5. Im totaly not able to do LOL. Now i have completed ACT4 100%, Uncollected , RotL, ROL.
    Any idea to get T2Alphas without leaving my alliance?
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★
    I agree with the T2A arena. It doesn't have to give complete Crystals but at least a fair amount of shards.

I also find AQ helpful as it gives u a lot of glory pts
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    As i said in another thread, 100% the monthly UC EQ should give 1 full t2a, instead of less than half between uc and master.

UC gives 2500 6* shards, so every 4 months you can get a 6*, which is on par with a r4 5*. Yet it takes more than 8 months of UC to get the required 4 t2a to r4 a 5*, not to mention all of the rest of the stuff required.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    dfmoore26 wrote: »
    I think that they should open up a T2A arena like they do with the T1A. Other difficult to obtain rank up materials can be found in the arena (T4B, T1A, T4CC), although they do require a small grind to obtain.

Now obviously the rewards would have to be reworked. In one week, you are able to obtain approximately 1/3-1/2 of the material needed to take a 5* R3 to R4 (3 T1A and 2 T4B) from the two day arenas. I think that they could do a similar thing for the T2A but stretch it out for a slightly longer period.

Breakdown like this:

And then whatever smaller rewards for the lower point levels. You could grind out 2 extra T2A per month if you choose.

I agree this could possibly help the shortage of t2a. Not a bad idea
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

I think what you're missing is that no matter what the devs do, the players playing more than you, spending more than you, and doing harder content than you will gain more rewards than you, and that gap will always grow because it has to logically.

There are always ways to get more, and there are always ways for the developers to create more ways to get more. But the gap that you seem to be concerned about won't change unless you do more, regardless of what the game does. You need to be happy with the progress you make, relative to the effort you're willing to put in. Or you need to compete against the players at the leve you want to be in, no matter what that requires.
    dfmoore26 wrote: »

Breakdown like this:

I agree this could possibly help the shortage of t2a. Not a bad idea

It will accelerate the introduction of T5CC, which would be astronomically hard for anyone except the top players to obtain, which would create a much larger performance gap between the top players and everyone else.

There is a constant in progressional games like this, and that is that there is and will always be a tiering of pursuit rewards - the things players have to grind for. Right now, at the top are T2A and T5B. Any significant increase in the availability of T2A would throw of that tiering: there wouldn't be any significant bottleneck below T5B that was high enough to generate the right tiering. So the next move Kabam would make would be to actually *increase* the availability of T5B which would look like a great thing, and then introduce T5CC at an even more constrained level than T5B is now.

This has happened before, more than once. Opening the floodgates on T4CC and increasing the availability of 5* fragments *forced* - and I use the word literally - the introduction of T5B and 6* champions. There will always be something at the top that is very hard to get, and something just below that is pretty hard to get. And over time those things will get easier to get, paving the way for the next tier above. You can accelerate the process, but you cannot change it.
    @DNA3000
    Very insightful my friend!
    Yes, i prob didnt spend my glory wisely in the past.
    And need to realize that yes, the more you put in, the more you get back!
    Whats your ign @DNA3000
    hehe
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 I would like to hope that there is some sort of master plan for the in-game economy. My faith that there is one is probably a lot shakier.

From a pure developer’s standpoint, there may be a lot of logic in the maintenance of rigid progression chokepoints. But the ultimate value of such an approach is whether—and how—it affects customer behavior.

Dr. Zola
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Everything @DNA3000 said i basically agree with.

However, again, you can get a 6* every 4 months by doing nothing more than 100% the monthly UC EQ.

Doing that exact same same thing gets less than half a t2a, which means it will take over 8 months to get the required t2a to r4 a 5*, not to mention the rest of the reagents.

r1 6* ~= r4 5*, however the acquisition of the two is not on par. That is why i said 100% UC should amount to enough shards to create a full t2a.
    DrZola wrote: »
    @DNA3000 I would like to hope that there is some sort of master plan for the in-game economy. My faith that there is one is probably a lot shakier.

From a pure developer’s standpoint, there may be a lot of logic in the maintenance of rigid progression chokepoints. But the ultimate value of such an approach is whether—and how—it affects customer behavior.

Dr. Zola

Well, one I wouldn't say there are very rigid progression choke points. The fact that you can progress extremely far playing pure F2P is proof of that. And the other thing is that while this game has a reward system, it doesn't really have an in-game "economy" the way that term is usually used. It has "currency" to be sure, but the currency in MCOC isn't part of a true economy, at best in some cases it functions like mini-progressional trees.

I doubt there's a "master plan" in the way I think you're thinking. Such things seem to be rare in general. Even in a game like Eve Online that actually has for-real economists on staff, there isn't a plan, the economy is presumed to be under the ultimate control of the activities of the players, within certain acceptable parameters. Which, incidentally, is part of the reason why I say MCOC doesn't have a true "economy" - economies are influenced by and ultimately under the control of its participants. But in MCOC there's nothing we as players can do to affect the status of any of the in-game "currencies" or "markets" for those currencies. In game design parlance, the game has "currency sinks" but not really true "marketplaces."
    Gmonkey wrote: »
    Yep get 6 star more frequent than 4/55.
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Everything @DNA3000 said i basically agree with.

However, again, you can get a 6* every 4 months by doing nothing more than 100% the monthly UC EQ.

Doing that exact same same thing gets less than half a t2a, which means it will take over 8 months to get the required t2a to r4 a 5*, not to mention the rest of the reagents.

r1 6* ~= r4 5*, however the acquisition of the two is not on par. That is why i said 100% UC should amount to enough shards to create a full t2a.

A while back I posted a related thought: that people saying 4* champs are now redundant with the introduction of 6* champs had it completely wrong: it is 5* champs that are becoming redundant in the long term with the introduction of 6* champs. Because 6* champs give you in effect an instant 4/55 with virtually no real bottlenecks. And that means the most valuable thing you can get when you open a 5* crystal is 6* shards from a dup. Even if every single 5* crystal you open is a "god-tier" champ after just a few of those you outpace your ability to rank them up to 4/55, and a 3/45 5* god tier champ is not really all that much stronger than the equivalent 5/50 version of that champ.

That means 4* 5/50s are still relevant because they are easier to rank up than 3/45s, and 6* champs are relevant because they can immediately rank to the equivalent of 4/55, and it is actually 5* champs that have a very unusual and limited place in the progression of the game.

I'm pretty sure Kabam knows this, which is precisely *why* 6* champs start off at the equivalent of 4/55 power. They are trying to avoid the prior problem of 5* champs overlapping 4* champs too much, and make that progressional problem a one-time problem. But it does create the oddity with 5* rank ups. What I don't know is whether it is worth it to fix that problem or let the game's long term progression eventually moot the problem.