**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Act 5.1.1 IS IMPOSSIBLE

MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
edited November 2018 in Strategy and Tips
So I recently beat Act 4 with ease with these champions:

5* Cap IW 2/35
4* Stark Spidey 4/40
4* Wolverine (Sig 20) 4/40
4* Nebula (Sig 20) 4/40
4* DD Classic (Sig 30) 4/40

I tried to start act 5, but the degeneration nodes on everyone in 5.1.1 slows me down and kills all my champions early on. Help?

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Make sure you always have class advantage and it only takes 50% of your health.

Edit: just play fast and don’t mess up.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Make sure you always have class advantage and it only takes 50% of your health.

So If I have the class advantage I will only lose 50% health over time...?
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    One I would rank up one of those 4/40s to 5/50. After that just play aggressive. That flare node is made to make you play aggressive. You should be able to clear 3-4 defenders with each champ on your team. Play aggressive and don’t take damage other than flare.
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    If 5.1.1 is too difficult for you with that roster, you simply aren’t ready for it. Either practice the first fight over and over until you are comfortable with the global node (flare I think?) or grind more until you are able to rank up your champs.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    ... I explored 5.1 with an worse roster.

go youtube watch some vids to better ur intercept/play style. the degen node is easily counterable by regen/class advantage champs, high enough damage helps. gotta use Wolvie and Sparky to their highest potential for this, is not that hard tbh.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    5.1.1 is easy
    Choose regen champs and high damage champs of different classes and try to get a class advantage.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    The only way I made it through act 5 was by days of trial and error, just keep trying until you reach a certain point, exit, wait for your energy to refill, and repeat. Eventually you’ll learn how to play around the nodes and champs. Trust me, one day you’ll go back in with 5/50s and realise how easy it is compared to the rest of Act 5.
  • MrBanks wrote: »
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    You changed the title from “help with act 5.1.1” to “act 5.1.1 is IMPOSSIBLE” just to get clicks. Definition of clickbait. It’s not hard. If you can’t do it, do master eq until you can.

Congrats, you identified clickbait. And it made you rethink and reply with your help. So, I win lol

Wait isent your best guy 5 star Captain America Infinity War? Shouldent that be your profile pic?
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Explore act 4 first then. That's what I did then went uncollected with a team of 3/45, 5/50's and a 4/55 by the time I got to collector
  • Bdavis_2017Bdavis_2017 Posts: 245
    Most people became uncollected with 4/40 champs, you’re just not good enough I guess
  • JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Posts: 159 ★★
    Regen champs or potion up. #GetGood
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    you just lack skill, i still had mostly r3s when i beat act 4. honestly my hardest fight so far was in 5.2.4 with punisher. could never beat him
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    VulcanM wrote: »
    you just lack skill, i still had mostly r3s when i beat act 4. honestly my hardest fight so far was in 5.2.4 with punisher. could never beat him

i think i had one r4 dr strange when i beat act 4.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    you find that hard lol wait until you fight the collector good luck
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    It's story mode, take it easy.

Level up your champs more and then come back. I got my butt kicked when I initially tried it, then I worked on leveling up champs for couple of months, went back with some 3/45 and 5/50 champs and completed uncollected in 3 days. Good luck, it gets easier once you gain experience and level up champs a bit more.
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Not impossible, difficult? Definitely. Holding combos, baiting and evading specials as well as consistent parries and intercepts are the key to overcoming act 5 in general. Skill up in master mode then come back 👍🏻
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    The point everyone is trying to get across is that its definitely not impossible. Your wolverine alone, if you play well, you can get through 5.1.1 no problem. You might need some potions for sure, but its nothing you can't grind.
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    I was able to complete 5.1.1. with a Rogue. You have a Wolverine. You can definitely do it. Just focus on parry, 5 hit combo, parry, 5 hit combo, bait special, intercept after the special. And repeat.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    MrBanks wrote: »
    So I recently beat Act 4 with ease with these champions:

5* Cap IW 2/35
    4* Stark Spidey 4/40
    4* Wolverine (Sig 20) 4/40
    4* Nebula (Sig 20) 4/40
    4* DD Classic (Sig 30) 4/40

I tried to start act 5, but the degeneration nodes on everyone in 5.1.1 slows me down and kills all my champions early on. Help?

Too many guys are jumping you without helping. Here's some advice:
    1) it doesn't matter that someone else can do stuff with 3 stars or 4/40s. If you can't, come back with 5/50s. The difference in health and attack is greater than jacking potions.
    2) 3/45 that cap and 5/50 wolvie and sparky. Wolvie will be your path cleaner and save you potions. Find a blade for that sparky, 3 poises to start cuts time.
    3) hang on to nebula. She'll be real handy in 5.4.6 ultron boss. Otherwise if she's your only double immune get her to 5/50 too.
    4) 100% act 4 and tighten up your fighting game. You'll need at some point a heavy damage champ, like AA, hype, medusa, corvus, yondu plus power control like vision, magik, dorm. They'll shorten fights so the degen and other fun stuff you'll run into won't outright kill you.

I'm currently exploring 5.4. I 100%ed 5.1 so long ago i forgot what its about, so apologies for general advice. Good luck.

That´s actually helpful input. Kudos to you for keeping it constructive!
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    5.1.1 is the only part of act 5 that I have 100% explored. Wait till you get to 5.2.4!!!

wait till 5.3 or 5.4.....

unfortunately dud if you cant do it the answer is simple. spend some time getting resource and rank up your champs and it will then be easier.
    or practive running it over and over. eventually you will no longer struggle with it...