**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I’ve noticed a crystal rolling pattern and why it’s rigged

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
I tried rolling at least 40 of these the champion crystals over the last 2 days or so to see what happens.

I’ve noticed that 35/40 roughly were 3 stars which isn’t surprising, but I noticed that in 30/40 cases after the roll, the champ to the right of the 3* I got was a 5*

Odd isn’t it. I think it’s Kabams physiological way of saying to us. You are close. Roll again.

Comments

• AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    The only pattern I've noticed is within the entire alliance and myself. Whenever a champion is n the arena there's a higher chance of pulling that champion.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    So what happens when you do another 40 and results are different and they dont land next to a 5*?
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    There is no pattern. All chance
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    The outcome is generated the second you place the Crystal. The reel is just a computer-generated list of some of the possible outcomes. It doesn't actually roll through and stop on anything. The RNG generates a Champ from the parameters instantaneously.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    someones catching on.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Actually op is right. I saw a post by a dataminer from quite a while ago (I think it was @Otriux ?) that said there is a randomizer for images of champs that you "could have gotten". While I do believe that the actual drop rates are legitimate, the "could have" randomizer might have a completely different rng that makes it seem like there are more good champs that you could have pulled.
    edited November 2018
    That's literally any Champ available that the randomizer chooses from. It's the same thing I said. It's just a list of random possibilities and doesn't reflect the actual outcome at all. There's no great conspiracy. It's just a visual effect.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    If for no reason other than putting an end to these posts, I would be in favor of removing the crystal spinning animation completely and replacing it with something different that doesn’t cycle through the champs who are “in” the crystal—maybe just a series of explosions, or the Collector rubbing his chin before the champ pops out. There’s really no reason to have the spinning mechanic.

Dr. Zola

Except to entice u to open more crystals because the reel makes u believe u just barely missed that 5* god tier
    chunkyb wrote: »
    The scroll matters. Sorry to be that guy, but it does lol

It doesn't matter at all, actually. It's not a reflection of the outcome at all.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    That's literally any Champ available that the randomizer chooses from. It's the same thing I said. It's just a list of random possibilities and doesn't reflect the actual outcome at all. There's no great conspiracy. It's just a visual effect.

Wrong. The two "misses" are random in who they'll be but they are coded to be top prizes. It is not a random coincidence that there is almost always a 4* or 5* as a miss in GMCs.

Wrong. The two "misses" are random in who they'll be but they are coded to be top prizes. It is not a random coincidence that there is almost always a 4* or 5* as a miss in GMCs.
    They're included because you wouldn't see them if the roll was a reflection of the actual drop rates. There isn't enough time in the reel. The roll is just a visual effect, and the outcome is already determined when you place it to spin. Whether it's coded to include the Top Prize in that or not is really inconsequential. The reel doesn't have anything to do with the outcome whatsoever.
  • Here's the thing tho, the scroll matters.
  • Hamin wrote: »
    bs9j7cy2okex.jpg

Haha that's glorious
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I’ve noticed a crystal rolling pattern as well - it sucks. at least for me
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Please stop being wrong. The champion is determined when the crystal is opened or told to stop while in the reel, the simple act of placing a crystal in the spinner does not trigger an opening or determine the champion you’ll obtain; for no other reason than that would be idiotic as people could place a crystal in the reel and sniff out who the champion was before the crsytal is consumed then force close the app until they had a favorable drop.

Read the OP again, try to understand it. He is saying the end of the reel is predetermined to show high value champions as near misses as the ending animation which is likely the case. is it nefarious? Who F’n cares, it’s done to create excitment and emotion, you know the reasons people game in thre first place.
    Does it matter if it's when you place it or click it? The point I'm making is the reel has no bearing on it.
    As for the predetermined near-misses, that's just a bit ot conspiracy, as far as I'm concerned.
  • But the scroll actually does matter.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Old news. It’s been explained before. It is set at crystal opening. Where you stop the spin has no bearing. Per the people that make the game. Not everyone’s opinion.
    chunkyb wrote: »
    But the scroll actually does matter.

How exactly does it matter?
This discussion has been closed.