**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Very disappointed from variant difficulty

Comments

• Options
    Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
    Not even 10% I guess only 2% players are able to do it and till now only one has managed to complete the variant difficulty who is Brian grant
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    seriously people...
    this content is in the same boat as LOL....
    you come along knowing you cant do LOL for quite some time...
    this is the same....
    simple as that....
  • Options
    godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    art1cw0lf wrote: »
    Well is very simple this whole thing is made for players that had, are and will spend a lot of money passing it. Don’t deny something like this. My team is very low, around 200k witch means I have to wait a couple of years to finish it.That’s not fair gentlemen.
    I think the game is made for everybody not just only for the LEGENDS or high end players.
    There will be around 10% of the players that will pass it. What about the other 90%? Not fair.
    Why not making a master difficulty with decent rewards? Ahhh wait low tier players don’t spend money like the others. Fair enough?
    Are we the low tier players gonna get a playable ‘variant’ content? Are we ? Hmm I guess not.

I guess you have not read any of the other posts or comments about this wolf but variant is for end game players
    my rating is pretty much double yours I'm not ready to complete it. I still have act 3 and 4 of act 5 rttl and rol (time it takes more than difficulty or rosta) and lol to complete have you done all of that ?? then maybe you need to do variant

:)
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    art1cw0lf wrote: »
    Well is very simple this whole thing is made for players that had, are and will spend a lot of money passing it. Don’t deny something like this. My team is very low, around 200k witch means I have to wait a couple of years to finish it.That’s not fair gentlemen.
    I think the game is made for everybody not just only for the LEGENDS or high end players.
    There will be around 10% of the players that will pass it. What about the other 90%? Not fair.
    Why not making a master difficulty with decent rewards? Ahhh wait low tier players don’t spend money like the others. Fair enough?
    Are we the low tier players gonna get a playable ‘variant’ content? Are we ? Hmm I guess not.

Are also complaining that you cant do LoL? Focus on the quests you can do. If you arent uncollected yet, you have no business even trying variant mode or complaining about the difficulty. You have so much content at your level as is.
  • Options
    Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    King363672 wrote: »
    Do something atleast more than 50% player can complete

So, you are asking Kabam to only put out content you can beat? Lol... Just stop kid...

Lmao!.... as a game developer or a company that wants to make money don't you think it would make sense to introduce content for the masses rather than the few?. Do you understand how customer loyalty and mass appeal work?... i'm not sure why all of you people crapping on this guy can't understand how a player would want content made for that players level.

There is already so much content for mid tier players. Uncollected, act 5, hell at this point if you get the right champ LoL isn't that bad. This is PERMANENT content. It isn't going anywhere, so they can make it as hard as they want. Everyone will get those rewards, just maybe not at this very moment. This content is designed to fill a gap in endgame content. There is already plenty of mid tier content.
  • Options
    ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    Providing a tough and enjoyable content is a good thing but this level difficulty is insane . There are so many action games with good fights and story and popular than this but no one give this type of difficulty it's really insane totally a money grab thing . All players are not end game players or highly skilled even a highly skilled cannot complete this . I think only 8-10% player base can complete this difficulty with the power of money . Developer should think about this give difficulty that atleast 50% players base can clear that . providing only hard content is not so good thing .it should be fun . Providing hard content is not creative .
    Boss with health more than 400k and attack 17k is really a lazy thought . Do something atleast more than 50% player can complete . Every time I see something new it's only about high difficulty ,high difficulty and high difficulty. And stupid will say they informed . Informing doesn't mean they can do anything .
    Let's place a boss with health 700k and attack 50k and informed that it's tough .it's wrong .

sorry you feel that way.
    im enjoying it for what is worth. i hit arenas for units. i have the roster but not the money, never the less, ill put up some cash for this content . this is not for everyone. its been said time and time again. im half way there. learned from all the mistakes seatin has done already lol.. great times.
  • Options
    I’ve really enjoyed these new quests so far. At first I thought it’s a bit of a money grab but once you work out how to do each fight and what champs to use it’s ok. It’s definitely aimed at those with big rosters to choose from to get the right utility. Got 4 down, 5 to go.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    This is funny. OP you need to understand they mentioned this would be hard, not meant for everyone to clear. Hell its not even meant for some end game players to clear. If you want something 50% of the player base to enjoy go to uncollected, that’s meant for 50% of the players.

I did my initial run of chapter 1, no revives no units spent. I’m not a whale, nor am I god. I play patient and smart. I also have made 3 runs of the 2nd quest in chapter 1. This one seems the easiest and will most likely 100% this one by the end of the weekend. Take your time, find the easy paths then clear. It’s a permanent feature no need to rush through it. I haven’t even used an energy refill yet, by this time I would have used 7-8 if this was EQ
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    There should be a mode that is slightly less difficult than the current variant so beginners have a realistic goal. If people like myself who have been playing since day 1 but don't like pulling out their 5 star wallet out for stuff like this every fight then this other difficulty would appeal to the average yet high rated player and the beginners who as I have said can actually make their way up to this one.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Providing a tough and enjoyable content is a good thing but this level difficulty is insane . There are so many action games with good fights and story and popular than this but no one give this type of difficulty it's really insane totally a money grab thing . All players are not end game players or highly skilled even a highly skilled cannot complete this . I think only 8-10% player base can complete this difficulty with the power of money . Developer should think about this give difficulty that atleast 50% players base can clear that . providing only hard content is not so good thing .it should be fun . Providing hard content is not creative .
    Boss with health more than 400k and attack 17k is really a lazy thought . Do something atleast more than 50% player can complete . Every time I see something new it's only about high difficulty ,high difficulty and high difficulty. And stupid will say they informed . Informing doesn't mean they can do anything .
    Let's place a boss with health 700k and attack 50k and informed that it's tough .it's wrong .

Build your roster and get better at the game. This difficulty is meant to be very tough. Some of the best players are finding it tough and you can see it on youtube. If you aren't ready, clear the parts you can and work towards the rest. The event isn't going anywhere anytime soon so you have plenty of time to build up too it.

Since I’ve completed and not explored the variant quest I’ll say that no amount of roster building or skill will matter for sections of it. I’ve got 4 r5 champs and a big roster for reference. There was very little thought to fun when they made this. It’s an insert coin quest. They force you to use poor champs against opponents on nodes that help ensure multiple deaths.

This is a game. It’s supposed to be fun. The quest has nothing to do with roster or skill. It’s about spending.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I’ve really enjoyed these new quests so far. At first I thought it’s a bit of a money grab but once you work out how to do each fight and what champs to use it’s ok. It’s definitely aimed at those with big rosters to choose from to get the right utility. Got 4 down, 5 to go.

It's about to get really hard for you haha. 2.2 and 2.3 bosses are insane.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Blah-Blah-Blah... this is too hard ...Blah-Blah-Blah... My champions are too little & I die too much... Blah-Blah-Blah... my Wallet hurts... Blah-Blah-Blah... :(

Blah blah blah . . . I'm only here to mock people to make myself feel good . . . blah blah blah . . .
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Haven’t seen many players who’ve said the content is intended to be endgame level acknowledge the content’s bugs. Some of the harder fights remind me of difficult boss fights from other fighting games like Igniz (KOF 2001) and Shin Akuma/Serious Mr. Karate (SNK VS Capcom). Hard as those fights were, they didn’t have bugs.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I am fine with MCOC having this super hard level, but my issue is that there level of difficulty between classic and variant are so wide that neither one appeals to me, which is disappointing. Classic is way too easy (and the rewards so not worth it), and Variant -- for me -- is beyond hard for at least the next year or so, if not longer. I wish there was a challenging middle ground where I could also play.
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    I agree, the content is a bit too hard for the rewards...chapter 1 is freaking insane. It's just dumb having champ limitations because you can't bring in strategic teams to counter the champs/nodes. Dunno if I will ever do this lol.
  • Options
    MrMaat wrote: »
    seriously people...
    this content is in the same boat as LOL....
    you come along knowing you cant do LOL for quite some time...
    this is the same....
    simple as that....

It's way harder than LOL. LOL doesn't limit ur tean... how the hell am i going to get past the cosmic part where I haven't been blessed with any decent cosmic champs by kabam? I have 60 5* and 5 6* and played for 2 years.
  • Options
    I am fine with MCOC having this super hard level, but my issue is that there level of difficulty between classic and variant are so wide that neither one appeals to me, which is disappointing. Classic is way too easy (and the rewards so not worth it), and Variant -- for me -- is beyond hard for at least the next year or so, if not longer. I wish there was a challenging middle ground where I could also play.

I totallllllyyy agree. I dunno what the point of classic is or who would be interested in it. There should have been a 3rd level of difficulty in between the two.
  • Options
    Anderson1934Anderson1934 Posts: 12
    Me personally not gonna rampant about this and not go wine I’ve been playing along time seen Kabam good and bad mistake but this is by far the worst idea to rush this content into this game I think it needs to be reworked very quickly and give some thought on the content it’s not fair at all and I mean no disrespect to the game team but this content very well needs some improvements and adjustments it’s here to stay so it wouldn’t hurt to take a look at it Kabam we want a clean version of this content not a rush rush content.
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Remember that labyrinth was too hard for the rewards at the time...and yet these days its not too bad. Hard content that permanent is going to be much harder than temporary hard content as for this quest you can build your roster over time to eventually be able to do it
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Having made my first pass, yeah, the rewards aren't in line with the difficulty. The rewards aren't great, but I guess they aren't meant to be, since you really need some solid r4's and r5's to complete it, so the rank ups from r2->r3 are really pointless other than accelerating a brand new champ up quickly.
  • Options
    VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    No one can play this for years and years .

I wish I had known this years ago when I started playing.

same
  • Options
    I have played injustice , shadow fight and many other games they all have hard content but were fun .the difficulty they are providing is depressing . The games are made in a way so players enjoy them and win .not like this waiting for years to get roster and fighting for months to win this too much . I am sure thousand of players had leave this game without completing it's story mode this is very bad . Those who can complete this will defend developer's but this is wrong really wrong . No one can play this for years and years . Youtuber are playing because they getting benefit . Most players just leave

1st. if you keep going an endure the challenges your roster grows really quickly.
    2nd. only the people who expect to have an easy time leave the game
    3rd. alot of people have played for years
    4th.youtubers play because they enjoy the game, but they do also get payed. if they wanted to play a game only for the money they would play a more well known game for the most views possible.
  • Options
    NanoDroidNanoDroid Posts: 48
    The event is meant for whales bub
  • Options
    Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    There are a lot of summoners who have been asking for something like this since they have 100% act 5 and 100% LoL. As proof with the Youtubers who are finding it difficult, they are also enjoying this. It is a test of their skill in the game. I personally know I won't stand a chance due to a limited roster of required champs(skill&mutant) needed to tackle this quest plus I have not 100% act 5 or even opened LoL. See it for what it is, a challenge to rise above.

Classic event is made for newer players to experience the beginning stories of MCOC, it's not all about the mid-tier players. As someone on here said keep tackling master and uncollected EQ if your mid-tier. It also helps to be in an alliance that does 5x5 or even 6x5 to build your account.
  • Options

its specifically meant to cater towards low level players and end game players. although i would also enjoy a mid tier, it was not supposed to be for us. focus on 100% act 4 and completing/exploring act 5, by the time your done you might be ready for it.
This discussion has been closed.