**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Very disappointed from variant difficulty

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'm a summoner that has been playing for over two years and the best I can do is do classic mode.

I feel like they could of up the difficulty of classic mode to ressemble hard or master difficulty.

They should of expected the people that were going to play this event were seasoned players. The rewards are trash and not worth getting.
  • Options
    CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    NiteAndDae wrote: »
    Having made my first pass, yeah, the rewards aren't in line with the difficulty. The rewards aren't great, but I guess they aren't meant to be, since you really need some solid r4's and r5's to complete it, so the rank ups from r2->r3 are really pointless other than accelerating a brand new champ up quickly.

This is an absurd statement. Matt already showed how great the rewards are.
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 ★★★
    This is ridiculous! Kabam has plenty to complain about but this isn’t it. Most everyone is tired of all the unwarranted complaints about this. This event is permanent! You can build up to it. I’m no where near the level to complete it yet but I’m cool with that cause again it’s permanent. No is going to miss out on the rewards so stop complaining if you can’t complete it in the first 24 hours. Even the top tier guys are having a tough time with it. That’s the freakin point!
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    MrMaat wrote: »
    please read my thread.
    it has a breakdown of just how valuble the rewards are and shows why it is as hard as it is.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/638901#Comment_638901

Also please read my post telling people that not every made to be finished

I have...
    100% act v
    100% lol
    100% every uncllected and celeb challenge
    2x Legends title
    Competed in masters/platinum wars

I am literally bored of playing uncollected every month as its very very very very very easy for me to do. In top of 100% heroic and master.

And this new content is challenging for me and my roster and i like it.

The rewards are insane, and some players havent even 100% lol or even did 1 path and think varient quest is entitled to them.

This playerbasr needs to learn and grow and know that not everything will be beatable when it comes out...

RoL was considered very hard and unbearable and so was LoL when both was released....

Imagine 2-3 years from now when people are doing lol 100% with r4/5 6*???????

Imagine 2-3 yearrs from now people doing varient with r4/5 6*

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/106992/remember-not-all-content-is-made-to-be-finish-part-2/p1
  • Options
    MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    It’s permanent end-game content. Meant to be played right before or after LoL.
  • Options
    King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    I saw everyone's opinion . And every one is right from their view lot of people are happy and lot of want some difficulty between classic and variant with some rewards like 4 star awakening gem .
    Now I would like moderators to close this discussion .
    THANK YOU
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    King363672 wrote: »
    Do something atleast more than 50% player can complete

So, you are asking Kabam to only put out content you can beat? Lol... Just stop kid...

Lmao!.... as a game developer or a company that wants to make money don't you think it would make sense to introduce content for the masses rather than the few?. Do you understand how customer loyalty and mass appeal work?... i'm not sure why all of you people crapping on this guy can't understand how a player would want content made for that players level.

There is...for mid players to do

100% act 4
    Monthly events and all difficilties
    Uncollected
    100% act v
    100% rttl,rol
    Lol initial run
    Lol 100%
    Aw seasons based on how good and strong ur roster is.
    Aq being able to compete to a 5x5
    Unlock all your ur masteries

And if u want to reach much higher skill cap

Go for a platinum alliance high aw tier
    Go for a alliance that does map 6

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Providing a tough and enjoyable content is a good thing but this level difficulty is insane . There are so many action games with good fights and story and popular than this but no one give this type of difficulty it's really insane totally a money grab thing . All players are not end game players or highly skilled even a highly skilled cannot complete this . I think only 8-10% player base can complete this difficulty with the power of money . Developer should think about this give difficulty that atleast 50% players base can clear that . providing only hard content is not so good thing .it should be fun . Providing hard content is not creative .
    Boss with health more than 400k and attack 17k is really a lazy thought . Do something atleast more than 50% player can complete . Every time I see something new it's only about high difficulty ,high difficulty and high difficulty. And stupid will say they informed . Informing doesn't mean they can do anything .
    Let's place a boss with health 700k and attack 50k and informed that it's tough .it's wrong .

So you'd be happy if there were nothing in the game for people who want this kind of content... until you are at a stage where you can complete it? If 50% of the player base could complete this quest it would be one more boring chore for a lot of players and the rewards would be far less significant. We have lots of that content already. Eventually if you keep playing this quest will be easy. No one in the game even has a r3 6*. The game progresses. New permanent content should be relevant for a long time, therefore it has to be end game. It'll still be there when you are ready for it. If 50% of the player base could complete it there would be not point in making it permanent. That's why we have EQ and side quests and previous permanent content.

Ok they should provide this type of difficulty and 10%player base will find it great rest will try to do and will be unable to do it and then 70 to 80% will leave

Some will leave regardless. Others will play the content that is already in the game for them and eventually they will beat this quest when they get there. Do you want another Heroic quest this month in addition to EQ which you can then beat once but it will be in the game forever? What is the point in releasing permanent content that everyone can 100% in a day?
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    please read my thread.
    it has a breakdown of just how valuble the rewards are and shows why it is as hard as it is.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/638901#Comment_638901

I have...
    100% act v
    100% lol
    2x Legends title

I am literally bored of playing uncollected every month as its very very very very very easy for me to do. In top of 100% heroic and master.

The rewards are insane, and some players havent even 100% lol or even did 1 path and think varient quest is entitled to them.

This playerbasr needs to learn and grow and know that not everything will be beatable when it comes out...

RoL was considered very hard and unbearable and so was LoL when both was released....

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/106992/remember-not-all-content-is-made-to-be-finish-part-2/p1

Cool, so we'll finally get those classic 5* rank up gems when 5* are as worthless as 4* are now!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    Do something atleast more than 50% player can complete

So, you are asking Kabam to only put out content you can beat? Lol... Just stop kid...

Lmao!.... as a game developer or a company that wants to make money don't you think it would make sense to introduce content for the masses rather than the few?. Do you understand how customer loyalty and mass appeal work?... i'm not sure why all of you people crapping on this guy can't understand how a player would want content made for that players level.

It's not for the few... it's for everyone that gets to that point in the game.
  • Options
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    please read my thread.

I have...
    100% act v
    100% lol
    2x Legends title

Cool, so we'll finally get those classic 5* rank up gems when 5* are as worthless as 4* are now!

When will 5* be useless? I dont see them anytime soon.

It just means you havent put in the time or grind yet, why are the top alliance in aw fighting for t5b?

When t5b in 1-3 years from now will be more available and lessen in value?

Thats because they are worth alot because they are worth it now!!!

I am sure in the future there will be another event like this that will be much harder..

Imagine the players first exploring LoL with 4* sl?

The map was fixed and didnt move and the map was huge at the time and nobody knew how to beat, but for those who completed it got to reap the rewaeds as 5* shards and t2alpha was very very rare and hard to get at the time...

When i first started playing 5* never existed, it took me to mid lv 30’s to get my first 4* and i had to 100% act 3!!!

You go no shards for duping 2/3* and sig abilities never existed!!!

Even with my roster is big enougj to do heavy arena runs and i have abunch of god tier champions and 4x r5 5* and i find the new challenge fun but the rewards if u get them at 100% are game breaking!!

I have
    115+ 4*
    90+ 5*

And im sure alot arent even that close, im also sure not many people have more than 5+ 6*

To say that either means ur roster is bigger than mines
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    please read my thread.

I have...
    100% act v
    100% lol
    2x Legends title

Speak for yourself I was using a 4* in a few of the fights of this variant difficulty.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    people need to chill out a bit.
    I’ve got everything 100% done except LoL that I haven’t touched, (mostly because I’m still practicing the long fights as my only option requires a very niche play style).
    I have 1 5/65, 2 4/55 and 3 6*s.
    But guess what, with a little skill, knowledge about champions with very minor/niche uses (e.g. 6* beast can slow powergain to a crawl) and a few revives that weren’t gonna get used anywhere else this month, I finished the first chapter, why? Because I needed 225 6* shards for crystal number 4.
    Get a grip, stop complaining, you don’t need the biggest and mightiest roster for initial completion (of first chapter atleast), if you truly want this content done then grind out units and practice the fights. Will I go further? Not anytime soon most likely as my mystic and tech options are lacking but that’s fine because it’s PERMANENT CONTENT that rewards the equivalent of 22 T2A and 2+ T5b as well as everything else
  • Options
    peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Content needs to be made for all levels of player progression.

OP, just because everyone would like those rewards doesn't mean they can get it immediately.

It doesn't make sense to call it a cash grab when clearly it was meant for end game players who have the roster and skillset, to have another challenge to face. A cash grab would be even the 5* rank 5 rosters die without any way to counter.

Content in any game is supposed to get harder to keep up with it's target progressed players. You calling it a cash grab makes no sense, just you complaining you have no way to complete it right away.
  • Options
    peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    art1cw0lf wrote: »
    Well is very simple this whole thing is made for players that had, are and will spend a lot of money passing it. Don’t deny something like this. My team is very low, around 200k witch means I have to wait a couple of years to finish it.That’s not fair gentlemen.
    I think the game is made for everybody not just only for the LEGENDS or high end players.
    There will be around 10% of the players that will pass it. What about the other 90%? Not fair.
    Why not making a master difficulty with decent rewards? Ahhh wait low tier players don’t spend money like the others. Fair enough?
    Are we the low tier players gonna get a playable ‘variant’ content? Are we ? Hmm I guess not.

The game's mode isn't catered to you specifically. Fair and unfair isn't decided by if you can complete it right away or not. If you casually play, don't expect to progress as quickly as grinders/spenders. Kabam is targeting content for the late end players this time, and still making it available for future end game players.

This new mode is meant to keep giving content to the end game players, and the fact that it's not time limited makes it something mid tier players eventually can attempt with a high enough skillset/roster breadth.
This discussion has been closed.