Options

Introducing Back Issue #1: Ultron's Assault

11012141516

Comments

  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,320 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    My question is why are all you so called and gamers so against a mid tier PERMANENT difficulty? Is it really that bad to have more free stuff?

    There’s new mid-tier content every month and acts 4, 5, RoL, RttL, and the easy outer path of LoL are all permanent. Sometimes special challenge events appear more frequently than that. There’s not new endgame content every month.
    The variant mode sounds awesome, the rewards are insane, but I'm not near that level though.. classic mode is disappointing... The rewards are ridiculous..

    There should be A heroic or master difficulty rewards there.. now there's something like beginner and uncollected, nothing in-between
    There’s already content at that level in the story and monthly event quests and the frequent additional challenge content.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I did find a work around for the 2.3 boss that worked ok but I still suffered from the bug every fight.

    The only work around I can think of is RNG luck using SW. No mystic or tech champs have true strike and Voodoo’s AAR isn’t enough to avoid having a fatigue debuff inflicted.

    Skill should be enough to clear this content without using items, I’ve manage to reach the 2.3 boss with all champs at full health with 0 item use before losing them all to the bug I’ve provided evidence of. Perhaps that point of view is the problem.

    Use voodoo and only hit him while stunned. If you get manage to get to your L1 without getting fatigued, use it on an odd special.

    The AAR helps not get fatigued on hit and your parry stun will last long enough for a 5 hit combo so no evades.
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    MrMaat wrote: »
    Something useful to most peeps.
    and to hopefully stop some of the complaining this is too hard.

    Here is an infographic i put together to put the rewards for Ultrons Assault in perspective.
    it gives a good explanation as to why it is so dang hard.
    THESE REWARDS ARE INSANE.
    and have exceptional value.

    keep at it... grow stronger and these rewards will still be here when you are ready.

    chmfpke8lco2.png

    It defliy hard. And the rewards is isanes. It need alot stagry and champ for it.

    How can there be strategy when you can't bring teams to counter the paths? I'm surprised more blade owners aren't complaining lol (sigh 0/13 on blade featured and so many other tries and still havent pulled him or any other featured champ)
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

    Use voodoo and only hit him while stunned. If you get manage to get to your L1 without getting fatigued, use it on an odd special.

    The AAR helps not get fatigued on hit and your parry stun will last long enough for a 5 hit combo so no evades.

    I tried that, you still have to use items/spend to beat the bug:

    https://youtu.be/nL2yzyDBCEs
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,845 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    The_One wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    I'm a 700k player and not have a single mutant or talent to R4. This class restriction is just STUPID! Hope is doable with R3...

    I'm in the same boat.
    I looked at this, saw the class restrictions.
    My best possible team is 4/55 AA, 5/50 GP, 5/50 Blade (useless without GR), 5/50 iceman and 3/45 unduped Hawkeye.
    My team rating was about 15k below the recommended, I backed out and won't be wasting any energy on this.

    Lol if you switch AA and Gp rankings thats exactly who i used and i did just fine.
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    My question is why are all you so called and gamers so against a mid tier PERMANENT difficulty? Is it really that bad to have more free stuff?

    Its not about beeing against it. Its about pushing down this entitlement and insane complaining. There is act 1-5 rol. Rttl for mid tiers to build on to one day do this

    But in the end it's all free stuff for everyone so theres no reason to complain whether your just beginning in the middle or end game lol.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,320 ★★★★★
    Drummer16 wrote: »

    How can there be strategy when you can't bring teams to counter the paths? I'm surprised more blade owners aren't complaining lol (sigh 0/13 on blade featured and so many other tries and still havent pulled him or any other featured champ)

    The strategy of picking the best available champ, maybe 5-65 AA and Blade won’t be as effective as 3-45 WS and Hawkeye. Start with the usual suspects and go down the roster trying out champs and figuring out some moves, taking your time and restarting rather than reviving and bulling through. There’s not hard time limits on the fights and you can see who’s ahead and their nodes, so take your time.

    Maybe the scrubs that were whining about Blade all the time gave up and quit the game.
  • Options
    loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    edited November 2018
    MrMaat wrote: »
    Something useful to most peeps.
    and to hopefully stop some of the complaining this is too hard.

    Here is an infographic i put together to put the rewards for Ultrons Assault in perspective.
    it gives a good explanation as to why it is so dang hard.
    THESE REWARDS ARE INSANE.
    and have exceptional value.

    keep at it... grow stronger and these rewards will still be here when you are ready.

    chmfpke8lco2.png

    You should also break it down this way. By the time you have the characters you need ranked up to do this 100% you will have used all the resources you just got from finishing it so really the resources are null and kabam wins again. Act 5 was tough but at least you could use any characters. Lol is tough but you can use any character. I just don't think they needed to limit the classes. It is just ironic how some top tier characters are useless because of synergies.

    The content could still be hard without limiting classes. It's like LoL,. Most people that have a 5*starlord have the best chance of completing it.
    Lol should get it's name changed to lom "labrinyth of money"

    Even if they made it easier to get the characters that could help out. .4% chance for grandmasters. 4% for feature. What about 25% old feature ones. The best thing about the percentage is my wallet is plump full now since the changes. My wife thanks you kabam.

    And the 5* Crystal? It's sad that you sirens this much time passing something and you end up getting a crappy character. I got she hulk when I completed act5 100%. At this point you should be getting feature hero Crystal for completing content this difficult.

    This game is becoming more of a job than fun. What happened to the fun?
  • Options
    TornadomanTornadoman Posts: 3
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.
  • Options
    First of all I’d like to say I’m very happy to see new permanent content added to the game.

    The rewards are indeed good and relevant.

    My only problem is that unlike ROL and LOL , this specific difficulty is a unit milking machine no matter if you have the right champs ranked up or not.

    Variant difficulty will still be a unit milking machine next year, and in 2020 as well.

    The nodes, the health, the attack, the champions you chose - everything is simply created to kill our champions no matter what rank they are, no matter how good they are and no matter if they are the right counter or not.

    Completing this mode is obviously possible if you have the skill and roster , but even completing it will force you to spend around two odins or more depends on your skill and roster.

    In my opinion and I’m sure that many other people agree with me like my team mates and friends who play the game - this mode must be nerfed even in a bit .. you guys went too far with this one.

    Thanks for working hard to make this game better - just try to make it more enjoyable and possible for players that can’t afford 100 hours of arena grinding per week or people who can’t afford to spend that much.

  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    It won’t though I say if you have the right champs at 4:55 you could probably do this with less then 2k units
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Also this is meant to be content after lol so it’d have to be insanely difficult but look at the rewards they are amazing
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,320 ★★★★★
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    How’d the poor get poorer? Kabam frisked you, took your Blade, Domino, and Corvus and gave them to a top tier player?
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....
  • Options
    I’m currently at 3.2 when it comes to Variant mode and I can surely say it’s a unit milking machine when it comes to exploring the whole thing - even worse than 100% LoL.

    My roster is very diverse , I’m not as stacked as CowWhale because I don’t spend like him - take in mind that to explore LoL you can use just one champ (if you want to make it easier you can add another champ for specific fights like X23 Spider-Man Classic etc) - but for this Variant mode you need to have tons of ranked up champs that you probably don’t even have - and even with them.. it’s insanely hard and designed to kill all your champs even before u reach the boss.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,260 ★★★★★
    RAGE2k17 wrote: »
    I’m currently at 3.2 when it comes to Variant mode and I can surely say it’s a unit milking machine when it comes to exploring the whole thing - even worse than 100% LoL.

    My roster is very diverse , I’m not as stacked as CowWhale because I don’t spend like him - take in mind that to explore LoL you can use just one champ (if you want to make it easier you can add another champ for specific fights like X23 Spider-Man Classic etc) - but for this Variant mode you need to have tons of ranked up champs that you probably don’t even have - and even with them.. it’s insanely hard and designed to kill all your champs even before u reach the boss.

    Instead of spending on revives just start the path over. 30 units for a energy refill is way better than 40 for a revive. In all honesty, this is still a for profit game. There are always going to be aspects of this game that will tilt towards making money. But there are always ways around that. I wouldnt say its a money grab because it's permanent content. If it was timed with this level of difficulty, I could see it being a money grab.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Only 2 bugged fights are cash grabs, the rest can be soloed with 0 item use
  • Options
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    No, this is permanent.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    After more observation, the 2.3 Ultron Drone Boss does appear to be bugged. My interpretation of his nodes and abilities is that not landing attacks while under a fatigue debuff means no unavoidable damage. As this slow motion video shows, Star Lord takes unavoidable damage when landing a light attack while not inflicted with a fatigue buff while the Ultron Drone is stunned:

    https://youtu.be/MqbLqIdKwPA

    yqge08tcexuc.jpg
    uin2horj863d.jpg
    1dd85tav4l2a.jpg


    I've been corrected once so far, so please correct me if I'm wrong this time as well. My only complaints about this quest are the bug(s), the other being non-robot poison immune champions taking shock damage against the 2.2 Ultron Drone Boss.

    This is my 1 complaint after fighting through. Getting the damage on the same hit that causes the fatigue is grossly unfair and not fun/interactive like the stated goals.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Oh, an additionally, my alliance mate brought his 6* Nebula to that fight, and 5 charges did not turn off the fatigue (even though each is 20% robot AA reduction).
  • Options
    KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    edited November 2018
    Idk what’s funnier; reading you guys talking down on the mid game players or always pointing out how this content is permanent. We all know the importance of completing this content immediately
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,320 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    No, this is permanent.

    Whoosh.
  • Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,269
    LegendJRG wrote: »
    Hey All,

    We've prepared several Server Side fixes for various issues, but one of them is going to affect this Quest Content:

    Fixed an issue where Domino was bypassing Force of Will's immunity to Ability Accuracy Reduction

    We wanted to give you all a heads up, because we plan on pushing these fixes live tomorrow morning.
    What about the bosses that are bugged? Like 2.2 boss putting shocks onto champs like dorm and Meph. Or the 2.3 boss placing fatigues when he doesn’t dodge?

    We're investigating the 2.2 Boss right now, but the Ultron Drone boss in 2.3 can also place Fatigues on you when you strike him. It's one of his abilities.
  • Options
    NanoDroidNanoDroid Posts: 49
    edited November 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    And by the time you can actually get the rewards, end gamers will be so ahead you'll still be a mid tier gamer when new content comes
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    LegendJRG wrote: »
    Hey All,

    We've prepared several Server Side fixes for various issues, but one of them is going to affect this Quest Content:

    Fixed an issue where Domino was bypassing Force of Will's immunity to Ability Accuracy Reduction

    We wanted to give you all a heads up, because we plan on pushing these fixes live tomorrow morning.
    What about the bosses that are bugged? Like 2.2 boss putting shocks onto champs like dorm and Meph. Or the 2.3 boss placing fatigues when he doesn’t dodge?

    We're investigating the 2.2 Boss right now, but the Ultron Drone boss in 2.3 can also place Fatigues on you when you strike him. It's one of his abilities.

    @Kabam Miike That isn't the problem with 2.3 boss. The issue is the "gassed" node triggers on the same hit as the fatigue triggers. Judging by the node text it would seem that "gassed" should only trigger when you hit him while under the effect of fatigue. Meaning you already have fatigue on and if you strike them you suffer the consequences.

    The current function fatigue and gassed trigger simultaneously giving us no chance at all.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    And by the time you can actually get the rewards, end gamers will be so ahead you'll still be a mid tier gamer when new content comes

    Well if you’re that far behind already, then there’s not much change is there? I don’t understand the argument that someone who’s been playing for a year should be able to catch up to someone playing for 4 years. Where’s the logic? People are at different points of the game. If you’re already behind the end game players you will probably always be at least slightly behind the end game players. Especially if you don’t spend like them. That’s just how it is.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »


    @Kabam Miike That isn't the problem with 2.3 boss. The issue is the "gassed" node triggers on the same hit as the fatigue triggers. Judging by the node text it would seem that "gassed" should only trigger when you hit him while under the effect of fatigue. Meaning you already have fatigue on and if you strike them you suffer the consequences.

    The current function fatigue and gassed trigger simultaneously giving us no chance at all.

    @Kabam Miike Shrimkins’ above comment describes the 2.3 boss bug
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    LegendJRG wrote: »
    Hey All,

    We've prepared several Server Side fixes for various issues, but one of them is going to affect this Quest Content:

    Fixed an issue where Domino was bypassing Force of Will's immunity to Ability Accuracy Reduction

    We wanted to give you all a heads up, because we plan on pushing these fixes live tomorrow morning.
    What about the bosses that are bugged? Like 2.2 boss putting shocks onto champs like dorm and Meph. Or the 2.3 boss placing fatigues when he doesn’t dodge?

    We're investigating the 2.2 Boss right now, but the Ultron Drone boss in 2.3 can also place Fatigues on you when you strike him. It's one of his abilities.

    Yes, but the hit where he places the fatigue on you, you get damaged. You literally have no opportunity to avoid that damage.

    The way the node is written, it looks like you take the damage if you hit him while you have a fatigue. However, you hit him with no fatigue when you throw the hit, then you get fatigued and damaged on the same hit.
Sign In or Register to comment.