**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If the AI were actually intelligent, which champ would be the best defender?

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
Imagine ai that knows how to parry, intercept, dex, and chain into special attacks. Who would be the hardest to defeat?

I think it would be Quake. If the ai actually used her the way she is supposed to be used, she would literally be untouchable. She is probably the only character that can do continuous, unavoidable damage without having to touch or be near the opponent. The only champs that would have a chance would be hyperion (even then, he would struggle, as concussion would eventually cancel out his power gain), bw/av/domino/taskmaster (who all have built-in aa reduction or evade countering, without the need for buffs/debuffs), and champs with long heavy attacks (hype again, and howard the duck).

Other difficult defenders would be any power gainers like Hyp or Mordo.

Comments

• DOA40DOA40 Posts: 94
    While I somewhat enjoy the “idiot” AIs, it’s just too damn easy to figure out which kind you’re going up against and plan accordingly. I would like it if the AI were a bit more intuitive in that it would go, “Okay, my spamming of Heavy Attack is getting me no hits on the opponent. Let’s try something else and see if that works instead”.

As it is, you can tell the kind of AI you’re going up against in the first couple of seconds of the match and just stomp them pretty quickly with their counter.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @DOA40 I do feel like certain fights such as infinity war thanos and labyrinth maestro have much higher ai than most fights. Especially against thanos, I was always getting intercepted when I went to dash in. As for dumber ai, it's enjoyable to a point. rol ai is super passive and it's a lot more annoying to fight than the ai you find in duels or act 5.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Blade being able to sit and regen whenever.
  • Dmack976637Dmack976637 Posts: 70
    If quake was smart it would be game over.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    If quake was smart it would be game over.

Like earlier mentioned, Iceman would stop evade, and ice armor would remove stun. It would suck, but doable.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    if ai would've perfectly use dexterity, pretty much any chempo. however good you are, fight is all about reaction. so quake would be the best to stop you from getting too sp3, if you use hype. also I'm not sure if iceman stops dexterity, but even if he does, ai could've avoid your attacks without evading
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I think Quake or Ghost rider would be just about unstoppable if the A.I. utilized their abilities right.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    If the AI was intelligent it would be able to kill you perfectly with any champ, without ever taking a hit. It knows when you use a medium attack, so it could perfectly intercept you every time, and it could perfectly parry your light attacks every time also. The AI can be programmed to perfectly react to anything you do, because it's a computer and you aren't.

So the answer is: all of them
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Quake would be a huge pain. Then spider Gwen given the ability to spam trap heavies would also be a bit more annoying than usual. Then you got Emma who could make herself bleed immune whenever she pleased.

You’d have hyper aggressive Omega who’d never bait a special

Also I think a super passive Abomination that refused to do anything other than block could be funny too. Especially a random duped 5* abom r3 middle of nowhere and you ain’t got a poison immune cause why would you normally need one 😂
  • AxeCopFire wrote: »
    If the AI was intelligent it would be able to kill you perfectly with any champ, without ever taking a hit. It knows when you use a medium attack, so it could perfectly intercept you every time, and it could perfectly parry your light attacks every time also. The AI can be programmed to perfectly react to anything you do, because it's a computer and you aren't.

So the answer is: all of them

An interesting question would be: if a perfect zero-lag bot played both sides, and you ran a tournament where every champion fought every other champion (including a copy of itself) which champion would win the most fights?
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @AxeCopFire ok then to slightly modify my original hypothetical, if Kabam were actually able to create live pvp battles, which characters would be the most op to fight? Obviously champs like hyp would dominate because you can simply hold for sp3s, but quake would definitely defeat most other champs. I'm thinking the only characters with a chance are iceman, ghost, bw, cb, and hyp. Maaaaybe howard the duck because of that op heavy attack
  • icorericorer Posts: 66
    Ghost would be pretty hard to face vs great ai

Overall super intelligent ai would make fights dull, neither side would like to commit, much like if there was actual pvp.

At least super intelligent ai would be somewhat predictable. The worst ai for me is the ai on day 1 or 2 of aq. It's so stupid and passive it's totally unpredictable a lot of the time, rather choosing to stay back, blocking or just standing there. : :s
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    Imagine AI playing smart with spark? That would be pretty OP and devastating. No?
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Just think EQ uncollected.
    Every months we have ppl complaining how op is this new champ.
    So, I agree with @AxeCopFire, any champs.