**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This was heartbreaking to see...

I’m a player who has completed act 5 and I really didn’t have any good 5* to rank up. I focused mostly on my 4* and my stash of T2A slowly accumulated. I finally have 2 good 5* but need other resources to rank them up to 4. Since I never really had use for them, my T2A went into overflow. I lost 4 of them a month after act 5 since they expired, and I’ll lose another one in 6 days. Why isn’t the storage larger? It’s really not fair that these items went to waste because I wasn’t able to use them at the time

Comments

• The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    belli300 wrote: »
    Don’t complete content that puts you in a bad spot for resources

:|
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    edited November 2018
    Had same issue but not as many. Mine was due to an incredible unbalance in CC.. to see what i mean. i have 1 4* tech ranked r5 and one r3 5* three tech in inventory... 4 mutants ranked and 7 in inventory, 3 cosmic 4* and 7 in inventory, two mystics (1 4*, 1 5* r3) and 5 in inventory. I have tried trading (worst deal ever) skill or id have skill in overflow with 1 5* r4 and 1 4* r5. Science 1 r4 5*, 1 r3 5* and 4 in inventory (also tried trade or would have 7).. so let t2a expire or rank a bs champ. Is complete BS and the trade deal is absurd 3 for 1 and cant pick.. did two and they just flopped.. skill for science and science for skill. Above people saying dont complete content but when trying to get resources to rank Stark for me, what the hell you supposed to do? Nothing until you get from AQ?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    almost same here. have to rank champos I don't like because of t2a overflow. and I never get ones I like
  • SMNYSMNY Posts: 69
    Is this topic an April Fool’s joke?
  • MaatttyyMaatttyy Posts: 77
    i'm looking forward to the day that my t2a's overflow lol
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

"No this is diablo immortal"
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    edited November 2018
    No ofense but ur resource management sucks, its ur own fault that u lost those.

My highest gold was 12m, im down now to 300k, what did i do then?

Im not a arena grinder, only do it eventually, so i stopped opening crystals that give catalysts and iso, and focused on wasting the catalysts and class iso i had on stach, i lvl up someone who s class iso is about to expire and i sell the neutral isos for extra gold, that way none of my itens expired. And im tell u, those a2 will be very missed in the future, they re the rarest resourse in this game after generic 5* AG and Cb5s

I need 2 more paths to 100% LOL, but i wont do it now cause it will overflow many cc4s and i dont have gold or cb4s to waste then, so im waiting until i do to finish it. Guess u should have done the same
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

"No this is diablo immortal"

No, this is Patrick.
  • What 5 stars you have ?
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I only go for t2a when I have champs worth ranking up. I don't know why you couldn't wait, maybe just on the last part and not complete it all.

Feel bad for you man, I have about 2 champs that I'd r4 immediately once I get the resources. Waiting for that one god tier pull is awful too. Sometimes there are champs that have so much utility who are not Gods.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Suel wrote: »
    No ofense but ur resource management sucks, its ur own fault that u lost those.

My highest gold was 12m, im down now to 300k, what did i do then?

Im not a arena grinder, only do it eventually, so i stopped opening crystals that give catalysts and iso, and focused on wasting the catalysts and class iso i had on stach, i lvl up someone who s class iso is about to expire and i sell the neutral isos for extra gold, that way none of my itens expired. And im tell u, those a2 will be very missed in the future, they re the rarest resourse in this game after generic 5* AG and Cb5s

I need 2 more paths to 100% LOL, but i wont do it now cause it will overflow many cc4s and i dont have gold or cb4s to waste then, so im waiting until i do to finish it. Guess u should have done the same

I had 2 t2a in stash this summer, luckily I pulled 5* gp a week before those inspired. I have a well left to get champo that deserves to be r4 as I have one more expiring atm. was doing only uc eq basically
  • allinashes wrote: »
    I don't rank up any 5* to r4 that I'm not willing to take to r5. What's the point of ranking some dud you'll hardly ever use? I'm not swimming in resources like some around here apparently. I'd rather save my resources and be patient and get what I really want in the end.

That's a wise choice when T2A is a rare and limited resource. But if you have so many that they are literally expiring in bunches as the OP mentions, then that would be bad resource management.

If you don't care if they expire because you can always get more, then let them expire rather than rank up suboptimally. But if you do care if they expire, plan far, far ahead to always have an option to use them, because if you lose extremely rare resources you don't want to lose you generally only have yourself to blame. Even the stash has significant time horizons before a catalyst expires.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    The main issue I see here is going by what someone else considers the "best champs". I've never fell into the YouTube lists of who's great an who isnt. Each champ has its uses, some more than others of course. Choosing to play by a YouTubers list of who's good and who isn't is basically letting someone else dictate YOUR roster. And by doing so it's cost you some of the most valuable resources in the game. My advice would be play the game to Your strengths. There's nothing wrong with stepping outside of what's considered great and ranking who's Great For You, especially if it's keeping resources from expiring.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★
    Which 5* champs precisely were not worth ranking up on your roster? That’s what I’m wondering now.

Dr. Zola
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Mostly just negative, dismissive comments. My favorite is the one about , not beating content that will over flow your resources. Lots of helpful feedback. Great community help lol.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Bro just R4 that Colossus you'll actually gain mad respect for your bravery and dedication to a character that everyone likes outside of this game.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    G0311 wrote: »
    Mostly just negative, dismissive comments. My favorite is the one about , not beating content that will over flow your resources. Lots of helpful feedback. Great community help lol.

So you think waiting to complete content that will overflow your resources is a bad idea?
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Been there was forced to use T2a myself when working through Act V. I had options to rank but was waiting on a show of someone but ended up being forced to rank before it expired.

I ranked an unduped magic which is still awesome of course but have been playing against that wall lately a few times with T2a in overflow forcing me to rank someone. Again decent champs I’ve ranked but not duped since the RNG gods won’t give me any good dupes.

Only reco is to keep an eye on your inventory at all times and your stash. You have about a month to use it if it goes into overflow which is enough time to accumulate the other resources to secure your rank. Also make sure you keep your t4cc stashes high enough if that isn’t enough time for you to secure those in your position in the game.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★
    G0311 wrote: »

There actually are positive comments here—to wit, that sometimes you have to rank up something sub-optimal and hope for a possible RDT in the future or risk losing resources. In lieu of that, the answer really is not to complete content that gives resources you can’t/won’t use before expiry.

Waiting for the perfect pull is a losing game. Anyone who’s played this game for any appreciable time understands that it usually gives you what you least need or want, whether by design or pure chance or whatever.

I’m genuinely sorry for anyone who loses valuable items to expiration. OP has a fair point that continuing to earn XP long after it has any effect on your account or level or inventory caps is silly. But that lament has fallen on deaf ears at Kabam for as long as I can remember. The answer is, sadly, rank up or risk expiration.

Dr. Zola