**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Aegon a joke

2»

Comments

• Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Here's a thought, if you can't beat a certain champ or complete a level of content, move along. Pass it up. Stop asking for nerfs. Stop coming to the forums complaining. It's not the end of the world if you can't finish one month. This idea that if you can't beat it the content itself NEEDS to be reduced to fit a players current skill level is absolutely ridiculous.

No participation trophies in MCOC.

Move along now.....
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    EvilAsh wrote: »

How many hours a day do you "grind arenas "?
    It's not like mcoc=life. Don't get why it's someone's fault that they aren't as "hardcore" enough to allocate enough time to get a particular champ just to play part of a game that is easily beat with a few champs and impossible without them.

P.S. IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, NOT EVERYONE THAT "GRINDS" GETS THE CHAMP. i guess top 800 means all 60k that play get the champ? Kabam makes champs random not the player, it's not his fault he didn't pull the same junk champs you grind for.

Ever heard of the basic arena, your argument doesn't hold any ground, people should have to work to get rewards and there are many champions that can beat Aegon it just takes skill to pull off. Different parts of the game require different champions, should kabam nerf mephisto because not many champions are incinerate immune, should they nerf modok because not many champions can bypass autoblock. No, they have counters or takes skill to get past just like Aegon. This is a game that revolves around growing your roster, if you couldn't put 2.5 million in arena you probably aren't at the level to do 100% uncollected EQ anyway.

The only thing I'll say in defense here is unless you grind EVERY champ EVERY time (does anyone do this?) then how do you know that you NEED a certain champ 2 months later? Maybe a person has everything they need at the time and they don't need the exact utility combination of one particular champ like AA. Then 2 months later a quest comes out that has a strong need for ability reduction, regen control, AND happens to NOT be immune to Bleed and poison!?!

I'm just saying. I really don't think in retrospect that "You should have grinded arena 4 months ago" is very practical advice in this context unless you do indeed grind all arenas for all available champs just in case of some unknown future need! Know what I'm sayin?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    Jbeard wrote: »
    This aegon In uncollected a joke if you ain’t got a AA it seems to be impossible unless your willing to spend a fortune,

Voodoo
  • SharperthanyouSharperthanyou Posts: 180
    Even with all of the counters that everyone has pointed out you still have to fight flawlessly. One mistake and you are KO'ed. I can appreciate difficult fights but this is ridiculous.

Hopefully this is not the path Kabam is heading with the game because it is not much fun.

I am willing and want to learn new fighting styles to take down an opponent but when you have to be absolutely perfect the entire time it is no fun.

Venting over but still frustrated.
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    Use voodoo or gwen pool
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    Literally any champ with buff steal. Loki being #1. All you have to do is run away from him and build up to sp2 (if awakend and on team with ThorRR) if not, build to sp1/parry/steal and repeat.

Alternately, you could just add Hela and Thor RR to your team. Bravely run away and gain to sp2 is reached and then attack to max power, curse the fool and build again, land unblockable sp2 for a ton of damage or slain. A tonn of damage then slainn, beautiful really.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    If they want to make it harder make another level, if you can’t complete uncollected then you can’t get 6* shards if you can’t get them may as well stop playing the game coz it’s all about 6* champion for Aq and AW

They did in fact make a new level. It is called "uncollected."

Also, I don't actually use 6* champions in either AQ or AW attack, even though I have four of them. I guess I might as well stop playing the game coz I'm clearly doing it wrong.

Uncollected will have been out for a year in December. Not exactly new. I think he meant a difficulty even above Uncollected.
  • SharperthanyouSharperthanyou Posts: 180
    I have a max signature level 5/50 AA and a 5/65 5* Magik. I have been able to beat him 1 out 10 or so tries. I am not even close to a rookie player and understand the counters.

My point is you still have to fight flawlessly or you are still KO'ed with the counters. Then you cannot just revive and finish him off without being perfect again on intercepting. I always seem to make a mistake or two in a fight and you cannot recover from that in this fight. Just not fun.

Just removing the buffet buff would make this fight more palatable and maybe a slightly more fun of a challenge.

I probably will not 100% Uncollected this month, which will be the first time since January. Oh well...
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Got him down to 5% with 5/50 awakened Voodoo in my first try. Just intercept some, counter his specials, and spam odd SP1's
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I have a max signature level 5/50 AA and a 5/65 5* Magik. I have been able to beat him 1 out 10 or so tries. I am not even close to a rookie player and understand the counters.

My point is you still have to fight flawlessly or you are still KO'ed with the counters. Then you cannot just revive and finish him off without being perfect again on intercepting. I always seem to make a mistake or two in a fight and you cannot recover from that in this fight. Just not fun.

Just removing the buffet buff would make this fight more palatable and maybe a slightly more fun of a challenge.

I probably will not 100% Uncollected this month, which will be the first time since January. Oh well...

I didn't complete Emma month. Just didn't have enough time to master her. It happens man.

That said, i feel like at uncollected level I expect fights to be 'perfect or die' to an extent. I kind of excepted that at this point, and I'm not sure why you have just noticed TBH. Of course still do a lot with 4*.

With AA I don't see the issue. I want to say it was 29 hits to beat him with my 4* r5 AA! I have not ran the other paths for 100% yet but i have heard that if you don't perfect him you should start the quest over. *shrug*
  • Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    If they want to make it harder make another level, if you can’t complete uncollected then you can’t get 6* shards if you can’t get them may as well stop playing the game coz it’s all about 6* champion for Aq and AW

They did in fact make a new level. It is called "uncollected."

Also, I don't actually use 6* champions in either AQ or AW attack, even though I have four of them. I guess I might as well stop playing the game coz I'm clearly doing it wrong.

Uncollected will have been out for a year in December. Not exactly new. I think he meant a difficulty even above Uncollected.

The OP said "if they want to make it harder make another level" and I'm saying they did that. They didn't make a fundamentally harder level of difficulty last month and sneak it into uncollected, no matter how much problems some players might be having with any particular boss. I don't interpret what the OP said to mean that the devs are supposed to be making a new difficulty level every month to accommodate the players who think every month is the hardest thing ever, because that would be completely ridiculous. I don't assume people are saying something completely ridiculous unless they force me to.
  • Sungj wrote: »
    EvilAsh wrote: »

How many hours a day do you "grind arenas "?
    It's not like mcoc=life. Don't get why it's someone's fault that they aren't as "hardcore" enough to allocate enough time to get a particular champ just to play part of a game that is easily beat with a few champs and impossible without them.

P.S. IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, NOT EVERYONE THAT "GRINDS" GETS THE CHAMP. i guess top 800 means all 60k that play get the champ? Kabam makes champs random not the player, it's not his fault he didn't pull the same junk champs you grind for.

Ever heard of the basic arena, your argument doesn't hold any ground, people should have to work to get rewards and there are many champions that can beat Aegon it just takes skill to pull off. Different parts of the game require different champions, should kabam nerf mephisto because not many champions are incinerate immune, should they nerf modok because not many champions can bypass autoblock. No, they have counters or takes skill to get past just like Aegon. This is a game that revolves around growing your roster, if you couldn't put 2.5 million in arena you probably aren't at the level to do 100% uncollected EQ anyway.

The only thing I'll say in defense here is unless you grind EVERY champ EVERY time (does anyone do this?) then how do you know that you NEED a certain champ 2 months later? Maybe a person has everything they need at the time and they don't need the exact utility combination of one particular champ like AA. Then 2 months later a quest comes out that has a strong need for ability reduction, regen control, AND happens to NOT be immune to Bleed and poison!?!

I'm just saying. I really don't think in retrospect that "You should have grinded arena 4 months ago" is very practical advice in this context unless you do indeed grind all arenas for all available champs just in case of some unknown future need! Know what I'm sayin?

It might not be practical advice, but it is a reasonable counter to the claim that these champions are incredibly difficult to get and only few players are capable of earning them outside of random crystal drops, which is what the post was a reply to.

Furthermore, we aren't talking about an obscure champ with weird utility that no one wants until it becomes suddenly useful in a quest. We're talking about Archangel. Archangel has been one of the go-to boss killers in many uncollected quests now, as well as considered one of the top damage dealing attackers in the game period.

But there's also the more important meta-issue. It has been known for a very, very, very, very long time that the devs love to make content that is designed to have a few narrow lanes of relatively-easy running and everything else much harder. The idea that a diverse roster is going to be useful is not a new idea. I was fetching every basic champ I could get from the arenas as far back as before I could really grind them effectively at all and could only get what no one else wanted. You might just happen to be missing the best, most optimal roster choices in one particular month, but you're supposed to be trying to broaden your roster as a priority if you intend to tackle the hardest and widest range of content in the game. The fact is Archangel was available not long ago for a song, and anyone who was missing him and had any ability to play for a few hours in the arena should have taken a shot at getting him if they were making roster strength a priority. Anyone not making roster strength a priority has no leg to stand on when complaining that the content emphasizes champions they don't have.

This is a progressional game, and like almost all progressional games it rewards players taking a long term perspective. Sometimes, in fact very frequently you don't lose a fight today, you lost it months ago when you didn't try harder to build yourself up to the point where you would have been able to beat that fight. You didn't practice your skills. You didn't learn other players' strategies and tactics. You didn't focus your gameplay on roster building. And other players did.