**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Awd synergies

Hey everyone
Do synergies still work in awd. I thought I saw something a while ago saying that they were going to work. Thanks for your help

Comments

• SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Still? They never really did. Kabam said they were "looking into it" but I suspect nothing will ever come from it to allow them to work.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Why would you want them to?
  • tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    edited November 2018
    It should never work.. if an attacker can’t see your champs, the synergy will be a blind advantage and unfair. Trust me, you do not want his....
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I agree that it wouldn't be fair. I just wish kabam would take the synergy display off the screen when choosing defenders. That way newer players do not think the synergies are active since it displays them. It would help eliminate a lot of confusion
  • Jasonr_23Jasonr_23 Posts: 4
    Trust me. It’s not that I want the synergies to work. On of my alliance members asked me if he should place a specific champ for synergy. I wanted to give him the right answer
    Thanks for your help everyone.
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 208
    I think it would be fantastic.... your fighting Domino... or Medusa.... or now the champion you finally take him out and oh wait they gain indestructible and unstoppable because Heimdall saves them at 1 health... and they kill you... yep I would love to see that... I would love for that to happen to me... man, I can only imagine would I start laughing like I can't believe that just happened or would I be angry $%#@^$%@#%$%^ HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?!? lol

Yea that will never happen but it would be great.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    I don't think they are going to allow most unique synergies into AWD, but they may allow some later on if they aren't too overpowered. But most regular synergies work i thought?
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    No synergies work in AW. They never have.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Still? They never really did. Kabam said they were "looking into it" but I suspect nothing will ever come from it to allow them to work.

Op no and they haven't in quite awhile

Actually they did up until the end of last year then kabam started to make more complex ones and turned them off and don't seem to know how to or want to bring them back.

I really don't care either way, if they bring in a way to warn us it could work but it could also make for some really crazy fights with interesting effects that could make for some really frustrating fights which is one a reason I am not to fond of them returning either but I don't really care either way.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Medusa with 6 furies that auto block you starting from 3 on an fury duration enhanced node?

Gulk Hulk with indestructible when they get to low life?

Mephisto that gains aura when he hits you?

Dorm Jug etc villains that revive after dying?

Are you sure you want to go up against such synergies?
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Medusa with 6 furies that auto block you starting from 3 on an fury duration enhanced node?

THAT would be easy implemented for the Tier4 and up Allys in the next season instead of nothing.
    Boost all Attackers AAR abilitys and go. so the Top Tier Junkies can tell us first Hand why synergies in AW are switched off, or why there is no fus to do so o:)
  • Redback8uRedback8u Posts: 25
    edited November 2018
    They need to disable the synergy display when you select your team. This would stop players thinking it will apply.

False advertising causing players to waste time and resources.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »

Or wasp's counter sting never being disabled below 20% health
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    No synergies work in AW. They never have.

Synergies work in AW, AQ Attack and questing. They are switched off for AW defence only
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Nitpicker.
    The OP was asking for AWD. So defence.
    That Attack Boosters/Synergies work is out of question imho.

When talking bout Synergies in AW almost everytime the Def. side is meant.

so Yeah, Offense side synergies always worked
    Defense side synergies never worked.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Cassy wrote: »
    Nitpicker.
    The OP was asking for AWD. So defence.
    That Attack Boosters/Synergies work is out of question imho.

When talking bout Synergies in AW almost everytime the Def. side is meant.

so Yeah, Offense side synergies always worked
    Defense side synergies never worked.

I got loled huh ?

Actually defensive ones did up until the end of last year and kabam kept everyone in the dark after for awhile.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41071/synergies-on-aw-defense-under-investigation/p1

December 2017

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/46042/aw-synergy-problem

Claimed they were going to to fix it but didn't and then kept saying it.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/53486/version-17-1-discussion-thread/p1

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/60252/aw-synergies-update-and-further-discussion/p1

Then after that people just stopped trying anymore, so not sure how long some of you have been playing but a lot of us remember them being on and we had things like dark empowerment proc against them but after that time they went off and it's been nearly a year since they were active.

Honestly it seems more like they screwed up but can't figure out how to fix it and warn us at the sametime so eventually they just stopped trying and eventually we just stopped asking for the most part.

So again they DID work in the PAST they DON'T work now, only offensive side ones work now.