**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is ULTRON so weak in this game

2»

Comments

• Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    He is a really good champ for his Utility. He is a great attacker and defender
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rajuteda wrote: »
    Aq map 5 day 5 10k prestige...5/50 Ultron disappoints without suicides though...anyone agree?

Tell me 4 *champs that can hold their own on day 5 10k prestige and above

AQ Map 5 Day 5 12K+ prestige, 4/55 Ultron clears tier 2 Masochism path by himself
  • Options
    Zayo_278 wrote: »
    Interestingly I got a warning for responding to an insult on a thread I started. I have him as a rank 3/45 sig 60. I started playing the game in 2015 even though I took a year and half break. Only came back this year. I can remember when ultron was always being placed as boss in AW before 12.0. If you had him before 12.0 you’d understand how weak he is now.

He didn't get substantially weaker after 12.0. He used to be a strong defender in AW because prior to 12.0 regeneration scaled with max health buffs. When that was changed explicitly to reduce the effectiveness of high regen defenders champs like Ultron and Wolverine became less valuable as defenders. Today, it is more the case that stats aren't what's desirable in AW on defense, it is difficult to counter special abilities.

As to his design, it's obvious that back in the day Ultron was designed to lean towards defensive utility as opposed to offensive output. His base health is higher than average, he has two separate defensive heals, he has armor ups, he has evade, and his signature ability absorbs energy damage. And actually even now he's still generally considered to be a better than average champion for people who can leverage those abilities.
  • Options
    Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    Aq map 5 day 5 10k prestige...5/50 Ultron disappoints without suicides though...anyone agree?

Hyperion, Gwenpool, maybe corvus, just to name a few.
  • Options
    Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Interestingly I got a warning for responding to an insult on a thread I started. I have him as a rank 3/45 sig 60. I started playing the game in 2015 even though I took a year and half break. Only came back this year. I can remember when ultron was always being placed as boss in AW before 12.0. If you had him before 12.0 you’d understand how weak he is now.

He didn't get substantially weaker after 12.0. He used to be a strong defender in AW because prior to 12.0 regeneration scaled with max health buffs. When that was changed explicitly to reduce the effectiveness of high regen defenders champs like Ultron and Wolverine became less valuable as defenders. Today, it is more the case that stats aren't what's desirable in AW on defense, it is difficult to counter special abilities.

As to his design, it's obvious that back in the day Ultron was designed to lean towards defensive utility as opposed to offensive output. His base health is higher than average, he has two separate defensive heals, he has armor ups, he has evade, and his signature ability absorbs energy damage. And actually even now he's still generally considered to be a better than average champion for people who can leverage those abilities.

You’re right. I’m chipping away at final ultron boss in Variant difficulty right now. If I get a tech 2015 3-4 gem I’d use it on him. Maybe he’d be much better for me as a rank 4.
  • Options
    mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★

I have 12k+ prestige on day 5 and use 4/55 x-23 unduped along with 4* blade and 4* ghost rider, haven’t used a revive in months
  • Options
    Please nathing mcoc my life my life my family so kabam way permanent any mod account game is only game
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Eh he was removed as an absurdly amazing defender to a standout attack oriented champ thanks to dual immunities and one of the better sustain abilities. I’m not a huge fan of his signature as it’s situatiobal but when so I can find use for it
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

In the interest of fairness, there was another change to Ultron during the 12.0 update. He had a single line of text in the champion changes area:

Ultron:
    Reduce Crit chance by roughly half

This was also the update that inexplicably grazed Magneto with the Nerf stick. After 12.0, he only had 1 chance to trigger a bleed instead of 2 on his L1.
  • Options
    Got a mystic rank 3 to 4. Did I miss an announcement by Kabam? Apparently it can be used on any mystic champ? Wish I got a tech for ultron though.
  • Options
    Got a mystic rank 3 to 4. Did I miss an announcement by Kabam? Apparently it can be used on any mystic champ? Wish I got a tech for ultron though.

Did you complete a single path all the way through 3.3 in Variant difficulty?

You get 3 2015 3-4 gems, one for completely exploring each chapter.

Then for your first pass (completion) through all the maps, you get a 3-4 gem that can be used on any champ of the designated class.

• Options

Did you complete a single path all the way through 3.3 in Variant difficulty?

You get 3 2015 3-4 gems, one for completely exploring each chapter.

Then for your first pass (completion) through all the maps, you get a 3-4 gem that can be used on any champ of the designated class.

ud02rgv88h7m.jpeg
  • Options
    Did single paths for completion. Got 3 rank 2-3 cosmic and one rank 3-4 mystic. I’m working on exploration now and hopefully I pull a 2015 tech for ultron. He’d go straight to rank 4!
  • Options
    Did single paths for completion. Got 3 rank 2-3 cosmic and one rank 3-4 mystic. I’m working on exploration now and hopefully I pull a 2015 tech for ultron. He’d go straight to rank 4!

The picture doesn't help much as it looks like you might have some Act 5 rewards in the mix.

But if you only did a single path for completion, then the gem you got is good for any Mystic Champion to go from 3 to 4. Fully exploring each chapter with grant the 2015-only 3 to 4 gems.