**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will Summoner Level Go Past 60?

I’ve been level 60 for a while now, and I’m wondering if there’s any plans to increase the max level past 60... it’s not a huge game changer but the gold and mastery point from leveling up was always welcome...

Comments

• The answer to your question is that you're probably looking at this a bit backwards. Adding more levels won't automatically add more rewards like mastery points. Rather, we had the levels we had specifically to award us the rewards we got. It is almost certainly the case that with no masteries added in a while the devs don't want to hand out mastery points either, and without the need to do that they won't add more levels. If they ever had more masteries and decide to also hand out more mastery points to spend on them, they might decide to increase the level cap to award them (they could also award them in other ways, such as with progress title ala Contender, Proven, Conqueror, Uncollected).
  • DragonFire2DragonFire2 Posts: 181
    I just used mastery points as an example... any rewards for leveling up are nice. Just was curious to see if there’s plans to make it go past 60
  • I just used mastery points as an example... any rewards for leveling up are nice. Just was curious to see if there’s plans to make it go past 60

They will probably increase the level cap if they decide there's some award important enough to connect to advancing levels. But they are almost certainly not going to increase the cap just to create an opportunity to give out rewards, or because people want a bigger number in that box.
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 210
    At this point, I would be cool with 5 more levels and 200,000 gold for each level gained.
  • At this point, I would be cool with 5 more levels and 200,000 gold for each level gained.

Never happen. They won't burn levels to do that. It makes far more sense to do what many MMOs do: convert unused XP at the level cap into currency (in our case, gold). It rewards level capped players with currency, and it gives us something to do with XP boosters.

There are some games that implement "pseudo levels" which I could also see happening one day. The way that works is that when we're at the level cap, there's a progress bar that looks like it advances us to level 61, but when you reach the end you gain rewards as if you leveled but the bar just resets to level 60, allowing you to fill it over and over again without actually altering your level. That allows you to connect earning certain rewards with earning XP without having to touch level gates.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Kabam said that they have no interest doing this anytime soon
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    So your probably going to have to wait a while
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    ... is like Taekwondo Belting system, once reaching black belt, that's it.