**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 6* Featured Crystal Discussion

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    To be honest, I see at least 17 Champs I could put to good use. Those odds aren't bad.

Where'd you get that number? I see only 13-14 good ones with some of those requiring a dupe. You must be counting someone like Storm, DD or MK as "good"

I said I could put them to good use. Storm was one of them, yes. Not the latter two. Honestly, people have to get away from this quest for God Tiers.
    The result of that is seeing anything but as trash.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    To be honest, I see at least 17 Champs I could put to good use. Those odds aren't bad.

Where'd you get that number? I see only 13-14 good ones with some of those requiring a dupe. You must be counting someone like Storm, DD or MK as "good"

I said I could put them to good use. Storm was one of them, yes. Not the latter two. Honestly, people have to get away from this quest for God Tiers.

I agree that the whole tier thing is ridiculous... But Kabam has made the game that way because of the disparity between the useful and not useful champs.

Also when you get to the point of pulling 6* champions, there are many that are simply not useful. I have DPX, IF, YJ, and Beast, and I literally cannot use them in any of the difficult content that gets put out because they are so bad. If we want to get away from the god tier list, champions need to be balanced so that there isn't such a huge gap between the "good" champs and the "bad" champs.
    I think the general concensus on useful is pretty narrow.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    The new iteration of champs are pure trash I think seatins video on the subject matter was totally on point
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018

You're just not playing the same game as the people in a position to open a featured 6*. You can theorize all you want about the endgame in MCOC but until you're there you're just guessing.

The truth of the matter is that there are only a handful of useful champs that are needed for endgame AW. All other modes of the game do not need specific champs for.

The new Variant quest was great in giving people a reason to use their mediocre 6* champs, but they weren't needed. I use my 6* HE for the first time outside of arena in chapter one. It was fun but I could have just used any HE or Gambit for those paths.

I personally have a 5 tiered list I made when I was bored one Sunday that has 5 tiers.
    R5 - Champs I deem worthy of R5 (Blade, Stark Void ect.)
    R4 - Champs I deem worthy of R4 (AA, Gulk, DV ect.)
    Utility - Champs that provide a bit of utility if you don't have a better option (Nebula, SL, HE ect.)
    Secondary - Defenders, high prestige and/or synergy boosters (Thor Rag, Korg, MODOK ect.)
    Arena - Champs only useful in arena (Storm, Rhino, CW, HB, Mags MK, ect.)
    I think the general concensus on useful is pretty narrow.

When it comes to 4* and 5* yes... But when it comes to 6* it is a different story. If a player is at the point in the game where they are getting a 6* champ every 4 months, give or take, the consensus on which champs are useful is widely agreed upon. No one wants to grind for 4 months and get a champ that is okay at best, I don't want a champ that is merely "usable" I want someone that is going to help me progress in the game. What's unfortunate is that a large number of the 6* champs are actually "unusable" in the current meta of the game.

You're just not playing the same game as the people in a position to open a featured 6*. You can theorize all you want about the endgame in MCOC but until you're there you're just guessing.

The truth of the matter is that there are only a handful of useful champs that are needed for endgame AW. All other modes of the game do not need specific champs for.

The new Variant quest was great in giving people a reason to use their mediocre 6* champs, but they weren't needed. I use my 6* HE for the first time outside of arena in chapter one. It was fun but I could have just used any HE or Gambit for those paths.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People think if they don't get Kills in the Top Tiers, they're useless. That's not an accurate assessment. You can pass judgment on me if you like, but I'm capable of opening the same Crystals. People limit their gameplay, so they limit their Rosters. That doesn't mean the Champs are useless.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People think if they don't get Kills in the Top Tiers, they're useless. That's not an accurate assessment. You can pass judgment on me if you like, but I'm capable of opening the same Crystals. People limit their gameplay, so they limit their Rosters. That doesn't mean the Champs are useless.

I dare you to open a 6* DPX and NOT think he's useless...

He would have to be Duped, but the Bleed is decent. Wouldn't be my first choice, but I would find a use if I had to. Lol.
    edited November 2018

He would have to be Duped, but the Bleed is decent. Wouldn't be my first choice, but I would find a use if I had to. Lol.

That would be depressing... The last thing I would want is another 4 months of grinding for a DPX dupe... Mine is being incredibly useful riding the bench and keeping my 6* IF, YJ and Beast company.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    I look at 6* champs as a bonus for where the game is at currently. I don't bank on them being able to help me progress as most of them are terrible or need to be awakened. If you pull a Corvus or the like then thats a bonus.

You just don't get it. You are capable of opening a featured 6*, but it would probably take someone at your level about a year to get 15k shards. It would be silly for someone at your level to spend 15k shards on a featured, regardless of what you got. And if someone at your level did, getting a garbage champ would be sooo much worse than someone at my level. Getting a good L1 6* champ so someone at you spot in the game would be game changing. Hell, even getting a Storm for someone at your level would be a boost to your roster. Spending an extra 5k shards to get a HB or Rhino would be devastating.

With my roster, I am able to get shards fast enough that a 6* feature crystal may make sense (I don't but do only open 5* features). If I hit, that's great but if I miss I'm not holding my account back. At my level, there are so few champs that would actually help my roster that separating champs into a few tiers makes sense. People with bad rosters just want more champs.

To a some people a Big Mac is amazing, to most people a Big Mac is garbage that you sometimes have to eat when there are no other options.

You just don't get it. You are capable of opening a featured 6*, but it would probably take someone at your level about a year to get 15k shards. It would be silly for someone at your level to spend 15k shards on a featured, regardless of what you got. And if someone at your level did, getting a garbage champ would be sooo much worse than someone at my level. Getting a good L1 6* champ so someone at you spot in the game would be game changing. Hell, even getting a Storm for someone at your level would be a boost to your roster. Spending an extra 5k shards to get a HB or Rhino would be devastating.

With my roster, I am able to get shards fast enough that a 6* feature crystal may make sense (I don't but do only open 5* features). If I hit, that's great but if I miss I'm not holding my account back. At my level, there are so few champs that would actually help my roster that separating champs into a few tiers makes sense. People with bad rosters just want more champs.

To a some people a Big Mac is amazing, to most people a Big Mac is garbage that you sometimes have to eat when there are no other options.

Someone at my level. Hmm. Interesting assessment there. You do realize 6* Shards are much more available now than when they were released, right?

That would be depressing... The last thing I would want is another 4 months of grinding for a DPX dupe... Mine is being incredibly useful riding the bench and keeping my 6* IF, YJ and Beast company.

I wouldn't necessarily say I would Grind for it. They fall where they fall. Awakening him would at least make him more useful.
    edited November 2018

Someone at my level. Hmm. Interesting assessment there. You do realize 6* Shards are much more available now than when they were released, right?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. How many 6* do you have and how many shards do you currently have? Also hoe may 5* R5s and R4s do you have?

I wouldn't necessarily say I would Grind for it. They fall where they fall. Awakening him would at least make him more useful.

I keep telling myself that he's probably on the top of the mutant list for a buff... But then I remember about Colossus and Magneto...

Please correct me if I'm wrong. How many 6* do you have and how many shards do you currently have? Also hoe may 5* R5s and R4s do you have?

What does R4s and R5s have to do with it?
    I've been collecting Shards for about a month, and I'm close to halfway to a 6*. The basic amount would be the 2500 from UC, and that would only take 6 months, not a year. Also, count in Dups and the Arenas.

I've been collecting Shards for about a month, and I'm close to halfway to a 6*. The basic amount would be the 2500 from UC, and that would only take 6 months, not a year. Also, count in Dups and the Arenas.

It matters to determine how any L1 6* would change you roster. For someone at your level ANY 6* would be an improvement to your roster, which was my point. You're not even at your first 6* yet are talking to someone with 9 about how useful a this new pool is. And 6* shards have been available for over a year now, so my assessment of it taking you over a year to get 15K is accurate.

Please save up all your shards and go for one of these featured crystals and let us know how that goes.

It matters to determine how any L1 6* would change you roster. For someone at your level ANY 6* would be an improvement to your roster, which was my point. You're not even at your first 6* yet are talking to someone with 9 about how useful a this new pool is. And 6* shards have been available for over a year now, so my assessment of it taking you over a year to get 15K is accurate.

Please save up all your shards and go for one of these featured crystals and let us know how that goes.

It doesn't matter where I'm at. I've had the same attitude throughout, and will continue to. There is way too much closed-minded judgment towards Champs in general. I would almost call it blindness. If it's not on a very short list, people think it's trash. The problem is, that short list makes being disappointed inevitable. "This is trash, that's trash.". They don't even stop to find a use, they just roll their eyes at them.
    You have 9, and that's good work. Congrats. However, I would feel the same if I had 20. They can't all be God Tier, and Champs are more useful than people give credit.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    xk97nk4zckhp.png
    True, if someone (like the person in the attached image) has a decent 6* roster already, this new batch really doesn't add much, and in fact, the basic pool is much more attractive as they can at least dupe more of the decent ones already present.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★

It doesn't matter where I'm at. I've had the same attitude throughout, and will continue to. There is way too much closed-minded judgment towards Champs in general. I would almost call it blindness. If it's not on a very short list, people think it's trash. The problem is, that short list makes being disappointed inevitable. "This is trash, that's trash.". They don't even stop to find a use, they just roll their eyes at them.
    You have 9, and that's good work. Congrats. However, I would feel the same if I had 20. They can't all be God Tier, and Champs are more useful than people give credit.

Yes, I agree that all champs have value to some varying degree, and their worth is always relative to other champs or to the player themselves.

It does matter where a person is and every post you make in threads about end game content further proves it. You just don't understand and clearly never will.

It does matter where a person is and every post you make in threads about end game content further proves it. You just don't understand and clearly never will.

I'm sorry, is this a Post about End-Game content, or the Featured 6*?
    If you could just stick to the topic instead of trying to Ego me out, we could have a conversation. Probably best to just agree to disagree.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    This is an absurd conversation honestly denying just truth for this games model.

1. A post about a featured 6* is a post about endgame rewards(and therefore content)as those are the people this crystal is aimed at whether you like it or not. If you can’t create the crystal in the time it is available then you aren’t the target audience whether you like it or not.

2. Yes there are god tier champs. The champs that fall there for you may vary based on your play style but in truth there are only so many types/usefulness for champs and there are champs that are designed better for current game meta and some champs are just way better at than others whether it be raw damage/DoT/Regen/power control/utility.
    Some champs have a little of all but even then the effectiveness of those champs is tiered as well. This also mean there are garbage champs that don’t add to your team.

Sometimes this isn’t true because just there level helps you but that doesn’t mean they aren’t still garbage(lower/lowest quality) because they will quickly be overshadowed by any champ at that level and be replaced as quick as possible.

3. This is by design and to deny that there are garbage champs and the champs are tiered is to deny that this is an rng looter game. This will always be the case in this model. You need a carrot on a stick for people to chase in order to improve and that line keeps moving. That’s why the old champs are starting to get overshadowed heavily and why they did the 12.0 need when they did.

At some point your roster will always reach a place where champs you pull don’t increase the effectiveness of your top team as gauged by your ability to clear difficult content without pots/revives. If you like champs for fun and to play around with that’s cool but that doesn’t change the fact that some champs are way better/more effective/more efficient/offer more utility than others at any given moment.

4. This crystal has gods and garbage in it. It’s by design as an rng game is design to act like a slot machine and act on the same tendencies as gambling to generate lows and highs and keep people coming back. It’s necessary to actually keep the game fun and give everyone something to strive for.

It’s sucks sometimes but honestly would we keep playing if every crystal was giving us the same quality champ with a different skin.

• Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Most people with 6* are end game or near end game players, some to half of the champs in there will probably be benched because they are useless in the current status of mcoc

If you could just stick to the topic instead of trying to Ego me out, we could have a conversation. Probably best to just agree to disagree.

I thought it would be obvious to a player who has yet to get their first 6* champ after playing the game for over three years that 6* featured crystals were for end game players. Assuming you would understand that basic concept was my mistake and I apologize.

Nice strawman BTW!

I thought it would be obvious to a player who has yet to get their first 6* champ after playing the game for over three years that 6* featured crystals were for end game players. Assuming you would understand that basic concept was my mistake and I apologize.

Nice strawman BTW!

My choice to focus mainly on the Arena until recently has nothing to do with the discussion, and yet you still feel the need to try and belittle where I'm at in the game. Your efforts are persistent, to say the least.
    6* Featured Crystals are for anyone who has 15k Shards. I would also suggest looking up Strawman Theory.