**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So... Guy with skateboard...

Comments

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    I was hoping for professor x. His special 3 would be running his opponent over with his wheelchair
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    If Night thrasher is in the comic they might add Outlaw, the British Punisher! My favorite character is punisher btw
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    This new guy is disappointing. He looks like a Batman cosplayer who likes to skateboard.

You haven't even played him yet. WTH

This is what throws me back, we haven't even seen them in action yet or used them. Reminds me of GP. People scoffed at her. Now she's Top Tier.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Savio444 wrote: »
    sxfq2d75qgy9.jpeg
    I think he looks awesome. They both do and I enjoy seeing the new champs they bring in each month, it’s always exciting.

Till you realize that 3 mons or more the champions will be added to basic lol
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    So.... The new champ is a guy with a skateboard.

Is Kabam so out of ideas, they are not trying?

Here is a few ideas for the future...
    1. Chef with a frying pan
    2. Office drone with a stapler and dry erase markers
    3. Crossing guard with enchanted stop sign.
    4. Coffee shop barista that throws hot coffee
    5. A milkman that throws explosive bottles of milk
    6. Pastepot Pete.

This new guy is disappointing. He looks like a Batman cosplayer who likes to skateboard.

Bro have you met squirrel girl 😂😂😂
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    There’s a guy with a magic crowbar that basically makes him a low tier Thor without god powers

Now are you REALLY gonna gonna complain? We could did up OG DRAX if you REALLY want obscure. Or maybe Moondragon? Lord who legitimately knew about GotG before the movie or the game?

They pulled out Bishop and Howard the Duck! And GWENPOOL who technically no longer exists in the marvel multiverse in any way due to her story ending with… her story ending. She broke the 4th wall INTO HER OWN OBSCURITY! She essentially faded into the background like what these 2 did. The only difference is that Gwenpool made some people cry at her ending and these guys are basically the 90’s given life in comic book form
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

They pulled out Bishop and Howard the Duck! And GWENPOOL who technically no longer exists in the marvel multiverse in any way due to her story ending with… her story ending. She broke the 4th wall INTO HER OWN OBSCURITY! She essentially faded into the background like what these 2 did. The only difference is that Gwenpool made some people cry at her ending and these guys are basically the 90’s given life in comic book form
    Bishop is essential to many of the top X-men storylines, not sure what you’re talking about when it comes to him. And the GotG were one of my favorite teams before the movie even came out. Die hard fans love when the lesser known characters are represented in other media.
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    edited December 2018
    Is ok for me. Even street fighter Yun And Yang. Guy with skateboard also. That's cool
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Vger wrote: »
    OP....I'm right with you man. That Crossing Guard with the Enchanted Stop Sign sounds fresh. Looking forward to it.

I do know that Night Thrasher's main weakness is throwing a pebble under his skateboard wheel.

Don't forget his nemesis, Sandpit Man!
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »
    sxfq2d75qgy9.jpeg
    I think he looks awesome. They both do and I enjoy seeing the new champs they bring in each month, it’s always exciting.

Till you realize that 3 mons or more the champions will be added to basic lol
    Is that meant to be a bad thing?
  • Blasthammer4Blasthammer4 Posts: 48
    So.... The new champ is a guy with a skateboard.

Is Kabam so out of ideas, they are not trying?

Here is a few ideas for the future...
    1. Chef with a frying pan
    2. Office drone with a stapler and dry erase markers
    3. Crossing guard with enchanted stop sign.
    4. Coffee shop barista that throws hot coffee
    5. A milkman that throws explosive bottles of milk
    6. Pastepot Pete.

Made my day xD, keep it up
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    in his bi-o he's been whisked into the future by the collector to the contest
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    All I meant is that Bishop hasn’t exactly been around lately. Even Onega Red has been relevant. They still have a following but you rarely see them these days
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I have no issues with him being added, I just think his original creation was very clearly driven by some exec who stormed into the artist's office and said something like, "Skateboarding is so hip with the cool kids right now, we need a hero with skateboarding powers, make it happen!"
  • NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 536 ★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    The same people complaining about the new champ will be upset when they can’t pull him from a crystal

Because at the end of it, the "skin" of the champ becomes irrelevant and the only important aspect of a new champ is their utility or their rarity.

The new champ could be Professor X, but if everyone is given a 5* version and he has no useful utility then he's just another Kamala Kahn. How would Kabam profit from that?

Maybe if you’re not a true marvel fan. His design looks awesome. As well as Darkhawk’s. The time and effort they put into “skins” is well worth it. I use champs people find to be useless because I love the design of the champ both in the way they look and the way the champs fight (ex. Howard the Duck). Keep up the great work with champ creation kabam!

I completely agree! I love my Maxed Out Masacre because his Design is superb! As well as he is one of the most unique champions IMO. I love that Kabam brings in cool and unheard of champs. It makes things more interesting and fundamental. Good job Kabam!
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    I love Night Thrasher but wish they would have kept with his original badass costume design with the billy blubs and armor, instead of trench coat and skateboard personally.
  • thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
    edited December 2018
    Hey All,

Thanks for the feedback, and some laughs! Remember, the Marvel Universe has thousands of different characters, and many of them have different meaning to different people.

Sometimes, we dig into the more obscure Characters, and they won't always resonate with everybody (I wish I could dig up the thread from when we introduced Hyperion and Howard...).

There are so many Summoners out there, and just because these Characters might not be ones that you desired, doesn't mean that somebody else isn't excited to finally get to play as a Character that they really like.

Additionally, the Battlerealm has an extensive history, and a growing future, and some characters are more important than others in the story of the Battlerealm. Night Thrasher, for instance, was transported to the Contest of Champions moments before his death at the event that set off the Marvel Civil War. The panels depicting this in the Contest of Champions Comic series are posted above.

So.... 5400+ characters and we get a Postmates delivery boy who skateboards?

Pastepot Pete Definatly would of had more fans.

Or Cosmo the dog.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    he looks like the red hood
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    So am I the only one wondering why he’s skill and not tech when it constantly specifies he uses gadgets and a skateboard for all his abilities? You know kinda like how everyone thought GG was going to be science but he’s tech because of all the gadgets he uses?
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    cx23433 wrote: »
    he looks like the red hood

How?
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    So am I the only one wondering why he’s skill and not tech when it constantly specifies he uses gadgets and a skateboard for all his abilities? You know kinda like how everyone thought GG was going to be science but he’s tech because of all the gadgets he uses?

Classes are very arbitrary in this game especially when it comes to tech.

Most definitely

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

Riding a skate board is hard! Can't do it without skill.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Classes are very arbitrary in this game especially when it comes to tech.

Yeah I know. But that doesn’t stop people from commenting about it. Just expected it I guess.
    So I saw this on the MCOC news segment, shout out to RichtheMan, and felt compelled to make my 1st post on the Kabam Forums.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Night Thrasher, my favorite comic book hero of all time is Darkhawk. I own all his comics and I just wanna say, I couldn't be more excited and happy Kabam has added him to the game. It's almost impossible to find Darkhawk in any games, comics or movies.

Just because you may not have heard about the characters, you dont need to bash on them or Kabam.... my advice to you, go read more comics.

When I first downloaded this game with my friends 3 years ago, I said," wouldn't it be cool if Darkhawk were added to the game".... my friends immediatly started laughing..."hes not well known, he will never get added into MCOC" they said.

Kudos to Kabam for making my silly dream a reality. Keep up the good work guys.

That’s awesome. This is why the team adds champs from every facet whether they’re well known or not. I’m glad you got your favorite character added to the game. Warpath is one of my favorite champs and I’m waiting for him to be added. Hopefully they will add him soon, too!