**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam monetizing Gold- SMH

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
I understand that gold is really available in arena. But not everyone can put up those numbers to get gold.
I understand that Kabam has put in gold into the dungeons, upped gold drops with uncollected battle chip and uncollected gold crystals.
But, what about those players who cannot grind arena everyday, but have the skills to compete in the upper tiers and end game content. Where are we supposed to get our gold?

Oh, i know. Lets make up a champion called Goldpool and sell gold and a really low chance to get a useless champ.
Oh, lets also sell gold, uncollected and gold crystals too. I think its so stupid that i have this 6* morningstar i cant rank cuz i ran out of gold. I can barley keep up with donations and rank champs at the same time.

kabam said they'd increase gold, and they have. but to be honest it isnt enough to make a huge difference.

Oh and Ultrons assault. Great quest, even though its a clear money grab. Like why else would you have stun immune, and opponent gains stacks of fury every second lol

Comments

• Rixob wrote: »
    I understand that gold is really available in arena. But not everyone can put up those numbers to get gold.
    I understand that Kabam has put in gold into the dungeons, upped gold drops with uncollected battle chip and uncollected gold crystals.
    But, what about those players who cannot grind arena everyday, but have the skills to compete in the upper tiers and end game content. Where are we supposed to get our gold?

What about the players who can grind arena, but can't complete the higher end content or get into a high tier alliance? Where are they supposed to get the higher rank up materials to spend the gold on?
    Oh and Ultrons assault. Great quest, even though its a clear money grab. Like why else would you have stun immune, and opponent gains stacks of fury every second lol

It isn't grabbing your money because it doesn't have an expiration date. You are throwing money at it if you choose to spend money, and that's your choice. You could instead wait to get stronger before attempting it. Someone spending a ton on Variant and claiming it is a cash grab is like someone taking on RoL in their first week and claiming it is a cash grab.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    I love egging you on @DNA3000 lol
    But no come on, go look at some of the nodes. Degen nodes are absolutely unnecessary and you know it.
    Did you complete variant? I'd love to see your account.
    Also, patience is def important in this game, but who are we kidding lol we know everyone wants to do stuff right away.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »

I've used 200 units worth of items to explore Chapter 1 and 2. I've used around 500 for Chapter 3.1 exploration, that's on me for not respecting Chapter 3's difficulty. You can't expect to clear all of Chapter 3's paths with 0 item use.
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    So there was already a way to get gold for free (arena)... they added a new way to get gold (dungeons)... they increased the gold you get from arena... and you’re complaining about a unit purchase gold crystal?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    So you don’t want to put time or money into the game but expect to get resources? I rarely grind arena and I always over 3mil gold
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    So you don't want to do the work but still expect the rewards? The outlets to get gold are already available in game, I don't have time or I don't want to isn't actually valid reasoning to exempt arena as a reasonable place to get gold from. This game is all about time vs money, if you don't want to put in the time than you're going to have to spend money or units on crystals to get what you want.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    It's a real good thing we are getting Halls of Fortune
  • HeretodieHeretodie Posts: 126
    Kabam s half way through my post... anyways for those complaining about gold, I earn a few hundred thousand a week in just bottom feeding the first 3 milestones of the arenas.

Another way is to work out trade deals will alliance mates who are grinders, pay their loyalty and keep your gold. Or just plain don’t rank **** hero’s for the sake of ranking and farm WS in ROL for 1700k a fight while you farm health lots. Lots of easy options for players with minimal effort
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Halls of Fortune can't come soon enough! I HATE grinding arena for gold.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

So.... You have time to compete in upper tiers and end game content.. But don't wanna grind arena everyday... And you're complaining that you cannot get gold?
    Oh, i know. Lets make up a champion called Goldpool and sell gold and a really low chance to get a useless champ.
    Oh, lets also sell gold, uncollected and gold crystals too.

Selling gold like all other limited resources that lazy people like you don't want to spend time to grind for? Why not?
    I think its so stupid that i have this 6* morningstar i cant rank cuz i ran out of gold. I can barley keep up with donations and rank champs at the same time.

Yeah. I think it's stupid too. A solution.. Maybe play a lower map?
    kabam said they'd increase gold, and they have. but to be honest it isnt enough to make a huge difference./quote]

It made a huge difference. Just not to you because YOU don't want to put in the effort to get it.

Cause good players intercept as well as they parry. Money grab? LOL. Not all content that YOU cannot clear is a money grab.

Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    So you don’t want to put time or money into the game but expect to get resources? I rarely grind arena and I always over 3mil gold

everyone is at different stages in the game sir. i have no idea what your account looks like
    @DNA3000
    bro you have got some serious time on your hands lol
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    @xNig hey there, take it easy my friend. no need to say run a lower map or get better at intercepting lol.
    i promise you skill isnt the issue here sir. and i have friends who donate my gold for me lol so running a lower map isnt happening. and of course i dont wanna grind arena everyday, i dont have the time. i can only do like 2m per arena. i try i really do.

also, if you dont have anything nice to say, or any way to contribute please keep your comments to yourself. i dont want your negative energy :)

Oh, and i PROMISE i am better at this game than you :)

You yourself said everyone is at different points in this game. It sounds like, despite your boastful claims of your own skill, you still haven't gotten your head wrapped around the simple fact that plenty of people are either finding enough gold in their own ways (I rarely have issues of having too little gold for ranking up even though I don't grind arenas every day; I'm just judicious in who I choose to use my resources on) or are at a different issue than you, such as the previous suggestion that there are folks who have the gold but aren't able to get the other resources needed to rank their champs.

The game isnt' perfect, we all know this. The Forum is filled with examples of how it isn't perfect. But many, MANY more talented players than you are finding ways to make it work with the available resources. So perhaps the issue is with the player, rather than the game.
    edited December 2018
    @xNig hey there, take it easy my friend. no need to say run a lower map or get better at intercepting lol.
    i promise you skill isnt the issue here sir. and i have friends who donate my gold for me lol so running a lower map isnt happening. and of course i dont wanna grind arena everyday, i dont have the time. i can only do like 2m per arena. i try i really do.

also, if you dont have anything nice to say, or any way to contribute please keep your comments to yourself. i dont want your negative energy :)

@Rixob Here's a video of @xNig steamrolling the AW node everyone said was OP before it was nerfed. Do you have a video of your playing to support your claim?

https://youtu.be/Rc7yWc4-8Bg

Still waiting for you to respond to my Variant comment, it hasn't been a cash grab for me and some other players I've talked to.
    Haha. Thanks bro.

Tbh now that I watched it again, I think it's just average =X
    xNig wrote: »
    Haha. Thanks bro.

Tbh now that I watched it again, I think it's just average =X

Waiting for my comment to come back from review land lol. Takes skill to execute that strategy over and over without making a mistake.
  • PFunkPFunk Posts: 111
    Gold really isn’t an issue as long as you manage your resources properly. Just spending even a little time in arena to hit milestones keeps the gold flowing and your bc stash growing... I’m sitting on over 10 mill in gold and got over 300 gold crystals stashed because I don’t really need to open them right now. Just rank up champs that are useful and you’ll be fine. Also only use class iso to rank up champs and that will cut down on the cost to rank someone up as well.
  • PFunk wrote: »
    Gold really isn’t an issue as long as you manage your resources properly.

This is true to some extent, but it is almost besides the point. The primary path for progress is Gold + ISO + Catalysts + Champion = Rank up. We try to increase both the side of our roster and the strength/rank of the roster. When you have enough gold, ISO, catalysts, and a suitable champion you burn those resources to rank the champion up. But eventually you will either run out of gold, run out of catalysts, run out of ISO, or run out of champions viable to rank up. Everyone is short of something, and it is completely unavoidable that at least one of those resources will end up being a bottleneck no matter how well you manage resources. If it is not gold, it will be something else.

A really smart player doesn't burn everything, though. They keep some of their powder dry, and even when they have enough gold, ISO, catalysts, *and* decent champions to rank up they will hold just a little back in case something interesting happens in the future. They don't put themselves in a position where not only do they have a bottleneck, but that bottleneck has been drained so far down that it will take an extremely long time to replenish it to respond to an unusual future circumstance. For example, I don't spend four T2As to rank something to R4 until I have at least six. I don't like sitting at zero.
  • SuvenduSuvendu Posts: 177
    Either you invest time or money.. If cant afford either better stop complaining...

@Rixob Here's a video of @xNig steamrolling the AW node everyone said was OP before it was nerfed. Do you have a video of your playing to support your claim?

https://youtu.be/Rc7yWc4-8Bg

Still waiting for you to respond to my Variant comment, it hasn't been a cash grab for me and some other players I've talked to.

I do not care about you using your r5 Magik vs a r4 hyperion try again lol
    Lol. Whatever you say man.
    xNig wrote: »
    Lol. Whatever you say man.

Lol im just messing with you bud. its all in good fun.
    I know if i am patient and so some arena it can be done without spending(ultron assault)
    I also know that if i dont have time to do arena, i cant expect to have the massive amounts of gold grinders have.
    I just have a hard time grappling with the fact that i can compete with the best of them, i just dont spend or do arena. i have this thing where i expect things just cause i am really good at the game.
    Gotta work on that, im gonna add you in game, we can run dungeons together one day!