**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam...I Pray That This Is Not True

So Im watching a Video from A KNOWN MCoC Youtube Steamer (Who Will Remain Nameless), and He Said That Kabam Wrote Him a Letter saying that "As Soon As You Place Your Crystal in the Middle to Spin out, Your Champ Is Instantly Decided". Kabam Please tell me isnt True

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Why would it not be true? Does it really change anything for you?
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited December 2018

Because of my horrible luck in pulls i feel they will automatically give me a weak champs opposed to me getting weak champs at random rate...the weak champs is already decided for me to have.. thats how i take it
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Literally as soon as you tap as well it’s shown whether you get a new or a dupe
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    JDunk2291 wrote: »

Because of my horrible luck in pulls i feel they will automatically give me a weak champs opposed to me getting weak champs at random rate...the weak champs is already decided for me to have.. thats how i take it

What that quote means, is that when you click the open button, or place the crystal, thats when it picks the champ. If you place the crystal, force close the game, the crystal result was determined when you placed the crystal, and you will have opened it.

Its still RNG, its just the reel has no effect
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This is 100% true. It’s a random number generator. Each champion has a number and it’s just about what it lands. All games with this type of mechanism have it. This is not new news.
    edited December 2018
    So Basically even though my champ in the reel is already decided...its Still Random? So its Random that i dont have an Hyperion or an Iceman in a 4 or 5 star buts its decided that my Groot and Daredevil is maxed out lmao.. Yea That seems Totally Random...this game never ceases to amaze me
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    I hear Daredevil is good to use against darkhawk, haven't tested this myself because I don't have Daredevil
    I don't see the randomness at all especially now knowing that Champions are DECIDED instantly... its absolutely pointless to spin crystals now. I feel KABAM decides when u get a good champ. Nothing Random about it in my NEW Opinion about how things operate with this game
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I don't see the randomness at all especially now knowing that Champions are DECIDED instantly... its absolutely pointless to spin crystals now. I feel KABAM decides when u get a good champ. Nothing Random about it in my NEW Opinion about how things operate with this game

I mean it's still being randomly selected just not from the wheel. The spinning animation is nothing more then a visual thing made to trick people into buying more
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @JDunk2291 it is pointless to spin but that doesn't mean that the outcome is any less random. I feel like you are hanging on the word DECIDED as if Kabam has determined not to give you a good champ. The system randomly generates the outcome when you hit the open button or while it is on the spinner.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    It's not pointless to spin "now". It always was.
    Still your champion is randomly selected. There is absolutely no difference at all
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

The champ you get isn't decided before you open it. The champ you get is decided as soon as you tap the screen when the crystal is spinning, or if you pop open the crystal instead. That's where the randomness comes in; when opening the crystal. Not before it is opened.
  • Just dropping by to further clarify on this. Please be aware that the spinning animation does not decide which item you receive. The reward is determined before you see the first item in the reel. This is why you will receive the same Champion whether you spin to open or click the open button.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★

no, your still getting weak champs at a random rate, its just not as exiting now that you know the truth.
  • And this is EXACTLY why I stopped spinning crystals ages ago. Tap open, and save yourself those moments of 'Awww, I almost had 'X God Tier' champ.' No, no you didn't. You're gonna get whatchyah gonna get. Make peace with it.
    edited December 2018
    I noticed something today. When opening a crystal, I got a new champ. I only knew I got a new champ from the profile pic notifications. Thing is, it added a notification AFTER I tapped the crystal. Seems kinda suspicious to me.

yeah, it was decided when you spun it, but added when you clicked the crystal, think about like rapid popping them, the champ is already decided, but once you press the button, thats when they go into your roster. clicking the crstal when its spinning is literally just clicking the "open 10" button.
    EDIT: for clarification i mean like the open 10 button in that it just cuts out the animation, its literally the same as popping them but slightly snazzier.
    If the animations were realistic, then the .000001 percent chance of getting a 4-star from a PHC (OK, I know it is slightly better odds) would be wrong, because half the time there's a 4-star champ on one or both sides of the champ that was picked. The animation is designed to make you want to keep repeating the behavior, like a slot machine. Otherwise the animation wheel would show almost entirely 2-star champs with a few 3 and a rare 4 in there.

exactly, its a tactic they use to get you to buy more. i think theres a youtube video about it. probably shouldnt be calling kabam out lest they call me out if ya know what im saying lol.
This discussion has been closed.