**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank down tickets

Hey Kabam ,
Any chance of rank down tickets being available for purchase during holidays or are you giving any ? Since the players change and game changes all the time it would be nice to let players buy rank down tickets and try new champs .

Comments

• MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    You can try new champs without RDTs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Rank down tickets aren't for "trying" new champs. The game will continue to change all the time and RDT's are not a solution for that. I hope they never come back.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Rank down tickets aren't for "trying" new champs. The game will continue to change all the time and RDT's are not a solution for that. I hope they never come back.

I completely agree. RDTs are just a cheap way to get catalysts back.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    How many times are people going to ask for RDT before they realize they aren't coming back...at least not any time soon
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    First, I think RDTs are bad for the game, especially at the high end. However the game is much bigger than the players who see them as something negative for the game. Given that and the fact they were an xmas gift last year I would guess RDTs are possible before the end of the year, but I am naively holding out hope they are limited to challenger rating that locks them from being used on 5* r5 or higher.
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    MrBanks wrote: »

Then when they come out don't use them it's as simple as that.. RDTs are for mid level players who may have made a mistake ranking someone up... Us end game players have alliances to get cats easy compared to mid level players.....
    gage201205 wrote: »

Then when they come out don't use them it's as simple as that.. RDTs are for mid level players who may have made a mistake ranking someone up... Us end game players have alliances to get cats easy compared to mid level players.....

They arent for mistakes either. They were only ever for 2 things.... 12.0 nerfs and Christmas last year. The xmas ones were "just because". Not for mistakea or whatever.
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    RDT are great for the game, once a year.

Kabam continually changes the meta. Sometimes where we agree, like fewer champs Blade eats for lunch, and sometimes we disagree, like Kabam nerfing all defensive mystic champs with MD changes.

The RDT give kabam, and all players, a do over when there is some big shift.

Can we plan for those? Maybe. But see 12.0, MD, AA stun changes, etc etc.

Its annoying that there is a constant convo on RDT. But dont be so obtuse that they dont belong. If kabam never changed champ abilities, I agree. But they keep changing things we already own
    Luke208080 wrote: »
    RDT are great for the game, once a year.

Kabam continually changes the meta. Sometimes where we agree, like fewer champs Blade eats for lunch, and sometimes we disagree, like Kabam nerfing all defensive mystic champs with MD changes.

The RDT give kabam, and all players, a do over when there is some big shift.

Can we plan for those? Maybe. But see 12.0, MD, AA stun changes, etc etc.

Its annoying that there is a constant convo on RDT. But dont be so obtuse that they dont belong. If kabam never changed champ abilities, I agree. But they keep changing things we already own

Define "keep changing"? They've never changed abilities except when they've buffed champions like Red Hulk, LC, Venom and Carnage. 12.0 was a nerf of abilities and they gave us RDT's back then. Other than that, i don't recall any changes to abilities. You might be confused and meant bug fixes like AA who was stunning defenders on stun immune and that was a broken mechanic. MD was a change that everyone was asking for, we got it and then people got upset. All in all, you don't even hear anything about it anymore.

They arent for mistakes either. They were only ever for 2 things.... 12.0 nerfs and Christmas last year. The xmas ones were "just because". Not for mistakea or whatever.

Yes mistakes I had limited 5 stars when I first started Act 5 I had to rank up someone to compete with the difficulty... I didnt have a 60+ 5 star roster like I do now back then..

Yes mistakes I had limited 5 stars when I first started Act 5 I had to rank up someone to compete with the difficulty... I didnt have a 60+ 5 star roster like I do now back then..

So wait then? No one forced you to rank anyone up. Ranking to finish content isn't a mistake, its a choice. You got impatient trying to finish content. Thats on you. Not a mistake at all.

So wait then? No one forced you to rank anyone up. Ranking to finish content isn't a mistake, its a choice. You got impatient trying to finish content. Thats on you. Not a mistake at all.

You have your opinion and I have mine... Releasing RTD once a year for a Christmas present keeps the contest refreshed as the new champs come into the contest.

You have your opinion and I have mine... Releasing RTD once a year for a Christmas present keeps the contest refreshed as the new champs come into the contest.

Not really.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I think there should have been rank down tickets for the md changes
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★

Well its Christmas this year so why not.
  • as a gift in end of every year, they would be SOOO gr8, some changes happened and we deserve RDT's, even the famous YouTubers like to have them and they are high-end players, and with the variant quest, it can be really good. and mid players rank up a heal block champ for one fight like wolverine in ROL, they can have another chance of more joy with their new rank ups after that 1 fight of your account. I happen to rank up my 5* wasp to rank 4 buy an unbelievable miss click :(((( and it burned the speed of my progress to 0 for 3 months to recover 4 T2 alphas and have a game changer rank up . it wouldn't hurt the game in any way to rethink our strategy to progress the game and leave the 2018 mistakes behind lol, having a tiny opportunity to reverse the most important decision of this game would be a nice thing to have as a gift ... #prayforRDT :)
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103

Define "keep changing"? They've never changed abilities except when they've buffed champions like Red Hulk, LC, Venom and Carnage. 12.0 was a nerf of abilities and they gave us RDT's back then. Other than that, i don't recall any changes to abilities. You might be confused and meant bug fixes like AA who was stunning defenders on stun immune and that was a broken mechanic. MD was a change that everyone was asking for, we got it and then people got upset. All in all, you don't even hear anything about it anymore.

I didnt want to list all. But "bugs" that are were acknolwedged as working as intended...or not addressed for ages.... Drax, AA,

Nerf of MD or Inequity and Pure Skill broken and never fixed.

They just buffed some champs for shock immune, and venom/carnage.

Game altering interactions, like fighting Korg or Emma.

How long was modok parrying everyone like crazy, r4d then fixed? Afterward kabam realizes autoblock should parry too and we get Medusa and IMIW.

I am not saying this is all bad. But, Kabam chooses when to change champs already owned. This can be impactful. RDT once a year a fair balance.

My R4 Drax, r4d for Ultron evades, not mordo, is a lovely example. R4d him for 5.4.6 ultron, but now his dash medium double hit catching evaders I cant use in variant.

I will live. My account is fine. But to think its absurd we have a system to periodically rebalance when kabam changes the mechanics for champs we have already invested in, is itself, absurd.