**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Iceman on Thorns...

BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 β˜…β˜…
Combination of Iceman's coldsnap damage plus thorns is demoralizing madness πŸ˜”Unfortunately, I don't think I have the right champs to counter this.
How are you guys dealing with it?

Ps. I don't have Crossbones, Bishop or Hulk Rag. My Mephisto is only a 3* and my 5* Sabretooth is new and still R1.
Β«1

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,890 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2018
    ultron, regen baby, class advantage. i swear people just dont want to utilize there roster they just want to depend on blade, corvus and etc....
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 β˜…β˜…
    ultron, regen baby

My Ultron is R4 4* but I'll try him and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion.
    ultron, regen baby, class advantage. i swear people just dont want to utilize there roster they just want to depend on blade, corvus and etc....

*their.
    And how do you know he has an Ultron? He may not have one. Or not have a high rank/level one.

Precisely. Ignorant to think we all have high ranked 5* Ultron. I'm not going to be rude like him/her though.
    idk if he does and im not saying just ultron im saying use your roster see what you have and try them out and i dont have a rank 5 ultron
    edited December 2018

*their.
    And how do you know he has an Ultron? He may not have one. Or not have a high rank/level one.

Precisely. Ignorant to think we all have high ranked 5* Ultron. I'm not going to be rude like him/her though.

Telling the truth is not rude.... there are many counters. He simply suggested one

Telling the truth can be rude. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
    He assumed that I don't bother to use the rest of my roster because I'm reliant on Blade/Corvus etc. A puzzling assumption despite me mentioning what energy damage negating champs I don't have and two possible counters I do have but aren't sufficient in strength for UC.
    Furthermore, he actually edited his comment to add his thoughts on roster use, which was unnecessary. I still appreciate his suggestion though.
    ...and as suspected, my 4* R4 Ultron is far to weak to handle that coldsnap + thorns. Regen is insufficient and his attack is like throwing pebbles at an Iceman with a HP that big.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ST might still be your best bet. With KM, he can partially avoid thorns too.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,171 β˜…β˜…β˜…

*their.

Telling the truth is not rude.... there are many counters. He simply suggested one

He assumed that I don't bother to use the rest of my roster because I'm reliant on Blade/Corvus etc. A puzzling assumption despite me mentioning what energy damage negating champs I don't have and two possible counters I do have but aren't sufficient in strength for UC.
    Furthermore, he actually edited his comment to add his thoughts on roster use, which was unnecessary. I still appreciate his suggestion though.

Haven't done that path yet. But seeing this post of yours I think I'll use my GR 5 star R4 unduped and keep the regen judgement to use in a way that I can maximise the damage dealt on him earlier. Just my way of thinking. Normally I use spark for ice man, he makes it really quick
    Hamin wrote: Β»

Yeah I know. Great that I have him but sucks that I got him 2 days ago and don't have the resources to rank him up.
    if thorns is a cowardly passive damage Gulk should work

*their.

Haven't done that path yet. But seeing this post of yours I think I'll use my GR 5 star R4 unduped and keep the regen judgement to use in a way that I can maximise the damage dealt on him earlier. Just my way of thinking. Normally I use spark for ice man, he makes it really quick

That can work. My GR is only a 4* and for a 4*, that coldsnap is too much. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    if thorns is a cowardly passive damage Gulk should work

Mentioned it in my original post... no Gulk. No Bishop either (he decreases energy damage significantly if I'm not mistaken)
    Isn't thorns direct damage?

Yeah I know. Great that I have him but sucks that I got him 2 days ago and don't have the resources to rank him up.

hulk rag damn well idk then do you have yondu
    Do you have Void?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pacify mastery helps. I used SL for him. Only hit him while parry stunned and fired a L2 when I had it. Still lost about 50% health but it wasn't an issue. Just have chapter 2 Uncollected left to explore.

Do you have Void?

No Void.

Do you have Void?

No Void.

Damn.

Quake?
    Pacify mastery helps. I used SL for him. Only hit him while parry stunned and fired a L2 when I had it. Still lost about 50% health but it wasn't an issue. Just have chapter 2 Uncollected left to explore.

Your SL a 5*? Mine is a 4*. HP not sufficient.
    edited December 2018

Do you have Void?

No Void.

Damn.

Quake?

Lol No. It's okay. I realise now that I won't be completing this EQ because I lack the right champs for that lane.
    or just do have switch to another lane then go back and finish the other half
    you dont have to do the entire lane in one run
  • Corvus is perfect for that. For the first 20 hits.
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 β˜…β˜…

I can confirm that the synergy does avoid Thorns in the first hit. So to minimize damage you can do parry and only 1 hit, rinse repeat. Convert furies by idling instead of with the sp2 as you will get wrecked fast if you use specials. Save your sp3 til the end so you can convert the big boy fury.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    IMIW should minimize thorns damage since half of his hits aren’t direct damage hits. Plus he can counter cold-snap
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If you have spark he works, just use heavies
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I used sparky heavy spam was a pain