**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Darkhawk crosses the line.

Never complained about the difficulty of a node before, but the inconsistency of the darkhawk uncollected node crosses a line that it should not. While I have defeated him, the node is fundamentally unfair. On multiple occasions, the AI simply refused to launch the L2 backed me into the corner and ended the fight. No - I did not block. Yes - I sought a good intermediate distance. In the fights I am describing there was absolutely no way to prevail. To be fair, they are random but a fight with NO WAY TO PREVAIL is nothing but a time or unit grab. This will be the first uncollected ever that I’ve not completed. Kabam please do your players the courtesy of hiding the impossiblity next time.

Comments

• Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    So just have an Iceman or Luke Cage or gwenpool?
    What a joke.
  • Options
    DannyRandomDannyRandom Posts: 12
    Yep. I will snag one ASAP and post.
  • Options
    I'm gonna record on master. Follow me. It's the most ridiculous lag I've ever seen in over 4 years of this game.
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I would like to see a video of a fight in which he won't throw the special. Can you post one? In my experience in both master and uncollected he can't wait to throw it. Every run.

I can say, the OP is correct that the AI sometimes will not throw a SP 2. Asking for a video for proof is rather ignorant. It suggests that just because you do not experience a potential scenario, it simply does not exist.

It suggests that you mistrust all others unless you yourself have experienced the issue. It Is just as bad of a statement as those that post that RNG is rigged because they pulled 2 IPs. They often dismiss comments from others.

I view it as you were extremely lucky in not having a fight in which the AI refused to use their special. It happens quite often for me. I have wasted 30 secs evading and trying to bait the AI with the AI refusing to do a special. It happens even in arena regularly.

Being backed in a corner makes it more frustrating. I also feel the unblockable light and medium add to the frustration when you find yourself backed in a corner.

However, this is all part of the game. I think the OP is upset for having to spend units, which should be expected with unlocking and playing harder content. Either you need to farm revives (ahem Halls of Healing is active) or units (arena grinding).

I must say that despite the node’s difficulty, it isn’t as bad as that dreaded Iceman node we had sometime last year where the cold snap damage was insane and would kill the player in 30 secs (which Kabam rightfully toned down after player complaints).

My suggestion to the OP, use Heroic and Master DH to practice. Several say the Master version is harder then the UC one due to the AI. However, Master is easier to drop due to lower health and att.
  • Options
    Stop... just stop. This fight is 10x easier than past ones. Even if you suck at baiting, (which I've never had a problem doing against Darkhawk) you can just bring a power control champion or a champ like Luke Cage or Iceman to endure an SP 3. If lag is your problem, I get it. But if you are talking about Darkhawk himself (without lagging issues)... I'm sorry, but you are just going to have to do better, because its not the node, its you.

So post it.

And I'll post the lag and him not throwing it because it takes 3 minutes to throw one punch.
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    If he's being slow firing off his special then attack into his block to stop from getting stuck in the corner
  • Options
    Lol. A 5/65 Corvus and the rest 5* 4/55.

What device? The lag is ridiculous.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    There was definitely some randomness to the fight that was infuriaritng. It's one thing to fail because you messed up, it's another to dash back and forth for 30 seconds until you run out of room and ultimately die. Sometimes he is hitting you as soon as the controls activate, sometimes you evade the sp2 immediately and it's easy game easy life.

It's not great node design, and while it may cost you a revive or two.. it's doable, it's just not "fun and interactive" at all. I'd rather have seen him with a node that causes his modes to activate randomly every 10 seconds or something if the point was to showcase his built in abilities.

Anyway, ignore the "it's easy, just bait the special and solo him with 1* wolverine like I did" because it's just yet another fight you have to slog through rather than strategy and tactics.
  • Options
    BenibabiBenibabi Posts: 2
    I think its too damn difficult. Please
  • Options
    doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    edited December 2018
    It's perfectly doable if he throws the special. If he doesn't you got 4 more champs. If he still doesn't, you can start over.
    That said, Kabam devs have been making these local nodes sort of spectacular so that it seems that these champs will make one hell of a defender in wars and make arena scores go up.
    When one gets them, they turn out to be huge disappointments.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Guess I'll just go with he loves to throw the special...
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Stop... just stop. This fight is 10x easier than past ones. Even if you suck at baiting, (which I've never had a problem doing against Darkhawk) you can just bring a power control champion or a champ like Luke Cage or Iceman to endure an SP 3. If lag is your problem, I get it. But if you are talking about Darkhawk himself (without lagging issues)... I'm sorry, but you are just going to have to do better, because its not the node, its you.

You do know he has 90% power drain reduction, and even if you can get him to 1 bar by power draining, he'll have a fully unblockable sp1
  • Options
    StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    Baiting? Doable, although it IS a bit wonky (sometimes he's chomping at the bit to use it, sometimes he holds onto it with his shriveled little hands). Having just finished Master 100%, where I usually max every difficulty, this month can **** right off.

Autoblock is the biggest **** move I've found in this game, in my opinion. So making it that said auto-blocks are unavoidable, in the sense that he defaults to the mode which enables them, and cause direct damage with any hits that get blocked, AND making all of his basic attacks unblockable (Light, Medium and Heavy naturally is), and ensuring he heals if you last long enough to make it a fight of attrition, AND giving him better evasion chances than any other champion, AND making some of his more damaging - but technically blockable - specials ignore armor, further cranking the chip damage...

No. Not condoning this mess, even after fighting and clearing it multiple times. Infinity War Thanos was a savage challenge, and I enjoyed the feeling of overcoming his cycling ****, even when a Death Stone clip cost me full life bars. He was a larger than life enemy, and he delivered on that. And yes, I'm well aware Kabam makes the rules and comics don't matter, but there is still a sense of incongruity with Darkhawk here.

This D-lister, this finger-puppeted Super Sentai Robocop, is handed obscene and cowardly means to mow down opposition greater than the Maestro could. Greater than The Collector could. Greater than Thanos could. And his basic kit will be about one tenth this potent in our hands: challenge is one thing. This is something else.
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Yeah I just got my ass handed to me as well looking for champs other than quake who can get it done. Got him down to 36% but no more revives and I refuse to run to the store on this one. Hyperion maybe? Got a 4* r5 Sig 20. idk who else qould be particularly useful. My quake should have done the job but he has stupid little quirks to weasel out of whatever I throw at him.
  • Options
    Yeah I just got my ass handed to me as well looking for champs other than quake who can get it done. Got him down to 36% but no more revives and I refuse to run to the store on this one. Hyperion maybe? Got a 4* r5 Sig 20. idk who else qould be particularly useful. My quake should have done the job but he has stupid little quirks to weasel out of whatever I throw at him.

Any champ can beat him if you don't lag and can bait the L2. After he throws it, Parry and MLL combos. When he switches to normal mode it's a regular fight. If you don't knock him down or take him to two bars he will stay that way the rest of the fight. Just block his L1 and fight.
  • Options
    ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    Well master mode is even worse. He's much less offensive and it's so much harder to bait out attacks and get parrys
  • Options
    DannyRandomDannyRandom Posts: 12

Guess I'll just go with he loves to throw the special...

Sorry it took so long. Holidays have me living life outside the game.

https://youtu.be/_8q2GA8fas4
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Can we take a moment and say, where was that Stun during the Champion Clash? XD
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but your dash backs were WAY too far, way too many times. Its like you were trying get him to pin you. He dashed in on you like 6-7 times, & you dashed back like over 10 times. You also never bothered to hit into his block. Remember, you can hit into his block, to give yourself some more room. You can also intercept, but I understand that is pretty difficult. Have you ever fought the Unblockable Finale node? All in all, I don't think you suck, but I do think you need some more practice against Unblockable Nodes. Just my opinion.

Agree. You need to stand open. If he doesn't throw it right away hit his block, dash back once and stand open. Make yourself a target and he will throw it.
  • Options
    DERADERA Posts: 14
    I hope kabam remove null mode
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Landing the heavy is the trick.

Wasp, Juggernaut and Kingpin have the wherewithal to chain a heavy attack at the end of a combo; so they're options for intercepting and using Heavy to get him out of Null mode. On the other hand, deliberately pushing him into his Autoblock mode doesn't make it the easiest fight, either....
  • Options
    Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    edited December 2018
    Aside from the start i think its fine. With lag, and no swipe back at times makes the start of the fight all luck. Pretty frustrating honestly. Play over and over in hopes to get lucky off the start. Once the first l2 is out he’s not bad really at all. Switch him, wait out the armor timer if want or do short combos (LMM..dont knock down), punish , bait special and repeat. Havent tried since update because war, but before all luck for me to get out of the gate against him.