**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Possible Solution

RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
To AW seasons burning out ppl and causing alliances to disband.

1. Do seasons every 2 mons
2. Add rewards during off season
3. Allow season and off season rewards work together

By allowing off season and season rewards to work together this will create a balance among alliances. Also gives the option to either skip season or fight in the season.

Rewards for off season shouldnt be same as season rewards but the rewards should be good enough that the alliances who do take a break wont need to feel like they gotta play every season in order to be competitive.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome but keep it civil everyone.

Comments

• Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Great suggestions but the reality is the devs don’t really factor burnout into their content decisions. They get paid to work on the game hours upon hours per day. Their burnout tolerance is different. When people quit the game no one gives them an exit interview.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    My two suggestions to ease the burden AW puts on your resources:

1) Change AW potions/revives to a percentage number rather than a fixed one. These potions were created long before people had 5/65s and six stars.

2) Give each player a small, fixed amount of potions to start each war. Doesn't have to be a ton, but one slip up against a miniboss shouldn't cost you around $10 to recover from. Also would allow people to spend glory on rank up materials to progress their roster (an actual fun part of the game).

• Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Ye they need to either increase the rewards or make it less item reliant
  • Options
    peasantpeasant Posts: 240

By allowing off season and season rewards to work together this will create a balance among alliances. Also gives the option to either skip season or fight in the season.

Rewards for off season shouldnt be same as season rewards but the rewards should be good enough that the alliances who do take a break wont need to feel like they gotta play every season in order to be competitive.

I think everyone should have a healthy discussion on how much time should be spent on games.
    In regards to Kabam, I think the system they have for the length of AW is fine.
    Also, it's better to have an overabundance of content vs. no new content.
    Hopefully, people will realize they do not need to complete everything.
  • Options
    peasant wrote: »

I think everyone should have a healthy discussion on how much time should be spent on games.
    In regards to Kabam, I think the system they have for the length of AW is fine.
    Also, it's better to have an overabundance of content vs. no new content.
    Hopefully, people will realize they do not need to complete everything.

War season rewards is another way to obtain 6* shards if ppl cant complete UC its basically a back up plan but everyone knows in order to stay in G1 and above you gotta spend and win wars...losses are unexpectable
  • Options
    krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★

LMAO, make your own balance at how much you play this game.
    Make way for others to get ahead if you are burnt out.
  • Options
    1) Make matchmaking fair/equal
    2) Hold a single-elimination tournament for the top 6-8 AW Seasons leaderboard alliances at the end of each season
    3) Add end-game rewards to game modes outside of AW more often than Variant/Epic Challenge content

All decent suggestions, but other than the last one I don't see how it addresses burn out. You could argue that if everyone was magically matched "fairly" (defined to be where the other side has equal strength and a 50% chance to beat you at equal resource expense) that would be the most continuously stressful war sequence. And in a sense, there already is a bit of a tournament feel to the very top. Seatin's whole recent tirade about AW was about how mistakes and losses were almost unrecoverable. Single-elimination tournaments are practically the very definition of single mistakes being unrecoverable.

The last suggestion is, in a game design sense, logically equivalent to reducing the rewards for seasons - increasing their availability elsewhere has the net effect of devaluing them in seasons, because they are less necessary to pursue. Furthermore and completely independently, whenever you increase the number of different opportunities for a high value reward, you will inevitably reduce their magnitude everywhere they appear, because you have to balance for the case where players will take advantage of all of them.
  • Options

LMAO, make your own balance at how much you play this game.
    Make way for others to get ahead if you are burnt out.

Wasnt saying i am burnt out i am talking bout others. I am in many recruiting rooms and you know what they all have in common after each war???? Players leaving alliances and retiring after each season forcing many to search and fill up the spots left by those who were burnt out by war bc its a damn chore if you wanna get ahead in the game.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    All decent suggestions, but other than the last one I don't see how it addresses burn out. You could argue that if everyone was magically matched "fairly" (defined to be where the other side has equal strength and a 50% chance to beat you at equal resource expense) that would be the most continuously stressful war sequence. And in a sense, there already is a bit of a tournament feel to the very top. Seatin's whole recent tirade about AW was about how mistakes and losses were almost unrecoverable. Single-elimination tournaments are practically the very definition of single mistakes being unrecoverable.

The last suggestion is, in a game design sense, logically equivalent to reducing the rewards for seasons - increasing their availability elsewhere has the net effect of devaluing them in seasons, because they are less necessary to pursue. Furthermore and completely independently, whenever you increase the number of different opportunities for a high value reward, you will inevitably reduce their magnitude everywhere they appear, because you have to balance for the case where players will take advantage of all of them.

My suggestions weren't intended to specifically address burnout. I do think that tier 1 alliances no longer being matched against alliances rated 700+ war points less than them could help decrease burnout. I've spoken to 2-3 players this season who've finished in platinum 1 the last one or last two seasons, they're demoralized about having to have faced 3200+ war rating alliances every war for season 6.

It looks like Kabam is already starting to release additional challenges that provide end-game rewards, I'm excited for the upcoming Maze content. I agree adding end-game rewards outside of AW requires balancing end-game rewards for AW. I was referring mostly to T2AC, I see no problems with T5BC shards being mostly offered in AW Seasons.

My single-elimination tournament suggestion was intended to deal with the rampant corruption regarding matchmaking. The top 4 leaderboard alliances in season 5 did not match against each other once. That shouldn't happen. All Kabam has to do to leave matchmaking alone is get Ric Flair to say "To be the man, you have to beat the man...except in MCOC".