**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Am I an endgame player?

So I often hear people talk about endgame players and that they are an endgame player. So I was wondering am I one? I have completed act 5, I can explore uncollected each month, I haven't had a completion run in LOL but I did do ROL. I have three rank 4 5* and two 6* at rank 1. So if people could just tell me if I match the definition of endgame player or not that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    No
  • Hiug456Hiug456 Posts: 103
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Can you do Back Issues? At high difficulty? That's a good measure.

I haven't started back issues yet.
  • FugnastyFugnasty Posts: 115
    This guy end games.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Endgame player - those who have reached the end of the game and have no more static content to do (other than dailies)
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    No you aren't end game level. You are probably same level as me, done everything except 100% act 5 (never any time with work, family, AQ, war and monthly events) and lol. I completed act 5 a year ago and did rttl before that but just don't seem to be getting more done. Monthly quests are a big distraction as are war and AQ. Players who are endgame must do nothing but play this game
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    An endgame player is someone who plays the hardest content as it's released. Folks who has at least beat LOL once, all of Act 5, and can regularly beat all challenges and event quests difficulties. You don't necessarily need to spend money or have high ranked champs. You just need the skills.

Yes, because I am sure that the first 100 to finish RoL, A3 (yes, even A3 at the time!) A4, A5, Variant and LoL didn't spend. Get your head put of your donkey, son, all endgame players (completing hardest content upon release) must spend because the 500 below will take their legend title.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Yeah gotta have LOL, A5, 100% and working on Variant since it just came out recently.

All static content done or close to being done
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    You're a mid-game player: 5x5, lower Gold 1.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Op, no you’re not. That being said I don’t consider myself either. While I have everything 100% and one path through variant done. I don’t spend except for big sale days and even then it’s a modest amount (no more than $50).

Edit: I don’t think spending equals end game either. Just mentioned it to put into perspective.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    @Marri_2 no need to be insulting. You don't need to be a legend or spend money to be an end game player. There are content providers on youtube that show you that you can be an end game player without paying a cent. There is plenty of ways to mine units, potions, boosts etc without having to spend money. If you're impatient to start and spend that's not a definition of an end game player. If you don't have the skills to finish the content without spending money then your just an unskilled whale.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    @Marri_2 no need to be insulting. You don't need to be a legend or spend money to be an end game player. There are content providers on youtube that show you that you can be an end game player without paying a cent. There is plenty of ways to mine units, potions, boosts etc without having to spend money. If you're impatient to start and spend that's not a definition of an end game player. If you don't have the skills to finish the content without spending money then your just an unskilled whale.

I was not saying every endgame player spends, but I was explaining that your definition of endgame player, finishing anything upon release, is utterly impossible without spending. The Capita Ex Posterior remark might have been a bit strong, but I felt it matched the naiveté of the claim.

All those F2P guys (accounts would be more accurate) on YT have the benefit of experience on an account they did spend on. I am sure that not a single F2P player finished, say, Variant difficulty upon release. I am sure they waited for paying players to analyse the pitfalls and post a guide before they go in.

Back to the point: You are an endgame player if you are successfully playing endgame content. That means (at the moment) A5.4, LoL and Variant difficulty on Back Issues. The A5.4 marker will soon move to 6.1, I'm sure.
  • Marri_2 wrote: »

I was not saying every endgame player spends, but I was explaining that your definition of endgame player, finishing anything upon release, is utterly impossible without spending. The Capita Ex Posterior remark might have been a bit strong, but I felt it matched the naiveté of the claim.

All those F2P guys (accounts would be more accurate) on YT have the benefit of experience on an account they did spend on. I am sure that not a single F2P player finished, say, Variant difficulty upon release. I am sure they waited for paying players to analyse the pitfalls and post a guide before they go in.

Brian Grant live streamed his first run through Variant on the day of release, starting literally the moment it released. There's no way he could have had the benefit of any prior runs by anyone else. He went in cold, and because he did it live there's no way he could have faked it either. And he is as free to play as it is possible to be.
    Back to the point: You are an endgame player if you are successfully playing endgame content. That means (at the moment) A5.4, LoL and Variant difficulty on Back Issues. The A5.4 marker will soon move to 6.1, I'm sure.

In other games that refer to "end game content" and "end game players" the definition normally used is similar to this one. You're at the end game not if you've run out of things to do, but rather if the only things you are doing aren't generally considered gateways to other content. If you're doing LoL, that's end game content because there isn't anything higher than LoL that's similar to but beyond LoL. If you're working on 5.4, or even if you've completed Act 5 but haven't fully explored it yet and are just filling in exploration, you're generally considered to be doing end game content. If you are working on Variant at the moment there's nothing past that. Of course since event quests come out monthly, an end game player will still have uncollected maps coming up every month. Taking a break and not doing one for whatever reason doesn't disqualify you from being an end game player.

And yeah, I agree that when Act 6 comes out, the generally accepted mark for being an end game player will move to players that have at least completed Act 5 and are working on Act 6. I think there's a little bit of wiggle room for players that have completed but not fully explored Act 5 but are immediately making progress on Act 6. But at some point down the road, I think full explore of Act 5 will be considered mandatory to be in the same tier as other end game players.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I've explored act 5, explore every uc eq, done ROL, and am going to hit my first path of LOL after Christmas; I don't consider myself an endgame player at all. Endgame players explored act 5 as fast as it came out, have explored or are exploring variant and LOL.

I'll never be in their league and I'm perfectly content with that. I enjoy my pace and don't stress about content.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Endgame is there are no permanent quests left. If you’ve done act 5 100% variant 100%, and a few paths of LOL you are “endgame”
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    An endgame player is a player playing endgame stuff by its implicit definition.

I would consider anyone who has completed LOL 100%

And is working on variant 100% since it just came out as others have said.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    No end game player. Endgame player has all the game content 100 percent .
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Plenty of people have 100% all content
  • CapWW2 wrote: »

I've never seen that definition commonly used in any other game. Because that would be ridiculous. By that definition there's no such thing as end game content, because if you are doing it you aren't an end game player.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

By this definition, the day the Variant quest came out there were no endgame players in the game.
  • CapWW2 wrote: »

By this definition, the day the Variant quest came out there were no endgame players in the game.

By that definition, the term "end game player" is practically meaningless. Usually it is a good idea to define terms in a way that makes them useful for something.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Answer, yes. You are at the beginning of being an end game player. Once you finish LOL, the game is over for you until they release Act 6

Pay no mind to the haters