**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unbalanced difficulty curve

There needs to be some adjustments to the difficulty levels for this game. Uncollected used to be a lot more manageable earlier but has been getting more and more difficult each month with all these new champions and their extremely niche/tedious counters.

I understand that not everything is meant to be completed by everyone but there's a significant spike in difficulty from masters to recent uncollected....and even worse for uncollected to variant. Had the same problem with the special challenge (lightweight was too easy....heavy weight was insanely difficult...no middle ground)

It feels like there 's not really a lot of content available for slightly above average players who might not have the best 5* roster. You are either stuck in a rot (being unable to explore the uncollected quest and get the rewards) or have to grind the master and heroic quests for MONTHS (1 5* crystal in 4 months and no 6* shards?) to have a very slim chance to get anything good.

PS: before someone inevitable comments "get better or quit".... Not everyone is going to be the best player at this game...but that doesn't mean they don't get a content difficulty suitable to them.

Btw, I have explored 5.4, so I might consider myself to be slightly above average.

Comments

• Options
    Both Uncollected and Variant are top tier difficulty levels. They aren't intended to follow the same difficulty curve as all other content. That's deliberate: the top tier can't follow the progression tier of all lower tiers or it would be too difficult to make content appropriate to the higher tier players.

This isn't guesswork. Besides being the way it always works, Kabam discussed this briefly when they introduced Uncollected difficulty. At the time Master was the top tier difficulty for things like monthly quests, and they specifically stated that Master was a much bigger jump upward than other difficulties because it was top tier, and because they were introducing Uncollected as the new top tier Master difficulty would now join all other difficulty tiers on the same difficulty curve. As a result, Master difficulty was actually adjusted downward substantially when Uncollected was introduced.

Also, lots of people ask for a "middle ground." There's only four difficulty tiers. *Everyone* is between them. Almost no one magically has just the right skills and roster to perfectly match the difficulty of one of the tiers. You're supposed to work through them, not aim for one of them. You might think there's a lot of "you" that want a difficulty between master and uncollected, but the problem is all of "you" want *different* difficulties between master and uncollected.
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I don't think uncollected is too high tier.

Anyone can make like 300 units or so in arena each week. And that's pretty much what takes you to pass through uncollected when you have some good 5 stars champs at least at R3 or some good 4 stars champ full ranked up.

At least that was for me when I first went for uncollected, I never invested money on it, if I got stuck, I just did more arena, those units just will come.

Variant and the new mission (maze, I believe), those are actually hard and I myself wouldn't try to go for them, but that doesn't frustrates me, I'm just not at that level yet, just like 6 months ago I wasn't in uncollected level and now I can go through it with no spending resources what so ever.

Stop complaining about the level you're not in, and focus in the level you are and what can you do to improve it.
  • Options
    Cartoon217Cartoon217 Posts: 23
    But should the difficulty for Uncollected not stay at a similar level to what it was earlier? My top champions have been exactly the same as they were 5-6 months ago (opened up a lot of 5* and 3 6* crystals, didn't get anything good). I don't mind it when some uncollected events are more challenging than others, but there is a trend of it getting more difficult each month which is not right as the rooster progression is random.

How is one supposed to progress without the rewards that are locked to these difficulties?
  • Options
    Cartoon217 wrote: »
    But should the difficulty for Uncollected not stay at a similar level to what it was earlier? My top champions have been exactly the same as they were 5-6 months ago (opened up a lot of 5* and 3 6* crystals, didn't get anything good). I don't mind it when some uncollected events are more challenging than others, but there is a trend of it getting more difficult each month which is not right as the rooster progression is random.

How is one supposed to progress without the rewards that are locked to these difficulties?

How did anyone progress before those rewards even existed?

I don't think difficulty has been increasing every month. You might disagree, but if I was the developer, how could I possibly fix your problem, when I have no evidence it even exists, and the only way to address it would be to progressively make the game increasingly easier until it became boring for everyone else that doesn't perceive the difficulty to be constantly increasing?
  • Options
    JarekJarek Posts: 64
    i was about to post same topic, difficulty on uncollected raised a lot. Rewards for master stops you from progressing while rewards for uc increase the gap between medium/good players and 'nolifes'. I almost stopped getting 6* shards and getting now 1-2 5* crystals monthly. T2a or t5b goes crazy slowly. I have no champs to rank up and all of this is becoming more and more frustrating. Cant complete uc for a long time while i always could with the usage of units. Its very unbalanced now.
  • Options
    skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    edited December 2018

You are correct, uncollected has been getting more difficult since thanos, or at least boss fights have. How else do I explain that b4 thanos I'd 100% everyone since the first but after thanos I've only done 100% in half, as I decided certain bosses were to hard for the effort, cost, rewards. This month it's hard to tell as it's the lag that's the issue for many on certain devices, but overall imo it's definitely getting harder so rewards need to increase to match this
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    I'm curious, since I'm not uncollected yet, in what way do you feel the difficulty has changed the most?
    I can only try to judge from Master difficulty, where I find the biggest increase in difficulty is that each boss has a particular challenge, which is more specific and is best countered with a few alternatives. Meaning that if you have the right champ to counter the boss the fight is very manageable, but if you don't have the right type of champ it's much more difficult.
    It demands a more diverse roster, which uses up a lot of resources to rank up. And, some champs I still haven't had the luck to pull. The good thing about this as I see it, is that there isn't a universal way to beat all bosses, you have to bring different heroes to the starting line for each quest.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    yea kinda, but not entirely. no matter who you get for dk, if he start rushing at you without sp2 at start very often he will reach you and kill within first 3 seconds even if you backing out
  • Options
    King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    They are so many games out there and all are fun to play without difficulty rising every month.Making games enjoyable doesn't means make it more difficult.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I'm curious, since I'm not uncollected yet, in what way do you feel the difficulty has changed the most? .

you can write, so I believe you can read the thread. from one nodded path we came to all nodded path except one. then we get path nodded with buff which was removed from aw because of being too difficult. all without any increase in rewards
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    King363672 wrote: »
    They are so many games out there and all are fun to play without difficulty rising every month.Making games enjoyable doesn't means make it more difficult.

could you please name some? that could've help me a lot
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »

How did anyone progress before those rewards even existed?

I don't think difficulty has been increasing every month. You might disagree, but if I was the developer, how could I possibly fix your problem, when I have no evidence it even exists, and the only way to address it would be to progressively make the game increasingly easier until it became boring for everyone else that doesn't perceive the difficulty to be constantly increasing?

Before uncollected we progressed at a snail's pace... about 2 r4 5* champions in 2 years...that too by completing the story quests (which are not repeatable).

And you are completely missing the point here. No one's asking them to make uncollected easier each month, It should remain at a similar level and not get progressively more difficult each month. They should just add an added level of difficulty for end game players (which they already are).

one noded path in modok's EQ to one unnoded path in current EQ. Is that enough proof for you to see a progressively increasing difficulty?
  • Options
    I'm curious, since I'm not uncollected yet, in what way do you feel the difficulty has changed the most?
    I can only try to judge from Master difficulty, where I find the biggest increase in difficulty is that each boss has a particular challenge, which is more specific and is best countered with a few alternatives. Meaning that if you have the right champ to counter the boss the fight is very manageable, but if you don't have the right type of champ it's much more difficult.
    It demands a more diverse roster, which uses up a lot of resources to rank up. And, some champs I still haven't had the luck to pull. The good thing about this as I see it, is that there isn't a universal way to beat all bosses, you have to bring different heroes to the starting line for each quest.

r4/r5 4* characters should be enough for master mode. But you ideally need a r4 5* characters for final chapters of uncollected. You don't have enough resources in the game to allow you to bring a different r4 character each month. My R4 crossbones was good against 1st uncollected modok, but has been utterly useless ever since. And now i won't be able to get resources to upgrade a different champion (for which i don't have any realistic options anyways) because I can't finish uncollected without spending 100s of units each month.

And as someone has already pointed out the uncollected quests went from 1 noded path to one unnoded path over time but most people's roster didn't.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Throughout the course of this year my roster went from maybe 3 r4 5* to 2 r5 and 5 r4 5*s and 4 6*s.
    So I'd say my account (not a whale but do spend on deals i think are worth it) has grown rather well. There has maybe been 2 months this year I didnt 100% UC first was void 2nd was emma frost.
    Personally I like the trend they have shifted the difficulty more towards the final boss and away from the paths. Now they are adding some of the difficulty to the paths again. Do i like thorns Not at all cost me a few team revives but was it impossible far from it.
  • Options
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Throughout the course of this year my roster went from maybe 3 r4 5* to 2 r5 and 5 r4 5*s and 4 6*s.
    So I'd say my account (not a whale but do spend on deals i think are worth it) has grown rather well. There has maybe been 2 months this year I didnt 100% UC first was void 2nd was emma frost.
    Personally I like the trend they have shifted the difficulty more towards the final boss and away from the paths. Now they are adding some of the difficulty to the paths again. Do i like thorns Not at all cost me a few team revives but was it impossible far from it.

And what if some one has just completed 5.2 and this will be his 1st uncollected EQ?
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »

And what if some one has just completed 5.2 and this will be his 1st uncollected EQ?

I mean considering my first UC month was ice Phoenix (didnt even try)
    And my 2nd months attempt was voids month also didn't 100%.
    I'd say give it a try and keep trying each month even just completion. Which is why their is an unnoded path.

I also generally will try what i perceive to be the hardest path on my 2nd attempt of any map just to feel out how hard a month its gonna be for me.
    Those new people just beating 5.2 also are doing it with multiple 5*s where as when I did it last year December I only had a few r5/50 4* and a single 5*
    Being Sw, YJ, Ultron, SIM 5* r2 and NC r4/40
  • Options
    monthly event shouldnt get harder each month, its should stay where it started. Thats the source for progression for majority who are uncollected or trying to be. Nolife players got wars/seasons with propher rewards + high end content as well. Now for fiirst 4 difficulty levels you aint getting anything that helps you to grow and uc went to absurd comparing to what it suppose to be at start. It took away my only chance for progress and actually I'm finding hard to enjoy game where i can complete worthless master. Ofc theres as well aq/aw but fun is not really there with the same roster for months. Last pull worthy anything higher than r3 (5*) had 1 year ago or so... wheres the fun really?
  • Options
    one noded path in modok's EQ to one unnoded path in current EQ. Is that enough proof for you to see a progressively increasing difficulty?

No it is not. It implies that this month is likely to be harder than the first month of uncollected. It does not in any way demonstrate that uncollected difficulty has been getting progressively more difficult in every single month.

This is especially true when most of the difficulty hurdle to completing any of the monthly quests has been in defeating either the boss or a particularly difficult miniboss on the map. While the buffed paths due contribute to uncollected map difficulty they are a small component of that difficulty. A map with an easy boss and five linked paths is vastly easier than a map with a hard boss and one linked path.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 difficulty was raising up one wayvor another, guy is right, stop being smartass
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Aleor wrote: »
    I'm curious, since I'm not uncollected yet, in what way do you feel the difficulty has changed the most? .

you can write, so I believe you can read the thread. from one nodded path we came to all nodded path except one. then we get path nodded with buff which was removed from aw because of being too difficult. all without any increase in rewards

that is true im uncollected and i seen that change
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Depends on where you are in the game I suppose. End game rosters grow much faster than difficulty. It is rare to even spend a revive on uncollected if you plan carefully and watch YouTube vids. I do easier difficulties first to master evades and techniques first. * I did get caught out by the horrible die at start of darkhawk fight bug, but I just used a different champ. As that fight was about skill with a 5* r4 healthpool champ to absorb parry damage.

I think the fights are tough but now rely more on skill than only one champ.

Varient is harder as is 100% LOL. But when you get 3 or 4 5/65 champs you want tougher content to make it more interesting. I like the demands of the maze as it tests a large roster and high level champs but think rewards should be way better ( like 3x more at least) and it should be permanent so all summoners can play it when they are ready.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Jarek wrote: »
    @DNA3000 difficulty was raising up one wayvor another, guy is right, stop being smartass

No, it isn't. If you ask people what the hardest uncollected quest was it's all over the map. Where is the evidence that it's getting harder every month?
  • Options
    you must be really limited to ask for evidence

End game rosters grow much faster than difficulty

@Str agree 100% and that is wrong and should change, it only widens the gap between med/good and top. Ofc nolifes should progress faster... but not 5x faster then shout for harder content, this is totally wrong in mcoc now and its getting worse.
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Doing more of those 2*and 3* challenges to get 5* shards was a nice idea. It can be tough fights but most people will have the champs to take part and this get rewards. It would help newer players to put a little t4c and t2a in there to help get their first 5* r4s
  • Options
    Jarek wrote: »
    you must be really limited to ask for evidence

End game rosters grow much faster than difficulty

@Str agree 100% and that is wrong and should change, it only widens the gap between med/good and top. Ofc nolifes should progress faster... but not 5x faster then shout for harder content, this is totally wrong in mcoc now and its getting worse.

LMFAO I must be limited to ask for evidence that uncollected is harder each month? How would that make me limited? Because of course it must be true? I have done every Uncollected quest 100% that has ever existed. I have spent units on some (never real money). But my progression is limited by never pulling new champs so I haven't grown enough from month to month to outprogress this alleged monthly progression. And I see no evidence that it is getting harder every month. No one in my alliance is complaining. People on chats that I am on aren't posting. It hasn't become harder for me. People on the forurm have been conflicted on the subject. Clearly you are not as limited as I, so humor me in my deficiency... Where is your evidence that it is getting harder each month?
  • Options
    HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    I think they should scale down the bosses at master (they are buffed as in Uncollected, they only have less HP), scale down Uncollected a little, as said above, and create a Elder Bane difficulty (to give those end game players that have good skills and rosters and cruise through Uncollected each month a challenge).
  • Options
    I think they should scale down the bosses at master (they are buffed as in Uncollected, they only have less HP), scale down Uncollected a little, as said above, and create a Elder Bane difficulty (to give those end game players that have good skills and rosters and cruise through Uncollected each month a challenge).

I’d be sort of ok with this. Don’t want easier uncollected but if the rewards are better for an additional level I could just run fewer lower quests.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    what hes saying is uncollected use to have one path that was noded now it has all paths but one that is noded, and that is true.