**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mystery item [Merged Threads]

15678911»

Comments

• RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    This is the gift you get when your Secret Santa forgot to shop for you and runs across the street to the convenient store to buy the first passable thing they see.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    The calendars really took a step back from last year. Oh well 365 days left to see the same rewards next year.
    The calendars really took a step back from last year. Oh well 365 days left to see the same rewards next year.
    VulcanM wrote: »
    sbdjdk wrote: »
    hear that kabam? the people who didnt read the ingame mail are mad that they got 5 lesser gifting crystals despite being told about it in the mail. cant believe youd pull a fast one on us like that, getting everyones hopes up and then shooting them down.
    When we’re we told about it, do you have a screenshot. Can’t believe myself, my alliance and the community missed it

nah i cant go back to find it. the "read" section was filled with recieved gifts so they deleted some messages automatically.

Convenient, because im looking back at my Alt, and unless they posted it mid november, there aint jack about it.

i know right? super convenient that i cant find it.
    That’s ok I have it for you.
    av3wqsc6g0t4.jpeg

Same gift as last year, btw. There was also a thread on it. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/110001/mail-says-gifting-crystal-on-the-december-calendar#latest

Thanks for the giggle.

Let me circle where it says that we’re getting gifting crystals on the 25th.

Edit: never mind, it wasn’t stated in that message. OOPS.

But if it helps, your post proved Mikes post about ?ing it out because it’d give away the event wrong. Since they stated we’re getting gifting crystals anyway, so thanks for that.
    Given they state gifting crystals are on the calendar and they do not appear anywhere on that calendar there is only one spot left for them to be. Lawl. And again it was the same gift as last year.

Here are the two past years for comparison.8y9brtr7oeca.jpeg
    kwvm4x1i135i.png

Yes and last year the whole community thought the December calendar was weak and out of touch with where we are in the game. It was a let down last year and they just added a t4c this year which doesn't help top level players and spenders who keep this game running. It's just funny to me at this point as they alienate their player base and make them angry all the time. I won't even open these not worth the effort.

To be honest, most of this forum community thinks every free thing we get is "weak". They could give a 6* crystal and most everyone would be upset it wasnt 2 or the champ they wanted. Look back on the gwenpool goes to the movies. People were mad they got Iron Patriot from pretty much a free 5*. Doesn't matter whats given. It will never be enough.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    n4aaordm4mip.jpg
    @Kb2_4 I wont but that doeent change appreciation.

My kid got me some dollar store toy for xmas I'll never need or want it. But I didnt throw it in his gave and tell him it sucked either.

And get this I literally keep him alive all year.

The item is t relevant it's the thought that counts. Unless your an entitled whiner

But after arguably the worst month in MCOC history, we get this? I don’t think Kabam put any thought into it.
  • Mars___Mars___ Posts: 87 ★★
    Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on the Calendar. I'm sorry to hear that come of you are disappointed by the Free items in the Calendar that are just part of the regular log in Calendar. This particular spot was hidden not because it's a special gift, but because it would have revealed an event that had not yet been announced.

There is also a separate Log In Calendar that is more closely tied to the Holidays. More importantly, I'm seeing a lot of people comparing this to the Rank Down Tickets from last year, but what I think that most of them are forgetting is that they were not in the Calendar either.

I'll ask the team to keep this in mind for next year and the future.

I hope this game will die before next Christmas... i can't take more disappointment on this day anymore....:(:(
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Right. Tell me how they mislead you in ANY WAY about what it was, or what the expectation would be, and I'll consider it. Otherwise, it was just a Mystery Item and people who are demanding more than was given.

If you don't see how that's deliberately misleading then you don't understand how people work, lol.

That'd be like regularly gifting somebody a sports car every year and then hyping them up for a month about how amazing this year's gift is gonna be, only to give them socks.

Deliberately what? No, just no.
    Mystery Item. Means they're not revealing the contents until the date. It wasn't "Mystery Item that will advance your Account months ahead!".
    They have no control over where peoples' minds go. Once again. Expectations run too far.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    sbdjdk wrote: »
    hear that kabam? the people who didnt read the ingame mail are mad that they got 5 lesser gifting crystals despite being told about it in the mail. cant believe youd pull a fast one on us like that, getting everyones hopes up and then shooting them down.
    When we’re we told about it, do you have a screenshot. Can’t believe myself, my alliance and the community missed it

nah i cant go back to find it. the "read" section was filled with recieved gifts so they deleted some messages automatically.

Convenient, because im looking back at my Alt, and unless they posted it mid november, there aint jack about it.

i know right? super convenient that i cant find it.
    That’s ok I have it for you.
    av3wqsc6g0t4.jpeg

Same gift as last year, btw. There was also a thread on it. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/110001/mail-says-gifting-crystal-on-the-december-calendar#latest

Thanks for the giggle.

Let me circle where it says that we’re getting gifting crystals on the 25th.

Edit: never mind, it wasn’t stated in that message. OOPS.

But if it helps, your post proved Mikes post about ?ing it out because it’d give away the event wrong. Since they stated we’re getting gifting crystals anyway, so thanks for that.
    Given they state gifting crystals are on the calendar and they do not appear anywhere on that calendar there is only one spot left for them to be. Lawl. And again it was the same gift as last year.

Here are the two past years for comparison.8y9brtr7oeca.jpeg
    kwvm4x1i135i.png

Yes and last year the whole community thought the December calendar was weak and out of touch with where we are in the game. It was a let down last year and they just added a t4c this year which doesn't help top level players and spenders who keep this game running. It's just funny to me at this point as they alienate their player base and make them angry all the time. I won't even open these not worth the effort.
    Speak for yourself, the “community” largely had nothing to say last year as it wasnt a surprise.

In fact I’d be willing to say there is a much larger number of summoners these crystals actually help than the number of summoners who find it useless. Ever heard of lift while you climb? Be happy for people these crystals actually help progress so they are that much closer to filing the spot left in your alliance when then salt overcomes any joy derived from the game and you quit.

I don’t feel alienated as there are many more items on the various calendars and through other events currently going on that smaller summoners cannot benefit from like I do.

If they aren't worth the effort how is posting and arguing about it with some rando on the interent worth the effort? #BuildingBridges.
    MattMan wrote: »
    It's a surprise Gift. The surprise was 5 Gifting Crystals. It's free. Now, people are entitled to their feelings on it, but let's be real here. The real issue is people expected Tickets. By all means, give your feelings on it, but the reality is we're not owed a Login Calendar. It's a bonus for logging on regularly.

It’s not about being “owed”. It’s about a for-profit company not taking a perfect (easy) opportunity to appreciate their customers, that make their game possible. You don’t have to be “owed” something to be disappointed with a total lack of thought and effort put forth by someone else.

But then again, you would agree with the calendar if it delivered you a middle finger emoji, so not surprised by your comment.

That's exactly what owed is. "Profit company....without us you wouldn't have a job....you owe us....we pay your salary...". Entitlement.
  • thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
    edited December 2018
    Mars___ wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on the Calendar. I'm sorry to hear that come of you are disappointed by the Free items in the Calendar that are just part of the regular log in Calendar. This particular spot was hidden not because it's a special gift, but because it would have revealed an event that had not yet been announced.

There is also a separate Log In Calendar that is more closely tied to the Holidays. More importantly, I'm seeing a lot of people comparing this to the Rank Down Tickets from last year, but what I think that most of them are forgetting is that they were not in the Calendar either.

I'll ask the team to keep this in mind for next year and the future.

I hope this game will die before next Christmas... i can't take more disappointment on this day anymore....:(:(

I doubt it seeing we are not a Transformers fighting game.
    :)
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Lol I had my family get me Google play cards for xmas, I swear to God if those deals tom. Aren't bangin then I'm downloading another game and using my cards to start strong in it, t2a, 5* ag or bust. Up to u kabam
  • LingoLingo Posts: 22
    Thanks for trying but it was a bit underwhelming. I wasn't expecting an RDT but I was hopeful for a 2018 roster Crystal guaranteeing a 4* or 5*, random class 4* or 5* Awakening or a couple greater gifting even would have been a bit more thoughtful. Just think of it as disappointing your kids by giving them a crappy sweater...Maybe you'll get it right next year kabam.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    It's a surprise Gift. The surprise was 5 Gifting Crystals. It's free. Now, people are entitled to their feelings on it, but let's be real here. The real issue is people expected Tickets. By all means, give your feelings on it, but the reality is we're not owed a Login Calendar. It's a bonus for logging on regularly.

It’s not about being “owed”. It’s about a for-profit company not taking a perfect (easy) opportunity to appreciate their customers, that make their game possible. You don’t have to be “owed” something to be disappointed with a total lack of thought and effort put forth by someone else.

But then again, you would agree with the calendar if it delivered you a middle finger emoji, so not surprised by your comment.

That's exactly what owed is. "Profit company....without us you wouldn't have a job....you owe us....we pay your salary...". Entitlement.

Nope, you’re wrong. Kabam had an opportunity to surprise and delight their customers - an excellent business practice. They don’t owe to anyone but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do it.

Not sure if you’re just not understanding or just willfully trolling (as usual), but you don’t need to be owed anything to be disappointed by someone else. And that’s what many are feeling now - disappointment. That’s a valid feeling whether you agree with or not.
  • Jtb2798Jtb2798 Posts: 8
    This is Kabam’s version of the Jelly of the Month club. (Insert Clark Griswold rant here)
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    @MattMan
    Sorry but no need to argue with others this time such as grounded just carry on with the feedback like normal and ignore the ones disagreeing with you, will be easier for us.

Nope, you’re wrong. Kabam had an opportunity to surprise and delight their customers - an excellent business practice. They don’t owe to anyone but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do it.

Not sure if you’re just not understanding or just willfully trolling (as usual), but you don’t need to be owed anything to be disappointed by someone else. And that’s what many are feeling now - disappointment. That’s a valid feeling whether you agree with or not.

I'm not wrong at all. You're talking about missed opportunities as if people are owed more. That's exactly what it is. Entitlement. Which is completely ignorant to everything else they're giving this month, and comes directly from expectations.
This discussion has been closed.