**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Darkhawk interaction with Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    Supersha7 wrote: »
    Could we get confirmation as to whether a further fix is incoming please?

Just so we know, then we have a choice of whether to abandon quest, or just use up a ton of resources to get it done.

In the meantime, I would suggest not going nuts. If you have him down to 10% or less and you need to push through, perhaps. If not, it's easier to end and try again when your Energy is full again. At the very least, you might not get past him, but you'll have practice at no cost.

how can it be no cost if he will be using many hours of energy even if he didnt use anything to refill, the cost of energy is always there... every try we make has a cost
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    EndymioN wrote: »

Just so we know, then we have a choice of whether to abandon quest, or just use up a ton of resources to get it done.

In the meantime, I would suggest not going nuts. If you have him down to 10% or less and you need to push through, perhaps. If not, it's easier to end and try again when your Energy is full again. At the very least, you might not get past him, but you'll have practice at no cost.

how can it be no cost if he will be using many hours of energy even if he didnt use anything to refill, the cost of energy is always there... every try we make has a cost

Oh, I just go back and take a stab at it when it's full again. If I need the Energy for something else, I use it for that. Otherwise, it sits there while I Grind.
    edited December 2018
    my take on it is the energy is always needed so has a cost, if we lose a try in a broken event is energy we waste in resource gathering as an exemple... and the amount of tries many people made is this event is days worth of "grinding" of resources that are scarce to begin with thanks to kabam
    EndymioN wrote: »
    my take on it is the energy is always needed so has a cost, if we lose a try in a broken event is energy we waste in resource gathering as an exemple... and the amount of tries many people made is this event is days worth of "grinding" of resources that are scarce to begin with thanks to kabam

I don't consider Energy that fills itself a cost. Refills are different, they can be.
    tell me something, not everyone has access to many or any refills.. if i happen to wait a day for energy to fill itself then i go to that event and lose everything what do you call that? ...
    What I meant is, we get Refills for Events now. Sure, they cost effort, but they're a bit of an additive. We get them from Crystals, same deal. If we're purchasing them with Units is more of what I consider a cost.
  • Supersha7Supersha7 Posts: 164 ★★

Agreed. I'm not going to pump a ton of resources in until for certain it's fixed. I'll still have a go if I've got spare energy and see if I get lucky lol

Agreed. I'm not going to pump a ton of resources in until for certain it's fixed. I'll still have a go if I've got spare energy and see if I get lucky lol

Usually that's what works for me. I'll give it a break and get through when I come back more relaxed. In this case, it's not working yet. Lol.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    What's the story, they all took a Xmas break? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Wolf

We are just looking for some confirmation that y'all didn't abandon us on a game breaking issue.

It is only going to get worse now that DarkHawk can appear in AW as well, and we are powerless to defeat them, even if we had a maxed out 6* champ, boosted with every boost available.
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    It will appear snarky but it honestly isn't intended to be. Thank you @Kabam Miike Acknowledging that there is still an issue and letting us know that it is still being investigated is enough! The crashes may be fixed but the initial input at the beginning of the fight still seems to be the lingering issue. This allows players to complete everything else around that fight and go about the daily grind, knowing that its being worked on and that another patch could still be on the way.

Cheers,
    LaFleur
    Hey All,

We are still investigating these issues that some of you have raised after the hotfix. We have seen a significant drop in crashes related to Darkhawk, but it seems that some are still facing problems.

We don't have anything new to add right now, but as soon as we do, we'll let you all know.

Considering today is 22 of December and almost end of month, at this point its not good enough, practicaly 1 month of a failed event where most of the community complained the least someone expected would be an ingame warning to the player base that the content is in fact not working properly so they wouldnt keep spending resources on a failed event, but i guess kabam prefers people keep throwing resources and money at it without a second thought. And yes they in fact said it has its problems but in the forum, do we expect everyone to come to the forum to see whats wrong with this game?
  • DinoHCYDinoHCY Posts: 58
    I actually got a decent run on DH until about 30%. Massive lag and the next few fights were just steam rolled by the unlockable attacks.

Being a F2P it's really difficult to clear content if this keeps happening. 2 weeks left on the event and i still can't get 100% on master or uncollected because of this issue.
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 217 ★★
    Hey All,

We are still investigating these issues that some of you have raised after the hotfix. We have seen a significant drop in crashes related to Darkhawk, but it seems that some are still facing problems.

We don't have anything new to add right now, but as soon as we do, we'll let you all know.

Less crashes probably because people don't play the quest anymore. It's my case, I won't try again unless I see players saying that it's fixed. Sick of spending energy refills on that.
    Hey All,

I am pretty sure in this whole thread, the major problem was the major lag, not the crashes, but, if the crashes are fixed now, that leaves the massive lag.

Hoping that a quick fix is forthcoming (scale back the effects?), otherwise, there are going to be lots of mad people that couldn't finish the event just because Darkhawk wasn't tested enough.
    SparkAlot wrote: »
    Hey All,

I am pretty sure in this whole thread, the major problem was the major lag, not the crashes, but, if the crashes are fixed now, that leaves the massive lag.

Hoping that a quick fix is forthcoming (scale back the effects?), otherwise, there are going to be lots of mad people that couldn't finish the event just because Darkhawk wasn't tested enough.

No the crashes are not fixed, some of them might but not all...
  • Supersha7Supersha7 Posts: 164 ★★
    we'll I had some spare energy and time so decided to take a shot at master mode

Managed to do 2 runs. Lag is still absolutely horrendous. I'm playing with that in mind, so I'm not playing as I usually would, which means the fight is so much harder. Many times the lag has caused me to mistime a hit or a dodge. But as I'm expecting everything to lag and fail, I'm ready to back out already.

Lags still right from the start, and get a burst of additional lag everytime a special or heavy from darkhawk is used. Or a block that makes his chest glow.

Only saving grace is that the two times I've tried I have managed to successfully dodge back at start of fight. And as long as you have a realistic chance to avoid the initial hit, there's a chance.

But it is still waaaaaaay not good enough for the players. This stuff should work as normal. not lag like crazy. For me also, the lag kind of lingers after darkhawk into the next few fights too. I usually come out, shut down the game or refresh it, and it gets rid of it, but of course returns when darkhawk is there.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    The lag is still there I have opened 4 support tickets. Still nothing is being done about this, my phone is just a little over a month old, I didn't have problems this bad until this update.
    The new update didn't fix anything, if anything it made some of the game worse.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Hey at least they put 5 crappy gifting crystals behind a question mark for a month to show us how much they appreciate its customers. What more can we want lol. But I agree with above when it’s a glitch in our favor they are on it like the other day with whatever was happening. I just laughed when I got the notification from line group.
    @Kabam Miike how about you tell the team to make DarkHawk's shield like MODOK's? MODOK's don't lag at all, after doing multiple tests.

That should solve the DarkHawk lag issue, there is just "too much" going on with his special effects, and they really need to be toned down to get him lag free.
  • https://youtu.be/dBZ4KuVczn0

Another Video of the issues. You can see where the lag is. Last fight almost no shield mode and not a lot of lag. At very end of video, there started to be more and more lag. Last few parries took game a long time to register and final evade didn't register at all.

Latester version of game, Samsung S6 Active, Android 7.0
    bpbvxeh3xvgy.jpg
    b08mcqe1m15z.jpg
    The developer's at Kabam should be ashamed of their product, this has been going on for almost a month. I will never spend another dime with this company, I dont mind using items when it's my fault. The champ isn't that hard, the lag makes it impossible. Most companies would.want to give their customers the best product they can give.
    edited December 2018
    c1ny951l4v9r.jpg
    Done with this quest, i am wasting any more time on it or this cheating game. This is the kind of company Kabam want to be, there is not any part of being cheated that's fun or challenging. Almost a whole month of not being able to dash back in thos one fight.
  • Conrad_JohnsonConrad_Johnson Posts: 38
    edited December 2018
    Still bugged and time moves on. @Kabam Miike very frustrating. Was waiting until final week or so to continue fighting Darkhawk. Spent over 640 units on revives so far because of this bug (another 280 just because I'm not the best player). How many help tickets are needed to fix?

If you need testers with older phones, let me know. I can help avoid this **** in the future. I'm sure many people would.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    The fight is definitely still bugged/has that terrible lag spike at the beginning... Really need those completion rewards, but no way I'm wasting any Potions/Revives or Energy Refills on a bugged fight that should really fixed by now. So is there another fix coming or am I just going to lose this month's rewards, from what I understand the Hot fix only fixed it for a few people/no one. Please tell me there's a way to fix it!
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    I'm glad to see I'm jailed and this is still an issue. Wait a second, no I'm not. The fact that we are weeks into the second monthly event in a row where the bosses were bugged is just sad. No awakening gem will fix that. I know that it was Christmas and all but the turnaround when it benefits us is hours vs weeks when it hurts us.
  • This is becoming a joke first time ever where master mode final boss is almost impossible to beat it lags every time he won't fire off his sp2 and oh look all my champs are dead this sucks so much let me guess you'll fix the issues on the next update what a joke. Please fix the game.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    I love y'all. Kabam just won't admit that their coding is faulty and they won't fix it. No other mobile game just piles update after update without code revision.

Older devices......RIP....which is me.

Strat:

Pause when both characters r in the run up screen.
    Use quake 4 or 5 *. Heavy will get him to his shield phase. Don't get him to s1.
    Don't forget, u can hit his block when he's unblockable. Use it to push him back if he isn't doing his s2.
    Use ur other characters to finish him.
    My r3 and 5/50 quake took him to 25%.
    Practice on master first. Once u get his BS down, it's easy.

Understand: His s2 mode will lag like a MF when he dashes at u. It's better to get him to shield mode if u have quake.
This discussion has been closed.