**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Chilled Challenges/similar: what's the point?

Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
With a % drop rate closing around 90% for the minimum rewards, what's the point for this mini events? Aside pushing the already absolutely outrageous gifting event, why bother giving content if said content doesnt even offer anything worthwhile.

Imho, it's about time Kabam starts opening a bit up to better droprates, rather tha opening our wallets wider. As much as i understand reduced chanches for higher drops, this is a bit too extreme and laughable. 5400 units for an avg of 5000 5* shards rewards is trash. No matter if you roll those 1-2 1000 t5, which are just pure bait.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Out of all my runs I got 1k T2A frags 3 times and 1k T5b frags once the rest were 250 5* shards so I’m not seeing the issue here? It was easy enough to complete, took no resources and very little time
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★
    fu2_10 wrote: »
    Dude, if you are using 5400 units on the chilled challenges then you need to be doing the lower tier stuff. You clearly have no clue how to play this game at all if you srsly spent that much on these challenges.

To get all the gacgce then he kind is rigtig
  • Options
    Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    I’m guessing the OP meant the money spent on gifting to get the tickets? If that’s the case then OP is forgetting (intentionally or not) all the other stuff they got with that 5400 units because the red tickets were the least valuable thing in those milestones.

I had surprisingly good luck for a change with those things. I didn’t spend a lot on the gifting event so I only had like 10 epic runs with them. Got the 1k t5b shards 3 times and 1k t2a shards twice. Rest 250 5* shards.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    With a % drop rate closing around 90% for the minimum rewards, what's the point for this mini events? Aside pushing the already absolutely outrageous gifting event, why bother giving content if said content doesnt even offer anything worthwhile.

Imho, it's about time Kabam starts opening a bit up to better droprates, rather tha opening our wallets wider. As much as i understand reduced chanches for higher drops, this is a bit too extreme and laughable. 5400 units for an avg of 5000 5* shards rewards is trash. No matter if you roll those 1-2 1000 t5, which are just pure bait.

Discuss.

@Vale84 did you use 5400 units on the chilled challenges?
  • Options
    Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    5400 units?! Boy you must be out your ever lovin’ mind!
  • Options
    Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    If i knew 99% of readers here didnt get what i mean when saying "5400" units, and when saying "chilled challenges & similar" then yeah, this post is pointless, most likely.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,666 Guardian
    Vale84 wrote: »

Discuss.

There isn't all that much to discuss. The answer to the question "why bother giving content if said content doesn't even offer anything worthwhile" is that no one would bother making that kind of content, nor does any such content exist in the game. *You* might not think the content has worthwhile rewards, but there's no specific reason the developers should design the game around your specific perspective. If that was a goal, they'd probably consult with you on every reward in the game, as that would increase the likelihood they'd accomplish their goal.

What matters is the overall reward earning rate, not any one individual drop rate number. And reward earning rates have gone up continuously for as long as I've played the game. That's the only thing that matters in the long run: everything else is players making intelligent decisions about how they spend their time and money. And if every single cash offer, unit offer, and reward offer was fantastic, then there would be no room for making intelligent choices. To be frank, if every reward was so great that *everyone* judged them to be fantastic, even the most pessimistic, the game would be absurd and probably much more vacant. That's not really a game worth playing for probably a majority of players.