**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I know y'all will hate me for this but... RANKDOWN TICKETS

With the INSANE amount of new champs crashing into the contest in 2018, is there still gonna be rank down tickets available at some time through out the year or shall they for ever remain a memory?
Ive been playing for 3 years, and all my top champs are first or second year, besides my blade. my roster is insane as it is i could completely revamp it with the tickets.. im hopeful.

Comments

• ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Where starting this year with another thread about RDT.
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    I wasnt demanding any tickets. i as just curious if Kabam was thinking of putting them out again, i thought it might be a possibility, just with all the crazy new champs and all the new nodes and buffs and debuff, with charges carrying over for fights and an incredible amount of synergies.
    Most of my top champs are first years it would be nice to switch out some OG champs for some 2018 champs. maybe maybe maybe.. a man can dream cant he..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    I wasnt demanding any tickets. i as just curious if Kabam was thinking of putting them out again, i thought it might be a possibility, just with all the crazy new champs and all the new nodes and buffs and debuff, with charges carrying over for fights and an incredible amount of synergies.
    Most of my top champs are first years it would be nice to switch out some OG champs for some 2018 champs. maybe maybe maybe.. a man can dream cant he..

Anything is possible, but Kabam doesn't discuss things they are just "thinking about." It is a recipe for controversy.

I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of RDTs. It is just that the arguments players make for why they are either "necessary" or "logical" hold no water. But I'm reasonably sure that at some future date when the developers feel the benefits outweigh the damage they do they'll give them out as a (very) special reward, or maybe as a really big carrot for some gameplay accomplishment. But I'm quite certain they won't entertain discussions about them before doing so.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    o4nng1oldbrf.png

Let me leave this here.....
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    These threads really need to stop. Ask for more resources not an item to allow you to reallocate resources. More resources are definitely a better path forward than RDT.
  • Erikfive_0Erikfive_0 Posts: 122
    I hope rank down tickets never come back. Make smart long term decisions with your rank ups and you won’t need them. I also have been playing for 3 plus years and remember how much they changed the landscape of the game after 12.0. They should not come back ever.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Not a day goes by without one of these.
    And who cares if some of your higher-ranked champs are "OG Champs". That's everyone in the game. If people waited for the next best champ, nobody would ever rank anyone.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I need some rank up gems
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    CAN YU SHUT UP ABOUT THE STUPID TICKETS?!!!
    These tickets were meant to rank down champions during the 12.0 update who were nerfed majorly. They are not some thing you beg and annoy Kabam for every freakin day. When the majorly nerf champions, then they might bring them back
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    nope
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    They gave RDTs originally because of the 12.0 debacle. In that case, it is more than warranted. Many people took up DS BW SW and Thor who were nerfed by Kabam shortly after. In that case, it is not out of line to expect rank down tickets. It is a different story, however, to expect rank down tickets because of all the new champs. There has been plenty of time since then to have earned alot of rank up materials. It just seems silly. Everyone who has played the game this long ranked the older characters. There has been ample opportunity since then to rank up newer champs, and if you are unable to earn the materials needed it should not fall on Kabam to fix this. They issued RDTs for the older champs already. They should have been clear and maybe even blunt about the fact that it was gonna be a one time thing. Now they have to deal with people who made poor decisions, who constantly ask for them. Of course they made this matter worse by giving them out a 2nd time for Christmas in 2017. Just my 2 cents on RDTs.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Jester123 wrote: »
    I do think there was a very good argument for rdt’s to be given.
    2018 saw some massive changes in the game and what was good at the start of the year isn’t the same as what’s needed now.

That's not an argument, that's a statement. The game is different, that's true. It is explicitly designed to change over time, which creates the need to rank up different newer champions over time. That means the need for rank up materials is unlimited over long periods of time.

The game is built on the desire to acquire new champions and the need to rank them up to high levels. What you earn today you use today. What happens tomorrow requires you to earn more stuff tomorrow.

Underlying all of these "arguments" that are really just observations is an often unstated premise: that if a player spends resources to rank up a champion for a specific reason, they have the *right* for Kabam to not change the game to alter or invalidate that reason. But that's a right that doesn't exist, however much people want to wish it into existence.

Here is the argument for why they are a bad idea. No one actually needs to rank anything down. Ranking something down helps no one. What people really want is to respend the resources they spent earlier to rank something else *up*. They want to rank up more things, and they think they can do that by extracting rank up resources from older champions instead of earning them through game play. In that respect, they serve the same purpose as making rank up materials easier to get, minus the invalid justification that I earned it once, I get to spend it twice.

Except the fundamental difference between making rank up materials easier to get and making rank down tickets easier to get is that rank down tickets disproportionately help players with larger, stronger rosters. They are more likely to have more champions ranked up, and more champions ranked up they aren't using as much. They are also more likely to have more of the stronger champions, by virtue of just plain having more of them period. They have the least to lose from a rank down and the most to gain from a simultaneous rank up.

So RDTs take away much of the need to grind rank up materials from the very players in the best position to have accumulated the most rank up materials. This allows them to lock in their top performing rosters at far lower gameplay costs than other players, which is precisely what you do not want to do when designing a progressional game. You want top performing players to experience diminishing returns on investment to keep the playerbase spread manageable, and to force the highest progression players to continue to play at a high level to maintain their relative performance level.

I'm pretty sure Kabam knows this, and they rue the day they ever created them in the first place. But that genie is out of the bottle.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Yes we hate you
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Just STFU Lol. You are beating a dead horse... that’s rotted away, decayed, fossilized & on display in a museum. It’s been said... so many times... by the most important of Kabam CEO’s... THERE WILL BE NO RANK DOWN TICKETS!
    Again, mods have statesd REPEATEDLY that Kabam has no further plans to issue any more Rank Down Tickets. Stop asking for them and drop it.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Oh yeah sure we will get RDTs as soon as they give out a 2nd 5* Awakening gem that some people got instead of just 1 from the single free one we got during Christmas day.
  • Earning T2A and T4CC, whether whole ones in special offers, calendars, or other giveaways, or from massive amount of Fragments that are available nowadays, makes it a whole lot faster to rankup champs than it used to. So there should not be any need to get even more resources (that you used in years past).
    While I would love to rank down my Guillotine (now that I am long past Maestro, and have no need for her to be 5/50 anymore), that doesn’t mean I “should” be allowed to rank her down and constantly swap top heroes for battling the next hurdle in the game.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    n1lf4qxvjg0f.gif
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Anything is possible, but Kabam doesn't discuss things they are just "thinking about." It is a recipe for controversy.

I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of RDTs. It is just that the arguments players make for why they are either "necessary" or "logical" hold no water. But I'm reasonably sure that at some future date when the developers feel the benefits outweigh the damage they do they'll give them out as a (very) special reward, or maybe as a really big carrot for some gameplay accomplishment. But I'm quite certain they won't entertain discussions about them before doing so.

2018 saw some massive changes in the game and what was good at the start of the year isn’t the same as what’s needed now.

1 aw. We went from old aw where the best defenders were just massively duplicated by each alliance to all of a sudden having dd, which ment we had to change our defensive champs massively and with defender rating we needed high ranked different champs, ok no body was physically forced to do anything but as we all know the rewards offered left us little choice, then defender rating disappeared so that ment some rank ups were wasted.

2. Aa ... well that caused a massive uproar and as a member of Kabam said when asked if his stun when a neurotoxin ended should stun a stun immune, the answer was “ yes it’s working as intended” now if it was wrong I’m sorry but they should have homered there word and now we know that what a mod says on here isn’t fact, so even if one person ranked up aa for a stun immune/ buff immune node after reading that, then they were misled.

3. Drax, it was common knowledge that he was the best Mordo counter when he was first released and I’m sure it would have been mentioned on here countless times before they decided he wasn’t supposed to work like that.

4. Md well there’s a whole mess, the way they approached it was just a mastery issue, dexterity effecting md but many many people went down the mystic cha,p route for defenders as md made them so much harder to beat.

5. Now when people used to ask “who’s my best rank up option” there are many factors but my approach was always, who or what kind of champ are you missing from you roster, ie you need a power control champ, double immune, power champ, bleed champ, revive champ etc so you have an all round attack for all aspects of the game, then they bring in Ultron’s Assault and now you need class specific champs so you have all classes covered too and I think act 6 will be going somewhat down that route.

So I think there is enough there to justify the issue of them like last year so we could readjust our roster if neeeded.
    Obviously the ultrons event stopped them.

1. AW is never an excuse for RDT's. This mode will always change which is part of the game.
    2. AA- Bug fix and is still one of the best champs in the game.
    3. Drax- If you ranked him up because of this glitch, this is on you.
    4. MD- Quit crying about MD. We've asked for that change for years.
    5. New content isn't an argument for RDT's.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

1 aw. We went from old aw where the best defenders were just massively duplicated by each alliance to all of a sudden having dd, which ment we had to change our defensive champs massively and with defender rating we needed high ranked different champs, ok no body was physically forced to do anything but as we all know the rewards offered left us little choice, then defender rating disappeared so that ment some rank ups were wasted.

2. Aa ... well that caused a massive uproar and as a member of Kabam said when asked if his stun when a neurotoxin ended should stun a stun immune, the answer was “ yes it’s working as intended” now if it was wrong I’m sorry but they should have homered there word and now we know that what a mod says on here isn’t fact, so even if one person ranked up aa for a stun immune/ buff immune node after reading that, then they were misled.

3. Drax, it was common knowledge that he was the best Mordo counter when he was first released and I’m sure it would have been mentioned on here countless times before they decided he wasn’t supposed to work like that.

4. Md well there’s a whole mess, the way they approached it was just a mastery issue, dexterity effecting md but many many people went down the mystic cha,p route for defenders as md made them so much harder to beat.

5. Now when people used to ask “who’s my best rank up option” there are many factors but my approach was always, who or what kind of champ are you missing from you roster, ie you need a power control champ, double immune, power champ, bleed champ, revive champ etc so you have an all round attack for all aspects of the game, then they bring in Ultron’s Assault and now you need class specific champs so you have all classes covered too and I think act 6 will be going somewhat down that route.

So I think there is enough there to justify the issue of them like last year so we could readjust our roster if neeeded.
    Obviously the ultrons event stopped them.

1. AW is never an excuse for RDT's. This mode will always change which is part of the game.
    2. AA- Bug fix and is still one of the best champs in the game.
    3. Drax- If you ranked him up because of this glitch, this is on you.
    4. MD- Quit crying about MD. We've asked for that change for years.
    5. New content isn't an argument for RDT's.

Why do people never read posts but put stuff they think, I didn’t ask for rdt’s I just gave some reasons why I thought there was an argument for them and what you’ve put is rubbish.
    If you base it on the last time they gave them out and the reasons they gave then the game direction changes justifies it.
    And I’m not crying about anything just giving a point, your response is just “ nothing”
    And I guess you were happy when they announced they were taking dd out of aw then? They backed down for one of the reasons I put so how does that work?

I read your entire post. AW changes aren't a reason for RDTs. Just because they change the AW.mechanics doesn't mean we need to rank down champs. You can still make smart rank ups because of diversity. I could care less if they take it out or leave it. I'm happy with all my rank ups for defense and offense. Trying to justify them is asking for them. You don't have string arguments.