**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Hawkeye worth rank 4 as a 5 star

I have a duped 5 star hawk eye at rank 2 I have enough resources to take him to rank 4. He will be my first rank 4 5 star as my 5 star luck is not great. Should I take him to up or use my catalyst on other champs .

Comments

• TivjyotTivjyot Posts: 51
    a9wwo240cync.jpg
  • TivjyotTivjyot Posts: 51
    These are my 5 stars
    And I may open featured at the end of the month

• Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Tivjyot wrote: »
    I have a duped 5 star hawk eye at rank 2 I have enough resources to take him to rank 4. He will be my first rank 4 5 star as my 5 star luck is not great. Should I take him to up or use my catalyst on other champs .
    Tbh I’d prob keep him as rank 3. Wait until your next 5 star, and if it’s not anything better then go for it.
    Edit : my bad didn’t see the screenshot. Rank up AA
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    No I would not rank him. You would be much better off ranking AA.
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 282 ★★
    edited January 2019
    Because he's duped, I'd say yes, R4 worthy. If you only have 4 t2a and are close to another 5* crystal I'd say wait for your next opening. But he's a solid champ.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    AA is great. The Hood is great. Carnage is really good, better awakened. But, yes, Hawkeye is worth r4. Great bleed and power control.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Archangel is great and all but he's no a game changer when he isn't awakened. I'd still rank him but I wouldn't make him a priority. Hawkeye is great because you can be extremely aggressive due to his power control and he has a pretty respectable amount of bleed. He is a very underrated champ.
    Tivjyot wrote: »
    These are my 5 stars
    And I may open featured at the end of the month

That's a waste of an extra 5k shards IMO.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Take up AA, being unawakened will not be a huge factor in clearing act 4/act 5 content.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Yes I have 4/55 HE. He is a good magik or vision substitute
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    why arent you ranking up that AA?
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I agree with most people about ranking up AA.

I think Hawkeye is great, though his awakened ability isn't that huge. Great for power control and even w/o the awakened ability, a good bleed. I have a 5* I need to get around to taking to rank 3, but I wouldn't use any T2a on him.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Do not R4 Hawkeye over AA. Why are you considering opening featured 5* crystals? Your roster isn't big enough for that in my opinion you should focus on basics at this point.

The thing that makes Hawkeye decent for an old champ is the power control. You don't need him at R4 for that.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I have HE at 4/55 and LOVE him in AW. DW I have at level 4 and his bleed is really nice, duped it's nasty. Sp 1 power control is really helpful as well. I find him very underrated. He's far better than his low prestige.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Archangel to r4, trust me he'll clear more content for you every now and then, very easily. He's been my mvp for event quests and clearing Lanes in act 5, not to mention that he makes farming potions in ROL very easy.

tr1wekw9kyap.png
  • fiermanmuchfiermanmuch Posts: 33
    edited January 2019
    I have 5* hawk eye at r4 (unduped). His power control is save my day... Also when i fight antman. He is antman killer... Because his sp1 is 100% guarantee bleed antman. And after i got void and rank up void to rank 4. HE and void got a very nice synergy. 15% attack boost for HE and void also got very good synergy. And HE bleed is so nice (500-700 pertick)... And the sp1 is 100% guarantee bleed :D

But yeahhh... If this is your first r4. Maybe HE is not your priority. You can wait for other champ like domino, corvus, hyperion, aegon etc.

But... Yeah HE worth for a rank 4. When i duped and have overflow resource. I will rank him 5.
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    HE is worth r4.......
    But not over unduped AA. You have AA, that will clear so much content. Dont over think the fact he is not woke.

Many great responses in this thread, BTW.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    Hawkeye was my first rank 4 5 star. Hes amazing at clearing wars. He destroys hyperion and mordo, pretty much anyone with power gain that can bleed. You can't go wrong with him. I also have a maxed out scarlet witch who boosts power gain so that is helpful as well.
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    uermycup2p1k.png

My first R4. Absolutely worth it. I have several now, even sitting on 9 t2a, but his power control and bleed are both very useful.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Unduped AA is garbage. No ability reduction on neurotoxins. You will survive most fights with HE. This game is catering now to power control champs
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I have AA at r3 and he has been r3 since long before I got mutant from the 5* awakening crystal on Christmas day. Everyone is right in saying you should be ranking him. Even unduped, he is awesome, the dupe only adds a little to the awesome. Not really much difference, tbh.

As for your original question, HELL YES. Hawkeye is worth R4, especially duped. Power control champs are extremely valuable and it seems there are way to few of them in the game. And in addition to some of the easiest and most reliable power control in the game Hawkeye also has some decent bleeds. Since you were lucky enough to awaken him, one of those bleeds per fight has a chance to become a Hemorhage, for extreme bleeding.

Rank up both Hawkeye AND Archangel at your nearest opportunity. With regards to the rest of your 5* roster, I hope your 5* luck gets better.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Oh and some more advise, dont waste your shards on featured. Every god tier 5* I have ive gotten from a basic. I couldn't imagine flushing an extra 5k shards down the toilet by pulling trash from a featured.