**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost Arena Not Coming?

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
Is this an error on Mcoc Trucos part or is Ghost really not coming to the Basic Arena in a few days? 1snmje83zy5y.jpg
046o9rvn0rkh.jpg

Comments

• LumpDeChumpLumpDeChump Posts: 68
    Just saw that Storm is the basic 4* champ coming up. I thought Ghost was. It’s why you put Antman, Wasp, and Yellow Jacket first right.

I get that you’re not officially connected with Trucos and that arenas are subject to change but give the community a little heads up would ya. Mucho Gracias.

k9leugydbyvi.jpeg
    96s7x7j9ztra.jpeg
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Maybe Ghost's Arena got swapped with Kingpin who was supposed to replace the second Antman Arena and Storm ended up replacing Kingpin.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Probably it has something to do with the fact that they want to keep the tradition: New featured champion, old basic
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Announcement made. Basic champion is Storm.
    Probably it has something to do with the fact that they want to keep the tradition: New featured champion, old basic

Then maybe they did move her over Kingpin, there's no way they'd just skip over a Champion's First Basic Arena.
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    They likely pushed ghost back to get back on cadence of new feature old basic
    Old feature new basic

Otherwise it forces ghost/thing and creates a huge burnout issue of people wanting both
    I expect ghost next week with some rerun feature

I get that but this wasn’t just sprung on them. There is no way I’m putting up 12+ million points for a 4* featured. Although we didn’t know it was The Thing We knew some featured champ would be up against ghost from the get go.

I’m cool with change. It’s their company. It’s just polite to keep your customer base somewhat informed of changes.
  • incognerdo77incognerdo77 Posts: 50
    this is really irritating. i planned and took a day off work to grind for her, too. another way for kabam to upset its player base...
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    The whole schedule probably got bumped a week since there was an extra week of not having a new champ in the featured arena with the two weeks of 2015/2018+2016/2017 crystals in the featured arenas.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I was hoping to go for kingpin 😁
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    The whole schedule probably got bumped a week since there was an extra week of not having a new champ in the featured arena with the two weeks of 2015/2018+2016/2017 crystals in the featured arenas.

Wouldn't have any effect on Basic Arenas though.
    Ezra7676 wrote: »
    I was hoping to go for kingpin 😁

Actually same, have him on my second account already but needed him on my main for some Synergies...
  • TED355TED355 Posts: 13
    IF THE LATEST ARENA POST FOR STORM IS TRUE, IT WILL BE A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT FOR ALL THOSE WHO WERE PREPARING FOR A COMFORMED GHOST ADDITION TO THEIR ROSTER..

TO ALL THE MEMBERS WHO MANAGE THE ARENA SCHEDULE..I HUMBLY REQUEST TO ORGANIZE A BASIC GHOST ARENA 4 STAR

AS THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO POSITIVELY ADD A 4 STAR GHOST TO OUR ROSTERS

THANK YOU AND I HOPE NECESSARY ACTIONS WILL B TAKEN
    TED355 wrote: »
    IF THE LATEST ARENA POST FOR STORM IS TRUE, IT WILL BE A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT FOR ALL THOSE WHO WERE PREPARING FOR A COMFORMED GHOST ADDITION TO THEIR ROSTER..

TO ALL THE MEMBERS WHO MANAGE THE ARENA SCHEDULE..I HUMBLY REQUEST TO ORGANIZE A BASIC GHOST ARENA 4 STAR

Why are you screaming?
    TED355 wrote: »

Also Ghost will most likely be in the next Arena Set.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★

It does have an effect considering they try not to have new champ featured arenas and first-time basic arenas going at the same time.

It does have an effect considering they try not to have new champ featured arenas and first-time basic arenas going at the same time.

Oh right, but I'm pretty sure they would've had the two Special Arena charted out and planned. Even though they don't share the schedule with us directly doesn't mean they don't have a list drawn up.

Oh right, but I'm pretty sure they would've had the two Special Arena charted out and planned. Even though they don't share the schedule with us directly doesn't mean they don't have a list drawn up.

Though obviously things can change so we never know.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    They have occasionally in the past inserted a champ to tweak schedule. Trucos schedule is under assumption none of that will happen but history has shown it happens idk once, maybe twice a year. Trucos schedules as far as I know are NOT Kabam sponsored schedules and therefore you can’t blame them for relying on something they didn’t produce. There are rightful spots to complain - I don’t see this as one. Some surprise? Sure. Completely shocked? No

My guess They saw opportunity (new feature / old basic not aligned) to toss Storm in due to recent shock changes and did it. Ghost is highly likely just shifted back a week
    TacoScotty wrote: »
    They have occasionally in the past inserted a champ to tweak schedule. Trucos schedule is under assumption none of that will happen but history has shown it happens idk once, maybe twice a year. Trucos schedules as far as I know are NOT Kabam sponsored schedules and therefore you can’t blame them for relying on something they didn’t produce. There are rightful spots to complain - I don’t see this as one. Some surprise? Sure. Completely shocked? No

My guess They saw opportunity (new feature / old basic not aligned) to toss Storm in due to recent shock changes and did it. Ghost is highly likely just shifted back a week

Was just double checking, I don't see this post as complaining. Obviously they wouldn't just remove Ghost from the board completely, knew that from the start.
  • rabbitt88rabbitt88 Posts: 20
    we have a schedule that we will be getting Ghost on 1/10/19 as the next basic champ but have an advertisement saying Storm is next basic champs can you confirm whose the next basic champ
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    I think Kabam scheduled Storm triumph the guessed Ghost.....
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 506 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    If I had to bet I would say this is their adjustment for having Ant-Man twice as featured a few months ago. I bet Ghost will be next week.

Also keep in mind that the schedule you are referring to isn't official. While they usually stick to the rotating schedule of releasing the basic a set amount of time after featured, you can always be Kabammed. They've been known do drop in basics to promote movies, or the ant-man dropped twice to the systems issues people were having his first week (If I remember correctly).
    They likely pushed ghost back to get back on cadence of new feature old basic
    Old feature new basic

Otherwise it forces ghost/thing and creates a huge burnout issue of people wanting both
    I expect ghost next week with some rerun feature

I get that but this wasn’t just sprung on them. There is no way I’m putting up 12+ million points for a 4* featured. Although we didn’t know it was The Thing We knew some featured champ would be up against ghost from the get go.

I’m cool with change. It’s their company. It’s just polite to keep your customer base somewhat informed of changes.

from the get go? you a pyschic cause the only reason this happened is because the featur got pushed back by the 2016/17 crystal arena

Not a psychic but my powers of deduction are impeccable. Kind of goes like this....

-It takes months in development to bring a champion to the contest. With the hype of The Fantastic 4 being added it is safe to assume they spent countless hours preparing for The Thing to be added. In addition they knew months ago he would be the first champion of the contest.

-They plan months in advance what champions will be in which arena. Data miners collect this information and create fun charts for the community. With this information I can somewhat plan to go for Ægon in May. May 16th to be exact. The same way I planned on going for Ghost.

-So knowing that the addition of The Thing Arena would happen at the same time as the Ghost Basic arena they should have given us a heads up several weeks ago. No details about The Thing. Just that a new champion was added.

So no. I’m not psychic. Just smarter than your average bear.