**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Kabam's pace with introducing new champions too fast? Honest Opinion.

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
Hey so i was thinking about the champions that have been released and how there was such a lack of mystic champs and i randomly thought about how many champs are in the game. If there are over 100 champions in the 5* crystal alone, how long can Kabam keep up with that pace, and is it hurting the player base?
We all know the RNG can be very generous, and very disappointing. Kabam has said that they never intended for the RNG to play such a big roll in game progression, but it sill plays a huge part. With the current rate of which new champions are being introduced, is it going to be harder for newer players to progress? Idk just some thoughts.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I feel like the same argument was made before about 4* crystals and how hard it is to get good ones/dupe the ones you have. People overall survived, but a lot left from frustration.

I think the pace is okay, but there needs to be more options. The 4* argument went away when 4* AG became fairly normal, as in several ways per year to get them. With more and more champions, I've seen some ideas like a re-spin or class specific crystals for shards. Anything to narrow down the group would help. Feature crystals just have the same problem, because most don't have the featured champs to begin with, and most don't want the trash champs at all. You're still searching for a needle in a haystack.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Made this argument back before even 5* came out. Back when there were 4-5 top tier 4* champs and a whole bunch of everything else. Getting that witch or widow or Thor either changed your game or you struggled with nearly everything.

New champs drive revenue, that's the bottom line.. no pun intended,
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    @Primmer79 really good idea with the class crystal!! there is a lot of folks out there that are sitting on 2-3 science or mystic gems but they just dont have the champs. yeah that would be a good way to try and help the community out
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    They added class crystals.. they just cost real money.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    They added class crystals.. they just cost real money.

They're also not guaranteed a * level overly relevant in the game. My reference would be to some ideas that have been posted for class crystals for an increased amount of shards. Last idea was 12500 shards for a class crystal, but I don't see it being that cheap
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Right, i mean for example they could have a 12,500 mystic crystal. Who knows you could pull a Iron fist, GR, or Sym Supreme. I'd take that gamble with my current situation.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Rixob wrote: »
    Hey so i was thinking about the champions that have been released and how there was such a lack of mystic champs and i randomly thought about how many champs are in the game. If there are over 100 champions in the 5* crystal alone, how long can Kabam keep up with that pace, and is it hurting the player base?
    We all know the RNG can be very generous, and very disappointing. Kabam has said that they never intended for the RNG to play such a big roll in game progression, but it sill plays a huge part. With the current rate of which new champions are being introduced, is it going to be harder for newer players to progress? Idk just some thoughts.

I think the fact that it is vastly easier for new players to progress in the game now than at any prior time suggests this is not a problem for progression itself.