**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Connection Issues [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Same connection issues
    Samsung S9+
    Cell data and Wifi connections
    Latest software
    All game modes
  • NOMFNOMF Posts: 43
    Hey guys, I'm sorry to hear some of you are experiencing connection issues since installing the most recent update.

I'm going to alert the rest of the Team to this problem. However, in the meantime, please comment below by providing answers to the following questions:

1- What is your device make and model?
    2- Are you are attempting to play the game over a WiFi or a cellular network connection?
    3- Have you have tried playing through WiFi as opposed to a cellular connection or vice versa, and if so, what happens?
    4- Have you tried playing the game on an alternative device, and if so, were you able to play without encountering this issue?
    5- Where abouts in the game has this issue presented itself to you, is it on the initial loading screen or when you are playing in a game mode such as Arena, Alliance Quest/War, etc?

I understand it can be really frustrating when the game doesn't perform in the way you expect, and if possible, we want to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you very much in advance for your input.

This is not meant to be rude, but after nearly a year of players using this template to report the same connection issues, when will it get more than a vague acknowledgement? If it’s not going to be addressed or fixed, just tell us. We will stop complaining about it if we could get more definitive answers.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    So this is part of the game from now on. Funny thing is the lack of responses. As if thousands of players are just having bad connections. This as been proven many times before that its not our devices but their servers or the coding that keeps connecting disconnecting. Its also getting the devices hot since this morning. It’s quite sad to see such a jewel of a game been constantly dropping the ball. So many bugs are happening every months to just being ignored by the staff. I used to be polite and not bother too much but since I’m a paying costumer ( $ in thousands ) since I’ve been playing. I think its time I start looking into this matter a bit more seriously.

To be continued.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    I get connection errors for months and AI hitting thru block i have an ipad wifi cellular doesnt matter just ready to quit after 4 years ive done pretty good as a free to play player but now the bugs want me to spend money because the overloaded content the game wants you to play cant be handled on a mobile device make the game a console option to level the playing field a little with the ability to play on a mobile device if needed least of i lag in fortnite it doesnt cost me anything but some frustration
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    edited January 2019
    Vossler77 wrote: »
    So this is part of the game from now on. Funny thing is the lack of responses. As if thousands of players are just having bad connections. This as been proven many times before that its not our devices but their servers or the coding that keeps connecting disconnecting. Its also getting the devices hot since this morning. It’s quite sad to see such a jewel of a game been constantly dropping the ball. So many bugs are happening every months to just being ignored by the staff. I used to be polite and not bother too much but since I’m a paying costumer ( $ in thousands ) since I’ve been playing. I think its time I start looking into this matter a bit more seriously.

To be continued.

I have been looking at this and sadly I will not be posting this on the forum. Sometimes things are better kept in the dark. The time as come for me to say goodbye to all I have spoken, comment or insulted. I wish you all the best. Keep grinding!!
  • NOMFNOMF Posts: 43
    This may be my last month of playing. Constant connection issues and no help from support. It’s a wonderful game, but almost pointless to play if you cannot connect properly.

Fix your servers or add more!

I think they still rent server space from google. Personally, I think the connection issues stem from a coding or programming problem. But I don’t have enough facts to say that with 100 percent certainty. It’s only my opinion.
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    iPhone 7 iOS 12.1.2

Everywhere in the game
    Entering the game
    Doing anything swichting to any screen can trigger it.

Last night I tried to r5 vision og 5s ever time I tried to feed him iso I had a connection issue ... was a long frustrating hour to update him.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    Connection issues are terrible, lag has been crazy and parry is working when it wants but could be due to the lag.
  • DareDvlDanDareDvlDan Posts: 84
    Since the last update connection issues have been absolutely non-stop. Every single time I get a loading screen I also get a connection error. It is definitely not my network, no other apps are experiencing issues.
  • XxReaperxXXxReaperxX Posts: 3
    Samsung Galaxy S9 here. Brand new phone, roughly eight days old. I work from home so a high-speed internet connection is retired and I have the highest package courtesy of Spectrum in mid-state New York.

The OS is the most recent version and save for social media and work-related apps (Facebook,. Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Slack) and other required apps (Google Play), I have no other apps on my phone.

The version of MCOC I have on my phone is the most up-to-date version.

There is no specific rhyme or reason for my connectivity issues. I have repeatedly confirmed that my other wireless devices are working properly when the issues in MCOC arise. I have tried my wifi as well as my 4g service and the issues persist regardless.

The issues have gotten progressively worse since even prior to the last update (roughly 2-3 days prior to the update is when I really began to notice the issues) and as of this morning (10 am ET on 1.11.19) the game is nearly unplayable. In fact, I would go as far as to say it is entirely unplayable at this point.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Its gotten real real bad lately for players who typically dont have this problem, on the same wifi and/or cell service they have had for a long time
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    The last few months have been great in regards to connection, but ever since last months update. The connection seems unstable, even more so with this months update. Someone joked in my alliance saying Ad0ra took her servers with her :( lmao.

Jokes aside, it's a great concern now that Season 7 has kicked off, multiple alliance members after winning a fight or simply clicking "fight" get the dreadful connection error message...where you really just have to wait there and hope it goes through. This can lead to multiple attack bonuses lost in the future due to simply not loading up the fight, or the fight not registering after it was completed. The connection issues haven't been this bad since the summer when we had the overheating issues. (Thank god that's gone for most)

Would we have to wait until future updates for this problem to be resolved? Just trying to get an update on the subject.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    The hamsters powering the servers were Ad0ra's pets. Now they have miike on the hamster wheel and he's not conditioned for it yet.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Well, it is winter. They need more time to grow some more potatoes to power their servers.
  • Every few minutes or hours I get a connection issue. I am 2m away from the wireless router and I have 4G connection.
    Now why is it so often??
    What you guys done after this update??
    All i get is connection issue on my android. :'(:|:|:|:|
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are sorry for the frustration related to these connection issues. We've passed along all of the information shared here and the team is aware and actively looking into what is causing increased connection issues for some players. Thank you for your patience as we work on this issue.

Thank you for replying, hopefully we get some sort of update. I'm sure it isn't for "some players" as a lot of us have high end smart phones or the latest iPad or tablet. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's on Wi-Fi which I'm right next to at home or at work. Or even cellular which for me verizon has one of the strongest signals in NYC, it happens in every single game mode. Hell it happens just pressing help for my alliance mates.
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    Same problem. When I navigate the menu tabs. When I level up. When I rank up. When I begin a fight. When a fight ends. It’s practically a connectivity issue every time I try to do something in the game, besides purchase units, of course. No connectivity issues then. It’s been since the update prior to last months event quest, but this month is even worse. I wasn’t even experiencing the lag that people seemed to have such a problem with Darkhawk, but now it’s becoming as disruptive as last summer’s over heating issue. @Kabam Miike this isn’t an issue on our end, it’s a Kabam issue. Is this being looked in to?

IPhoneX
    WiFi
    Everything current and up to date
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Samsung S7
    Almost always play on Wifi.
    I get frequent Check your Connection issue in all areas of the game:
    Loading in from fights
    Actual fights
    Victory/Defeat screen
    Loading out from fights
    Requesting Help
    Giving Help
    Leveling Champs
    Changing screens

Pretty much every aspect. Quite often after every 2-3 fights, if not more frequent.

Wife has her own Samsung S7, doesn't play as much as me, but similar frequency of issues.

Don't have this on other phone games, and our home and/or work network is perfect fine.
  • StabbinbuttsStabbinbutts Posts: 39
    This is getting old every time I try and do a fight in aq and aw it always pops up with connection problems. Sometimes it doesn't allow me to fight and my champs lose half health. When is this issue gonna be addressed.
  • We dont have the greatest speeds here,but still more than enough to handle the game. Banner pops up every 10 mins or so.7fcl34mccnvd.png
This discussion has been closed.