**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Uncollected Red Hulk zero hit easy kill-Time is the only element needed

2»

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Here we can see another “Uncollected Boss is easy stop complaining” post, I their natural habitat. Yet the included video or the original post talks about using God champs or the best counter to the node.

Actually, while no uncollected boss is "easy" in an absolute sense, the ones in this month's uncollected are easier than average. In the case of Red Hulk, there are multiple champions that can work optimally (Void, MODOK, Cap IW come to mind), you do not need a maximal version of any of the good options, and I've also discovered that there are multiple strategies to bring him down. Heal reversal is an obvious choice, but another is to use a champion that you can attack aggressively without dying to SP3 (which prevents heals from stacking up). OG Vision can work, and something that can tank multiple SP3s like Korg or Luke Cage can work.

Any uncollected boss that has multiple attack options, multiple strategies for attacking, and doesn't require any difficult to master or unique skills, is going to be easier than average for uncollected bosses because some uncollected bosses omit at least one of those properties. In fact I'm already done with uncollected, and while I had specific reasons to focus on and burn energy to complete it quicker this month, it wasn't hard forging past without studying the content a lot and that's unusual for me. Usually, I save the hardest uncollected boss runs for last to buy time.
  • Options
    SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    I had this guy down to 1 percent hitting into his blocks which he could easily disengage and kill me.He then threw his sp1 which I evaded and then killed him.He is really tough to fight regen,spiked armour,counter tactics and unblockable finale.I used my 4.55 blade with danger sense and it still did not stop the unblockable.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Highly doubt you could do it with a three star...even playing perfectly you’d eventually be pushed against the wall or block damaged to death.

Not really. Rulk has a defensive node, so you can dance with him like baiting a special. You can also safely attack into his block if you see him dash back and put the block up. That doesnt remove regen stacks or give him the 20% attack per combo.

cy47w88fsbtp.jpg
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    I think modok is probably the best, IMO
  • Options
    BayPirAteBayPirAte Posts: 23
    How can u kill him modok any example he can’t effect regeneration
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Modok's sp1 reverse healing.

Wait for regen stacks to build up a lot, sp1, win.
  • Options
    Lol & how long u have to wait for his ref to build... what’s the point of playing game...
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    Does anyone just straight up out damage him?

5/65 max sig SL soloed him once, but got real lucky with red hulk not behaving according to the defensive node, instead he was real agressive so could intercept/parry/negate those regen thingies.

• Options
    Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Will 1point in despair work with a 5/50 sig60 void?
  • Options
    TyreeTyree Posts: 7
    BayPirAte wrote: »
    Lol & how long u have to wait for his ref to build... what’s the point of playing game...

Saw an example on YouTube..... His regen stack has to be at least 75 😂
  • Options
    MasterB8terMasterB8ter Posts: 8
    Tyree wrote: »
    Here we can see another “Uncollected Boss is easy stop complaining” post, I their natural habitat. Yet the included video or the original post talks about using God champs or the best counter to the node.

If this was aimed at me, I didn't say it was easy did i? i tried a few 4, 5 and 6* champs before I did this and posted it not to brag but to show it can be done with a 3*. These threads are here to help and as I don't have a void higher than 3* and earlier in the thread someone said it couldn't be done so i thought id give it a shot..... Now others who are struggling with the nodes on this champ know it can be done with a 3* void so no need for the sarcastic comments, i wouldn't have even thought of taking a 3* into uncollected so thank you Furion17 for suggesting it, and for anyone that's wanting to try but isn't sure, my 3* void only has a sig level of 17 and as you can see in the top right of the screenshot he was down in under 1min30

Did you finish all of your UC Rulk runs before maintenance Tuesday night? I ask bc I too have been using a low sig (27) 3* void (1pt in despair) to beat the UC Rulk, but I've been encountering problems since Wednesday morning. Before maintenance I had cleared all but one path in that chapter w/o wiping and having to back out/start over. A few times using 3* void and once using a 4* capIW (idk how i managed that with 1 pt in despair bc i haven't been able to duplicate it). When i went to finish my last path on Wednesday, i died bc rulk was really aggressive when i used void. Really defensive when i used cap IF i had a petrify on him. Figured it was a fluke, so backed out and went back in.......7 tries later now and everytime I use my 3* void, rulk charges in, i evade and he stands there unguarded for a sec, then charges again. Keeps doing it until I'm cornered. He is still defensive against any other champ i try, but ultra aggressive for my void lol.
    I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this, or did i just completely forget how to play while i slept Tuesday night =/
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Don’t want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I have both MODOK (dup’d 5/50, sig 60) and CAIW (undup’d 3/45)

When I use MODOK sadly the hulk plays me very aggressively. I back up he just keeps coming until I’m pinned to the wall and have to fight my way out. He just seems to be on a constant forward attack. Will continue trying/adjusting.

When I use CAIW, red hulk plays very defensively I move forward he backs up, hardly attacking and it’s difficult to build up his kinetic potential.

In master I’ve beaten him on two runs using SL 3/45 and AA 5/50. AA actually stopped his unstoppable from triggering but it seems to be a hit or miss.

Not taking anything away from the OP but just understand that the ai for whatever (good ol RNG) reason plays other summoners differently.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    There's an even easier method than reverse heal. It's called Hyperion. Well timed blocks to build furies. Hold on to the s3 until he hits 25%, throw it and done.
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    Does anyone just straight up out damage him?

Yes, I soloed him with Blade +DS multiple times and I have friends who did it with Starky and Corvus.
  • Options
    ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    UC rulk was the toughest fight for me this EQ. My R5 sparky couldn’t outdamage him. Initial build up of poise was fine, but even with taunt, his defensiveness made him damn hard to bait SP. and eventually rulk regenned back a lot. Then spiked armor eventually KOed sparky.

My CapIW only built up 2 petrifys at most, same, Rulk was so defensive that it’s hard to parry stun him. Plus I didn’t max despair so maybe that’s why reverse regen didn’t work.

In the end, my 4* Blade (+GR synergy) was my MVP. After sparky could usually only take rulk down to 50%, blade did the rest. Had to be at the top of my game when fight got below 25%. Unlike diablo or the thing, which fights were much less tense. Haha.

But I am done with rulk, thankfully without revives used. One run was the best when sparky and cap got rulk down to 18%, on came blade, danger sense suppressed unblockable finale from proc-ing, and blade finished rulk quickly.
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2019
    Two clears more and I'll have the Rulk quest done. so far I believe he's the hardest boss this month but nothing terrible although I don't have high ranked Void, Duped IWCap or Modok. won't risk an 3* r1 Void, IWCap or 4* r1 Modok against an 30k PI boss
  • Options
    TyreeTyree Posts: 7
    Tyree wrote: »

If this was aimed at me, I didn't say it was easy did i? i tried a few 4, 5 and 6* champs before I did this and posted it not to brag but to show it can be done with a 3*. These threads are here to help and as I don't have a void higher than 3* and earlier in the thread someone said it couldn't be done so i thought id give it a shot..... Now others who are struggling with the nodes on this champ know it can be done with a 3* void so no need for the sarcastic comments, i wouldn't have even thought of taking a 3* into uncollected so thank you Furion17 for suggesting it, and for anyone that's wanting to try but isn't sure, my 3* void only has a sig level of 17 and as you can see in the top right of the screenshot he was down in under 1min30

Did you finish all of your UC Rulk runs before maintenance Tuesday night? I ask bc I too have been using a low sig (27) 3* void (1pt in despair) to beat the UC Rulk, but I've been encountering problems since Wednesday morning. Before maintenance I had cleared all but one path in that chapter w/o wiping and having to back out/start over. A few times using 3* void and once using a 4* capIW (idk how i managed that with 1 pt in despair bc i haven't been able to duplicate it). When i went to finish my last path on Wednesday, i died bc rulk was really aggressive when i used void. Really defensive when i used cap IF i had a petrify on him. Figured it was a fluke, so backed out and went back in.......7 tries later now and everytime I use my 3* void, rulk charges in, i evade and he stands there unguarded for a sec, then charges again. Keeps doing it until I'm cornered. He is still defensive against any other champ i try, but ultra aggressive for my void lol.
    I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this, or did i just completely forget how to play while i slept Tuesday night =/

I finished that chapter a while ago so I couldn't tell you