Options

Block dropping for no reason

I know I’m probably going to get some generic Kabam response from this, telling me to report this in the bugs section. My block drops or doesn’t trigger at all. I press my screen to block and it doesn’t trigger at all. It’s so annoying, especially when it happens in act 5.

Comments

• Options
    lukakalukaka Posts: 79
    yes me too it totally dropped as if there wasn't even a function of blocking in the game and lost in a very important fight!
  • Options
    LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    I have a theory that its a little bug in the coding that is registering a touch as a different command. Ive noticed a few times where ive dashed back while trying to block and other times where its a medium attack when i try to block.. I have no issue with this after i wipe my phone screen clean. IM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE ISSUE JUST WHAT IVE NOTICED
  • Options
    LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    AS an example.. If you dash back and hold block you MAY roll your thumb slightly just enough for the game to register as a swipe.
  • Options
    Seems more prevalent on older devices from what I've experienced. My new S9+, I don't really run into any of the block drops, or misfires. My S7 on the other hand... block drops, block doesn't work, special misfires, champs randomly dashing forward headlong into an attack while holding block, randomly having the screen flip 180° mid battle, etc. None of that occurs on my S9+ though. If I mistime something, that's on me now.

So if you're using a device that's over 2 years old, you're more likely to experience some extra buggy game behavior. Newer devices don't seem to experience laggy/buggy game play. The bugs might just be your device not being able to keep up with the game. Seeing as how there's no legitimate hardware requirements listed for this game, one cannot be sure if their device is up to snuff until they try playing.

With every new update, older devices experience more and more issues. My S5 lags so bad, I gave it to my son to use as a streaming device. At least on the S7 I can lower the screen res and get it to run somewhat smoothly. I use it for my second account. My main is ran on my S9+. The difference is night and day. Next to no load time. Smooth gameplay. A whole different gaming experience. Both are Android OS, but the S9+ hardware makes all the difference. Quadcore S7, Octocore S9+. 4GB RAM S7, 6 GB RAM S9+. Truth is, as the game evolves, it's gonna require better hardware to keep up. Just some food for thought.
  • Options
    PiccoloSBCPiccoloSBC Posts: 103
    @SiriusBreak thanks for the insight. Yeah I’m running mcoc on an iPhone 6 right now. I can’t upgrade my phone every year just to keep up with updates though.
  • Options
    Thank you for reporting this to us. The best way we're going to get what we need and further investigate this is by having you head over to the thread below and fill out our provided template.

iOS

Thank you in advance!
This discussion has been closed.