**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Proxima midnight good unduped?

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
6sxhtyviavoc.png
After 14 bad pulls the streak has ended. Tips? I used a cosmic gem on VTD yesterday lol figured it’d be a cosmic I pull

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,553 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Dupe isn’t necessary, other than to add a fourth mission at 100 combo and to grant her a permanent true accuracy buff after 100 combo. Unduped she still gets 3 missions (parry+incapacitate+intercept) and the buffs associated with them.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Thanks @DrZola what exactly does true accuracy do? Lol
  • Options
    I’ll jus read her thanks for the help
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,408 ★★★★★
    She even heal blocks with her sp1
  • Options
    She even heal blocks with her sp1

I just seen that! I’ve been needing a good healblocker!
  • Options
    SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    She has synergy with corvus that turns his true damage into true strike if that's important to you... Useful for NC, Spidey, and Modok.
  • Options
    Ooooooh nice! I have a maxed out 4* Corvus!
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Ahitlaw wrote: »
    Thanks @DrZola what exactly does true accuracy do? Lol

Prevents evade and autoblock, it’s basically true strike but doesn’t ignore armor
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I wouldn’t say I’m an expert or that I’ve discovered all her interactions but her block ability is very unique. Can perry/stun against machoism nodes and something I just discover last war is that kinetic reactor doesn’t generate any power against her while she blocks. Very good paired with Corvus when you factor in all the combined utilities. Her ultimate mission is cool but doesn’t factor into majority of fights.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
    got a 6* Prox on a mini account. She is an absolute beast. Get good at intercepting and completing those missions. She can put a hurt'n on guys.
  • Options
    Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    Amazing. My number one character I want. Want her more than Thing.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    She does perfectly well unduped. Her sig is mainly for LOL type fights where you’re fighting for a while and the opponent has high health. I’ve found my 3/45 obliterated anything in Act 5 before I even finished her third mission.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I have her as a 6*, and here's my honest opinion on her.

If you are really good at completing her missions, she can be incredible. I'm not that good at it though. I can complete the parry missions just fine, obviously. I can also complete her incapacitate missions (knocking down the opponent), however most typical fights (LOL and ROL excluded), you've probably won the fight by the time you get 5 or 6 knock downs.

Her intercept mission is the hardest for me to complete though. Personally, I think it's a little bugged, cause I can get the intercepts with killmonger just fine, but doing the same type of things with Proxima don't seem to count. Proxima only seems to count an intercept as landing a hit when the opponent is dashing in. KM is far more forgiving.

So to summarize that, she is capable of massive damage, however it needs to be a long fight, and you need to be very good at mastering her fight style.

Now, all that being said, I still take her everywhere, cause the rest of my team is Corvus, Thor Ragnarok, Hulk Ragnarok, and occasionally Nebula. The synergies she provides to them are invaluable in my opinion. Especially the Corvus synergy that gives true strike after knocking down an opponent that has evaded or auto-blocked.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you have a Corvus you're currently using anyway, she's well worth ranking in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I only really use proxima to activste Corvus, I don't use her to actually attack with her so it doesn't matter to me whether she dupe or not
  • Options
    mgj0630 wrote: »
    I have her as a 6*, and here's my honest opinion on her.

If you are really good at completing her missions, she can be incredible. I'm not that good at it though. I can complete the parry missions just fine, obviously. I can also complete her incapacitate missions (knocking down the opponent), however most typical fights (LOL and ROL excluded), you've probably won the fight by the time you get 5 or 6 knock downs.

Her intercept mission is the hardest for me to complete though. Personally, I think it's a little bugged, cause I can get the intercepts with killmonger just fine, but doing the same type of things with Proxima don't seem to count. Proxima only seems to count an intercept as landing a hit when the opponent is dashing in. KM is far more forgiving.

So to summarize that, she is capable of massive damage, however it needs to be a long fight, and you need to be very good at mastering her fight style.

Now, all that being said, I still take her everywhere, cause the rest of my team is Corvus, Thor Ragnarok, Hulk Ragnarok, and occasionally Nebula. The synergies she provides to them are invaluable in my opinion. Especially the Corvus synergy that gives true strike after knocking down an opponent that has evaded or auto-blocked.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you have a Corvus you're currently using anyway, she's well worth ranking in my humble opinion.

Thank you for that—I’ve had issues understanding exactly what counts as an intercept for Prox as well. I’m getting the hang of it, but it seems a little different from, say, Magik.

She’s excellent for projectile partying and is always on my team if there’s a Domino, Yondu or IWIM or if I need true strike. But when Mission 2 turns up as the first one I grimace a little.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    I have an r5 5* unduped corvus and have an r3 duped proxima. Is she worth r4?
  • Options
    @Animejay70 don’t have Corvus so hard for me to say.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    The fourth mission is to get to 100 hits (This can be reduced to 75 if you have a synergy with Corvus).
    Once hits are reached, Prox will get a permanent true accuracy buff, a prowness buff, and a permanent fury buff for each mission completed.
    4 Prowness
    4 Fury
    Sp2 or Sp3
    400k+Damage
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,786 ★★★★★
    If you happen to have Thor Rags (I don't) , she also gets a hit combo shield until she reaches 50 hits. Even better!
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    I have an r5 5* unduped corvus and have an r3 duped proxima. Is she worth r4?

I would say it depends on how well you can fight with her, and where you're at in game content. If you're able to complete her missions, and you're working on content with very long fights, I'd guess she's worth R4. Play with her a while and see. Just have to remember that her incredible damage will never kick in on short fights, cause you'll either die trying to complete them, or win (at least that's what happens to me).

Congrats on Corvus though. Mine is also unduped 5*R5. He's a damn wrecking ball.