**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Season Points Error

Comments

• Options
    Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    Yeah, it's clearly just an error. It is literally impossible to score as many points as some alliance have been given for a war. A t2 alliance in third place? Not really even possible.

Tier 2 alliance in 2nd and 3rd place

My thread was closed and directed here, just hope they get it fixed and not like the AW boosts absent for over a month. “Everything is working as intended” . If one buff showed up past month then ok, it’s RNG, but chances all 3 being a no show yet every other buff in that slow has cycled numerous times is a statistical anomaly.

Hope they fixed in last update.

Good luck in war everyone.

• Options
    A lot of alliances post their wars on YouTube. You should be able to see if one of the alliances is going the cheating route by matching a shell or if they’re posting war 1 and 3 and not #2 for example would be suspicious. That though doesn’t even matter because I’ve seen two wars #1 played and defenders were placed on both sides. There is no scenario where their points would be that high and no scenario a tier 2 alliance points would be as high as #2-3
  • Options
    SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    The issue was JUST discovered today. Give Kabam time to investigate and fix the issue. Chances of cheating are probably really low and even if it is a result of cheating, they'll be punished accordingly.
  • Options
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    The issue was JUST discovered today. Give Kabam time to investigate and fix the issue. Chances of cheating are probably really low and even if it is a result of cheating, they'll be punished accordingly.

Well they may be punished but I doubt it's a proper punishment kabam is terrible at those.
    If cheating is discovered, then I would expect all members to get at least a 30-day ban, minimum. Honestly, though, they deserve a perma-ban.
  • Options
    Just to put a cap on this for today, we can confirm that there was an issue that caused some Alliances to get awarded the points twice, and are working on a fix.

There was no cheating involved from these Alliances.
  • Options
    Just to put a cap on this for today, we can confirm that there was an issue that caused some Alliances to get awarded the points twice, and are working on a fix.

Good stuff Mike, *on a side note* are you all able to see if there was any alliances that try to match up personally and play a team taking down 0-10 defenders total in a way to try to cheat the system.

Thanks for getting on this promptly 💪
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    It does seem like some scores are being changed, as our current alliance rank has changed some places and some of the bracket cutoff scores seem to be different. But it looks like it is taking time to go through all of them and it isn't finished yet.
  • Options
    DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    MattMan wrote: »

Would still like to see some transparency around how this happened. Has it happened before and nobody noticed? What’s being done to prevent this from happening again? We’re only the top alliances affected? If so, why?

This - curious how it is happening - considering I opened a ticket last season about this
  • Options
    ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    Any update on this issue?
  • Options
    There have been scoreboard changes, but the top score is still the same. Which is odd, seeing as how that would be where I would have started looking.

Something else weird: unless I'm misinterpreting the data somehow about a hundred scores just plain disappeared or dropped to zero. I don't know how this particular scoring bug could give an alliance points that didn't even fight in a war.

When scores were first posted I took note of the lowest alliance to score any points, not by name but by placement. All scores below Stone 2: rank 355 were zero. Now, it is all scores below Stone 2: rank 258. That means 97 fewer alliances scored any points up to day three. But that doesn't really mesh with my understanding of how scores were inflated.
  • Options
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    They said they will fix. You still ask when when when.. It is like tomorrow season is ending

Since @Kabam Miike posted that Kabam was working on a fix, exactly one player asked for an update. Exactly zero players asked "when when when."
  • Options
    LialechkaLialechka Posts: 35
    So, keeping double rewards and point isn’t considered cheating?
    And I think it’s time to ask “when when when”
    No one wants to see themselves in the wrong place on the leaderboard.
  • Options
    Lialechka wrote: »
    So, keeping double rewards and point isn’t considered cheating?
    And I think it’s time to ask “when when when”
    No one wants to see themselves in the wrong place on the leaderboard.

Cheating implies that the alliances that are getting the extra points are causing it to happen themselves. And are they really getting "double rewards" from one AW win?
  • Options
    LialechkaLialechka Posts: 35
    Honestly, it doesn’t matter to me what or who caused this problem. Just want it fixed. And yes, they are getting double rewards ( I was told by people who got them), so they are well aware of the miscalculation.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Ya definately something is going on.

Last war we were roughly 150k-200k points behind our next bracket.

Won this war that just ended and now well over 400k from the next bracket.

Whatever calculations are going on at Kabam HQ are not adding up on my end LOL.

I am hoping they are fixing things and it’s just taking time so right now the camera are all messed up.
  • Options
    Al3xAl3x Posts: 42
    It seems that the alliances with double points still get to keep their extra points? Didnt see any adjustment as of now @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I thought they would have been done.. they docked 15 alliances for cheating (I have the list), but we had a maintenance and they still haven’t docked the alliances which I can name who are sitting in Masters from double pts the first war.

The thing about getting these ratings is also for bragging rights.
    These alliances are getting benefits from recruiting showing them higher than they are and pushing us lower down than we are.

What our alliance has accomplished this season is prideful and this is just getting irritating.

Could you please fix this mods, it can’t be that hard to take away the pts that they got extra from the first war of season

@Kabam Miike am I allowed to post the alliances who for certain got double points as it is nothing they did or bad against them.
  • Options
    ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    edited January 2019
    Any E.T.A. on this issue. Did you guys forget about this? We haven't get any answer or update about it... We only have 2 weeks more this season and double points are still showing on leaderboards.
  • Options
    ReyAlemán wrote: »
    Any E.T.A. on this issue. Did you guys forget about this? We haven't get any answer or update about it... We only have 2 weeks more this season and double points are still showing on leaderboards.

Better way of saying it "they still have 2 weeks to fix it". If it's still there at season-end, then complain, but asking for an update every day or two isn't going to help.
  • Options
    Hey all,

We've just posted on this issue here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/118987/regarding-double-season-points-awarded-in-alliance-wars

We have found the cause of this issue, and are working to implement a fix, but unfortunately will not be able to do this before the end of Season 7. We are aiming to have this fix in place for Season 8.

In the meantime, we will be checking for Alliances affected by this bug on a weekly basis, and will be adjusting scores accordingly.

This means that there will likely be a delay between the end of the Season and Season Rewards being issued. Please remember to remain in your Alliance until Season Rewards have been delivered.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    This means that there will likely be a delay between the end of the Season and Season Rewards being issued. Please remember to remain in your Alliance until Season Rewards have been delivered.

Can we get this stickied at the top to prevent the 1400 threads that will be started asking where rewards are?

Edit: OF general, not just news.
  • Options
    Al3xAl3x Posts: 42
    Just to clarify will you be adjusting only at the end of the season? Or will it be adjusted on weekly basis as and when it happen?

We still see some top alliances with double points (from the first war) as of now
  • Options
    THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    Are you saying we won't know an accurate ranking list for the entire season 7 of aw?

• Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    THX135 wrote: »
    Are you saying we won't know an accurate ranking list for the entire season 7 of aw?

cant believe it can be fixed, halfway through the season, this is crazy,