**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam can you please explain why certain champs are in certain classes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Korg, Falcon and Agent Venom are the three I don't get.

Falcon being skill seems barking when his signature ability is his Redwing drone and he uses the technology of his winged jet-pack.

Agent Venom, like above post said, should be cosmic when he's using the Klyntar symbiote and, in particular, his sig ability is "Klyntar Rage" and he relies on the symbiote for his evasion.
  • Options
    luffy_91luffy_91 Posts: 27
    Charnutz wrote: »
    Probably trying to balance. I mean why else would juggy be a mystic and not mutant lol

Well juggs definitely is in the right class. He gets his powers from an artifact of cyttorak, who is a mystical being in the marvel universe.
  • Options
    DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    One class which will always be right is mutant, because mutants are mutants who will be in the mutant class, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:(:(
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    @Yellow8Fellow what's confusing me is that there seems to be a very thin line between science and tech... when does something stop being science and becomes tech? lol... ironman's arc reactor is technically science yet he is tech, even tho it's powering his suit... as for goblin and doc I already said I understand why they'd be tech... I mean you have to use science to create tech 😅
    also it's been mentioned multiple times in comics that Sentry's powers actually come from a cosmic source, which is why I mentioned it... but I guess science isn't completely wrong now that I think about it

Science should better be renamed Biochemistry, as that is what it is.

Ant-Man and the others are Tech, as they wear a suit like Iron Man. Without it they are just human. Their biochemical make-up didn't change. Ghost on the other hand got blasted with quantum particles so she can phase. Her suit simply stabilizes her but doesn't cause the phasing. She is Science/Biochemistry.

Same thing with the FF, they are biochemically changed due to the cosmic accident. They are not extraterrestrial in origin like the Kree or Asgardians. I guess Captain Marvel belongs more in the Science/Biochemistry class as she isn't born Kree but made into Kree.

Inhumans are debatable. They are much more akin to Mutants: humans who carry a Kree gene. Quake being Inhuman is largely because of the series, not the original comics. I guess they put Quake in Science/Biochemistry because she didn't belong to the Inhumans on the moon.
  • Options
    SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    @Yellow8Fellow what's confusing me is that there seems to be a very thin line between science and tech... when does something stop being science and becomes tech? lol... ironman's arc reactor is technically science yet he is tech, even tho it's powering his suit... as for goblin and doc I already said I understand why they'd be tech... I mean you have to use science to create tech 😅
    also it's been mentioned multiple times in comics that Sentry's powers actually come from a cosmic source, which is why I mentioned it... but I guess science isn't completely wrong now that I think about it

Ant-Man and the others are Tech, as they wear a suit like Iron Man. Without it they are just human. Their biochemical make-up didn't change. Ghost on the other hand got blasted with quantum particles so she can phase. Her suit simply stabilizes her but doesn't cause the phasing. She is Science/Biochemistry.

Same thing with the FF, they are biochemically changed due to the cosmic accident. They are not extraterrestrial in origin like the Kree or Asgardians. I guess Captain Marvel belongs more in the Science/Biochemistry class as she isn't born Kree but made into Kree.

Inhumans are debatable. They are much more akin to Mutants: humans who carry a Kree gene. Quake being Inhuman is largely because of the series, not the original comics. I guess they put Quake in Science/Biochemistry because she didn't belong to the Inhumans on the moon.

If you rename Science to be Biochemistry, then I think AntMan and Wasp are much more likely to be Science then Tech. The suit "stabalizes" them, but it's the Pym Particle, a Scientific expirement that shrinks the distance between objects, that causes the shrinking/growing. It can be used on things that aren't in the suit.

Capt Marvel has Kree DNA, that's my guess as to why she's Cosmic even though she's a Human.
  • Options

If you rename Science to be Biochemistry, then I think AntMan and Wasp are much more likely to be Science then Tech. The suit "stabalizes" them, but it's the Pym Particle, a Scientific expirement that shrinks the distance between objects, that causes the shrinking/growing. It can be used on things that aren't in the suit.

Capt Marvel has Kree DNA, that's my guess as to why she's Cosmic even though she's a Human.

But the Pym Particle is reversable and attached to the suit. All other Science champions are permanently changed. Also, the ability to control ants is due his cybernetic helmet. He also has Pym discs that can shrink inanimate objects. There is a very strong case to make him Tech.

Take for instant Rhino. He used to be a human in a rhino suit. Then he underwent a radioactive experiment that merged the suit with his body and enhanced it. Doc Oc on the other hand is more a cyborg who uses tech extensions.

I think people focus too much on the word 'science'. Iron Man's suits are as much 'science' as the Pym Particle. Besides, the symbol of Science is a laboratory flask for a reason.
  • Options
    ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    edited February 2019

But the Pym Particle is reversable and attached to the suit. All other Science champions are permanently changed. Also, the ability to control ants is due his cybernetic helmet. He also has Pym discs that can shrink inanimate objects. There is a very strong case to make him Tech.

Take for instant Rhino. He used to be a human in a rhino suit. Then he underwent a radioactive experiment that merged the suit with his body and enhanced it. Doc Oc on the other hand is more a cyborg who uses tech extensions.

I think people focus too much on the word 'science'. Iron Man's suits are as much 'science' as the Pym Particle. Besides, the symbol of Science is a laboratory flask for a reason.

thank you.. that's exactly what I was thinking
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 999 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    The F4 are probably the most debatable from OUR understanding. It was Cosmic radiation

Cosmic radiation are high energy particles so If you are okay with Antman being science you should be okay with this
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Charnutz wrote: »
    Probably trying to balance. I mean why else would juggy be a mystic and not mutant lol

Because he's not a mutant...
  • Options
    RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    Didnt karnak NOT go through the terragenesis thing? He just trained himself to be super good
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    The F4 are probably the most debatable from OUR understanding. It was Cosmic radiation

Cosmic radiation are high energy particles so If you are okay with Antman being science you should be okay with this

never said I wasn't. Said it was debatable from our viewpoint. And since you bring antman up, I think he should be tech. but understand him being science.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Rikurema wrote: »
    Didnt karnak NOT go through the terragenesis thing? He just trained himself to be super good

this is correct. it's even in his bio.
  • Options
    ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    edited February 2019
    @UmbertoDelRio
    okay first of all, you didn't even bother to go through the thread before commenting did you?! if you did you'd see some of my other comments.. I admitted to being wrong about some of them... and I gave my thoughts on why some of them shouldn't be in the classes they are... please take a moment to read through a thread before you comment in future... thank you
  • Options
    SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Don't really understand Agent Venom. I know he's a fighter and all, but he still has an alien suit attached to him.

i think when a character has "double personality", they choose the class based on the dominant personality

for example:

Venom - symbiote usually takes control, so its cosmic
    Venompool - symbiote takes control, so its cosmic, not mutant
    Agent Venom - flash comands the symbiote, so its skill, not cosmic
    Venom Duck - symbiote takes control, so its cosmic, not tech
    etc

However this debate proves to be in kabam as well, for i ve seen print screens of the same champion in 2 classes on those Test accounts during that Modok even that had hybrids, im never gonna find the pics now but i remember some shown there such as:

Moon knight skill class and Moonknight mystic class
    UC mystic class and UC mutant class
    Antman science class and Antman tech class
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Mcoc quake is from the series
    And she's also half inhuman
    In addition to that it's been shown that she's very intelligent, a hacker, a scientist even
    So it's easy to see how she fits in science for me
  • Options
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Mcoc quake is from the series
    And she's also half inhuman
    In addition to that it's been shown that she's very intelligent, a hacker, a scientist even
    So it's easy to see how she fits in science for me

In the series, she is Inhuman so cosmic but in the comics her powers came from her father's experiments so science.