**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CHAMPIONS UPDATE: CAPTAIN MARVEL

CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
edited February 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
With Captain Marvel’s movie around the corner and being one of the original champions of this contest, she deserves a better treatment.

This is a balanced proposal to her super reduced abilities.

Mods please coment and feel free to add.

Forum: be respectful and lets have a discussion of how Captain marvel should be improved.

dr7lyabvjwub.jpeg
dkr9g0tc9lzw.jpeg

Comments

• SuelSuel Posts: 279
    i like this
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    She definitely needs some love.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Her passive ability isn't well written ...
    "Energy base debuffs" , so Limbo and some types of degeneration (starburst for example) won''t be here since both are not debuffs. And making her immune to energy effects will probably never happen since new game content is being based on energy damage.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    She won't get buffed, they'll be a new champ to milk the whales
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Her passive ability isn't well written ...
    "Energy base debuffs" , so Limbo and some types of degeneration (starburst for example) won''t be here since both are not debuffs. And making her immune to energy effects will probably never happen since new game content is being based on energy damage.

I’d be happy if she healed a little from energy damage, or was able to use part of her power bar to heal.

Of course, mine is duped a few times over so I have a stake in it all.

Dr. Zola
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    At the very least, her energy resistance should be on par with Bishop's.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    When people say there’s no money in changing old champs, I recognize there isn’t as much money—but I think there’s an opportunity to do something balanced and beneficial for everyone with old champs, especially if you retool them for the current (or coming) meta.

Then just sell their crystals. Voila—money.

Dr. Zola
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    When people say there’s no money in changing old champs, I recognize there isn’t as much money—but I think there’s an opportunity to do something balanced and beneficial for everyone with old champs, especially if you retool them for the current (or coming) meta.

Then just sell their crystals. Voila—money.

Dr. Zola

How about the game satisfaction? People that say updating champs do not benefit kabam is a total lie.

The more happy people are the more they are going to invest time and money.

I like you idea about absorbing energy and converting some to health.

So true, even jane foster has energy resistance but not Captain Marvel. Just wow
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    There’s a thread for this.....
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    KK needs a buff too
    KK needs a buff too

I agree. Her fury should be permanent and stack for a maximum of 8. Or at least have a phoenix like mechanics.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★

Not all energy though - she actually has issues with Magic in the comics, so maybe halved against mystic characters?
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    With a class bonus, she can get fury's 30%
    With a class penalty she gets furys 20%
    Special 3 can give her energy like thors special 3. Every hit has a chance to deal extra damage, stun, or get armor break.
    @CapWW2 What do you think?
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    I just want more champs released with simple abilities to read like hers. No more iron Man infinity war ability novels.

Her abilities are simple to read because she does nothing. Just like Cyclops - and what a coincidence, just like Cyclops she's just a re-skinned version of her other character with absolutely no changes. Magneto too... (almost)
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    What will likely happen: Mar-Vell and some other Kree are released and give a unique synergy that gives Captain Marvel a boost. A rework gives Kabam no money. So far, there have only been two reworks a year and only in dire cases. Captain Marvel's case isn't hopeless. I don't expect a rework in the near future, unless ordered by Marvel themselves.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Anyway...

Her fury chance & duration is fine, seeing it raises damage by 50% and her damage is further increased by her sig.

Instead being unblockable, sp2 should crit like symbiote spidey + crit through block. Sp3 should activate Precision buff.

Agreed, she should have very high energy resistance. Make her basic hits count as energy damage.

Let energy-based debuffs like shock and incinerate heal her for the damage done and invoke a passive power gain for its duration. Don't bring IMIW against her!

Add her to the Ronan Cosmic Power synergy.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited February 2019
    Captain Marvel:

About Captain Marvel:
    Air force pilot Carol Danvers' changed course when she was caught in an explosion with an alien Kree craft. She gained superhuman levels of strength, flight and the ability to fire bolts of energy. A member of both the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, Carol inspires many by living the motto: ''We will be the stars we were always meant to be''.

Base stats & Abilities (5/50, 4*).
    Health: 15,660.
    Attack: 1,283.

Max PI:
    -With Signature (99): 4,239.
    -Without Signature: 3,452.

Character Class: Cosmic.
    Basic abilities: Fury, Direct Damage, Poison Immunity and Energy Damage Immunity.

All attacks
    25% chance for Fury, increasing your Attack by 667 for 10 seconds

Special 1: Cosmic Blast - A powerful beam of cosmic energy blasts all in its path.
    This attack deals True Damage, ignoring all of the opponent's armor, and inflicts an permanent armor break that reduces opponent armor by 200. Max stacks: 10.

Special 2: Cosmic Kick - Captain Marvel delivers a massive kick with galactic grace.
    This attack is unblockable and stuns the opponent for 5 seconds.

Special 3: Rocket Punch: Charging to maximum power levels, Captain Marvel releases concussive energy bursts from her hands.
    If the opponent has 1 or more armor break effects, Captain Marvel consumes them to apply an power reducing effect, that reduces opponent's power gain rate by 50% per armor break effect. If the opponent's power gain rate is 100% reduced, this attack will stun the opponent for 2 seconds.

Passive: Captain Marvel is immune to all poison and energy based damage of the battle realm.

Signature Ability: Attack is increased up to 1034.81 based on stored Power, in addition, blocking fully absorbs energy-based attacks, fueling Captain Marvel's Power Meter.

I think it looks a bit better now, lol.
    Amazing
  • Hey guys, if you haven't already, please share any Champion improvement suggestions you may have in THIS discussion. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.