Thoughts on the beta of Spider Gwen and She Hulk [Merged Threads]

124»

Comments

  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 694 ★★★
    CyborgGirl wrote: »
    Jane Thor still remains one of the most useless champ imo. Hopefully she gets enhanced too. Her damage is far too weak and she needs power control to be useful.

    Actually, she is really good for stun locking an opponent. The damage could be better, but her crit increases when the opponent is shocked (which also allows her to stun lock).

    Try her with a She-Hulk and DD synergy team.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 1,719 ★★★
    wasn't spider gwen ok before 12.0? when she didn't have different mods and was always capable of evening attacks while charging heavy or smth like that, done remember already. they could've just not touch her from there. as alternative, sp1 and autoevade may stack constant charges, like sparky's taunt. hope sp1 stays without dealing any damage
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    I’m apparently in the minority, but I find this incredibly disappointing. SG and SH frankly stink up the place, but so do a lot of other champs and Cage and Rhulk are recent science buff recipients.

    If there were a corollary announcement about a full year of scheduled champ change betas, then I might be more excited. No Magneto? No Cyke? No Iron Fist? No Dr. Strange? No Hulkbuster? No Iron Patriot? No Iron Man? No War Machine? No UC? No DPX? No Colossus? No Groot? No Gamora?

    Happy for all owners of SG and SH, but disagree with the prioritization of those two champs.

    Dr. Zola

    Pretty sure when magneto first came out he didn't have magnetism ability that was buffed afterwards, plus his recent interaction( helmet) with emma is a pseudo buff.

    IF was super nerfed by prenerf willpower mastery but he isn't too bad now, plus armor break is actually very good counter for some new champs.

    5* DS and new synergy kinda buffed him back to a ok level,

    IP remains broken because he is basically IM but probably the only champ remains in mcoc roster to have negative ability (damaged armor after sp) last champ I can remember was bb suicide sp2. He is in need of a buff

    War machine not even available pass 4* so probably will be awhile for him to get buff.

    Colossus has been buffed, still suck like sentry.

    The rest on your list totally need to be prioritize for a buff no doubt and you are definitely not a minority on that. But at least they have well understood abilities (eg. Unstoppable, armor break, regen when low health, power gain when low health, unblockable sp2, etc)... shehulk has duped ability that's not even described in details and SG... no damage sp1 is enough to drive an update, plus the spider verse movie is on now... that's why I think SG and SH are prioritized over others...

    Magnetized (if I recall correctly) was more of a token gesture after the end of perfect block teams added around 3 years ago when Willpower was still a thing. If there was a beta, I wasn’t involved. I’m not sure it’s fair to hang your hat on that as a recent buff (and it is pretty weak sauce per the past 2-3 metas). Recall too that he had some bleed removed from his specials (because it was too OP?).

    I’ve got a L60 5* IF. He’s not good. Sure, he armor breaks but wears pajamas for his own armor. If you’re going to make a glass cannon, at least give him a cannon.

    I’m embarrassed for Dr. Strange. No other champ in game has been more mistreated, in my opinion. If I controlled Marvel, I would ask to have him removed from MCoC.

    The rest I agree with you. My speculation is that SHulk will get buffs via Fantastic Four as well, making her somewhat serviceable. It would be ridiculous to elevate her much in game—she isn’t a major character, but then again, I never dreamt I would play a Marvel game pining away for the likes of Hyperion, Void, Masacre, Domino...

    As for Gwen, sure—she’s in a movie that is leaving theatres soon. But she’s not that bad, apart from her Sp1. Could have just done a rework of that and put it in the changelog and folks would have been grateful.

    Looking at it positively, I suppose any champ improvement is a good thing. I just would have started elsewhere.

    Dr. Zola
  • AleorAleor Posts: 1,719 ★★★
    also would love to see magneto and dpxf buffed first, as they both are available as 6* now
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    I would like to see new spider-gwen synergy, that would disable spider-man's classic and spider-man's miles morales evade, so players would have option to use them on offense without giving up on parry.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 247
    I would assume this means they’re looking to add these to the 6* crystal.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 241
    #buffdormammufinishlookingatthedataalreadythanks
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Of the 4 already buffed champs, were they changed at all after the beta from the proposed changes? My point is you can just but champs and release them w/o wasting a month of testing. That'd increase the 4 champs/year schedule you had in 2018.

    This is a good question. If they end up a little overbuffed, it’s not like the game team has ever had a problem adjusting champs via update. And in instances like this one, it would appropriate to issue caveats that there could be further adjustment over the next 30-60 days in the event of unforeseen issues.

    Dr. Zola
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 32
    edited February 2019
    Just got 5* She Hulk Couple days ago
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    I’m apparently in the minority, but I find this incredibly disappointing. SG and SH frankly stink up the place, but so do a lot of other champs and Cage and Rhulk are recent science buff recipients.

    If there were a corollary announcement about a full year of scheduled champ change betas, then I might be more excited. No Magneto? No Cyke? No Iron Fist? No Dr. Strange? No Hulkbuster? No Iron Patriot? No Iron Man? No War Machine? No UC? No DPX? No Colossus? No Groot? No Gamora?

    Happy for all owners of SG and SH, but disagree with the prioritization of those two champs.

    Dr. Zola

    Pretty sure when magneto first came out he didn't have magnetism ability that was buffed afterwards, plus his recent interaction( helmet) with emma is a pseudo buff.

    By this logic any new ability that’s added and can be instantly countered is a pseudo buff. IF got a buff when KM, Emma, and IMIW were released. DD got a buff when DH and Hood were released. OG BP and DPXF got a buff when Thing was added. Where does it end?

    I could maybe see a case for She Hulk but still, they already focused on science. It would’ve been a good opportunity to work on another class, a perfect opportunity to work on mutant during mutant week. Magneto and Colossus need more of a rework than DPXF. Mag is a 6* now too. Colossus has nothing. At least DPXF bleeds with every single hit and has a nice heavy bleed on his specials. Combined with DW is has nice synergy. Colossus ain’t got nothin’. Falcon and DDs could use love too. As could IF and Jane and HB and IM/IP. There were just better opportunities than going back to science.

    Well I am stressing more on his magnetism ability that was added after more than the Easter egg but I see your point. Can't really balance champs update by class (eg. Going back to science) if a champ is bad it's bad no matter which class they are in. And let's assume we go by class science was historically the worst class for a very very long time so reasonable to assume there are more outdated champions overall than other class...I can't think of any good science worth ranking (classic spidey? Cap ww2?) until better champs like void starts to show up. I am not disagreeing the champs u mentioned need update, but given some are already buffed it might be abit longer to revamp them again.

    Well I guess you have a fair point. I agree that science was basically the redheaded step child (except Rulk I always liked). I agree that it probably has the worst percentage of trashy champs, but I still think variety would be nice. They don’t even have to do class specific betas or champs related to each other. Buff She Hulk and Colossus for example. But if they just do solely one class I feel like it would be boring in a sense.

    But I am not complaining. I’m very happy to see they are reworking older champs. In fact I’m even happier it’s happening with a shorter break than last time. Maybe this is a sign they will do it more regularly.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 766 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    I’m apparently in the minority, but I find this incredibly disappointing. SG and SH frankly stink up the place, but so do a lot of other champs and Cage and Rhulk are recent science buff recipients.

    If there were a corollary announcement about a full year of scheduled champ change betas, then I might be more excited. No Magneto? No Cyke? No Iron Fist? No Dr. Strange? No Hulkbuster? No Iron Patriot? No Iron Man? No War Machine? No UC? No DPX? No Colossus? No Groot? No Gamora?

    Happy for all owners of SG and SH, but disagree with the prioritization of those two champs.

    Dr. Zola

    Pretty sure when magneto first came out he didn't have magnetism ability that was buffed afterwards, plus his recent interaction( helmet) with emma is a pseudo buff.

    By this logic any new ability that’s added and can be instantly countered is a pseudo buff. IF got a buff when KM, Emma, and IMIW were released. DD got a buff when DH and Hood were released. OG BP and DPXF got a buff when Thing was added. Where does it end?

    I could maybe see a case for She Hulk but still, they already focused on science. It would’ve been a good opportunity to work on another class, a perfect opportunity to work on mutant during mutant week. Magneto and Colossus need more of a rework than DPXF. Mag is a 6* now too. Colossus has nothing. At least DPXF bleeds with every single hit and has a nice heavy bleed on his specials. Combined with DW is has nice synergy. Colossus ain’t got nothin’. Falcon and DDs could use love too. As could IF and Jane and HB and IM/IP. There were just better opportunities than going back to science.

    Well I am stressing more on his magnetism ability that was added after more than the Easter egg but I see your point. Can't really balance champs update by class (eg. Going back to science) if a champ is bad it's bad no matter which class they are in. And let's assume we go by class science was historically the worst class for a very very long time so reasonable to assume there are more outdated champions overall than other class...I can't think of any good science worth ranking (classic spidey? Cap ww2?) until better champs like void starts to show up. I am not disagreeing the champs u mentioned need update, but given some are already buffed it might be abit longer to revamp them again.

    Well I guess you have a fair point. I agree that science was basically the redheaded step child (except Rulk I always liked). I agree that it probably has the worst percentage of trashy champs, but I still think variety would be nice. They don’t even have to do class specific betas or champs related to each other. Buff She Hulk and Colossus for example. But if they just do solely one class I feel like it would be boring in a sense.

    But I am not complaining. I’m very happy to see they are reworking older champs. In fact I’m even happier it’s happening with a shorter break than last time. Maybe this is a sign they will do it more regularly.

    Agree with you there I would be more happy to see she hulk and another class (hulkbuster, falcon) being revamped tbh but I am also not complaining at least they are probably being looked into. Heck even cap marvel just in time for the movie premiere.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 571 ★★
    i think it's not a good idea to buff such unlovely and not well khnown charachters when there is still very khnown and strong ones who are not great ( spider gween and she hulk ) aren't worthy of any beta and they don't deserve it imo .
    they should have been left to be the main reason peoples cry when they get them and to make us remember what's pulling a trash champion feels like .. so plz no beta for those

    in the main time try fixing those (sentry-- magneto-vision-superior iron man-gamora-
    cap marvel )

    ps. i have booth of them as 4* and 5*
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 699 ★★★
    Magneto and colossus should have been the champs for this beta I’m very disappointed in Kabam’s champion choice for this beta
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★
    belli300 wrote: »
    Magneto and colossus should have been the champs for this beta I’m very disappointed in Kabam’s champion choice for this beta

    Maybe when Dark Phoenix comes out they'll consider buffing them.
  • All the bench warmers deserve some retooling if you ask me. Sure some more than others. Sure some more desired than others. She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen for sure deserve the attention. Maybe it would've been nicer to see more well known characters get Buffed, but it is what it is. It's gonna happen.

    Personally, I'm rather excited to see what they do with Gwen. She-Hulk has never been my cup of tea in this game, but perhaps that'll change with the update. I have both so I'm good with seeing some new life being poured into those 2. Frankly, I enjoy using Spider-Gwen in arena. She's fun to use. Just not all that effective for Questing. That changing would be a grand thing IMO. At the end of the day, something is better than nothing.
  • Where did this leak come from? Just wondering if those who were getting invited got it, or if I still have a chance at an invite? Love participating in these betas even though I feel like tech and mutant needed some TLC a bit more.
  • RockonRockon Posts: 259
    just hope the next women of power to get buffed are Colossus and Joe Fixit
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 521 ★★
    They should be reworking real op chars that are straight garbage in this game
    Like IF and Magneto
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure they chose these two because:

    1) International Women's Day is March 8.
    2) They are the 2 worst women champs.
    3) They want to coincide the buff with IWD.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 437 ★★
    Midnite93 wrote: »
    I have seen somewhere that spidey gwen and she hulk is getting a rework. While i am skeptical I have seen the results of beta test and looking at Luke Cage, Red Hulk, Venom and Carnage I am sure it will be amazing. To those who get selected for the beta testing... I wish you all the best. Thank you kabam for taking the time on reworking old champions and to those having them as 4 stars and 5 stars will be happy for sure and I have She hulk as 4 star for now. Lets see how it goes....😁😁

    I hope i get in! I was in the beta for venom and carnage and honestly ive always loved spidey gwens animations very cool champ just terrible damage output lol. Honestly I've always hated she hulk but will see what they do and your right kabam is batting 10 for 10 in my book on reworks so will see!
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Well that took forever.
  • MuzzymanMuzzyman Posts: 9
    Ok just duped 5* shulk! Hopefully she will be worthy of r2 lol
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Hopefully this stays the same.

  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Invites are out for the beta
  • Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 2,640 ★★★★
    Unfortunately @SlayerOfGods that will change even in 5.2 lol Kabam Miike said so himself...
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 660 ★★★
    These 2 champs definitely need a buff. Gwen's sp1 design is one of the most baffling things in the game. Not sure how anyone thought that was a good idea. But man DPX needs a buff. It would be nice if they focused their buff schedule on the trash champs in the 6* crystal.
Sign In or Register to comment.