**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Re: NEW POLICY SURROUNDING SUMMONER NAMES

2»

Comments

• Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    You can figure out what champ your facing with scouter lens

I would like them to remove summoner names from AW to begin with. This would help more with what they intended I believe. Keeping the defense that is hidden as a surprise
  • Cranmer00 wrote: »
    You can figure out what champ your facing with scouter lens

I would like them to remove summoner names from AW to begin with. This would help more with what they intended I believe. Keeping the defense that is hidden as a surprise

Whatever your preference is, it isn't consistent with Kabam's intentions. First because it reduces counterplay which they stated was a design goal for AW, and second because it runs counter to their policy to disallow players from making indistinguishable names. They very explicitly stated that this offered an advantage in Alliance War that went against, and I quote "the spirit of the Contest." It doesn't get any clearer what their intent is.
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    I guess tracking an entire alliances defence so you know exactly who is on what node for every fight is in “the spirit of the game” but trying to combat that isnt 🤷‍♂️. Feels great grinding for 3 days straight to pull a new champ, spend valuable resources on him to rank them up and have them on good for 1 war then every team you face knows exactly where they are
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Cobs wrote: »
    I guess tracking an entire alliances defence so you know exactly who is on what node for every fight is in “the spirit of the game” but trying to combat that isnt 🤷‍♂️. Feels great grinding for 3 days straight to pull a new champ, spend valuable resources on him to rank them up and have them on good for 1 war then every team you face knows exactly where they are
    Tracking is acceptable within the rules/parameters we play by; in fact if Kabam wanted to forbid that they would not display defender names. But on the brightside it’s also within the rules to place any champ you choose so you can use decoys for that nice new champ ya’ll spent so much effort on as a defender.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Why can't people just play the damn game?

Why do they go to all this trouble just for a slight tactical advantage?
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Don’t see nothing wrong with this it’s actually smart do i do this nope but if I came up against an alliance that does I could careless either way I bring the same 3 champs I always bring in and will dust who is ever in my path, including boss some of you guys look for everything to complain about, I wish kabam did it where u can’t even scout ya path u can only tell what class champ is there it’s an” War “ you play to win I don’t see how that’s cheating because they hide their name I don’t even scout at times I just go in my path is 7 I use void killmonger and stark spidey all is 5/65 I don’t care who’s on my path Medusa korg I could care less I died once in 2 season it’s a mobile game stop complaining
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Lol. I have 3 of the best champions in the game ranked as high as they can be, and I steamroll anything. Stop complaining, everyone else!
    Grumble grumble grumble
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Don’t see nothing wrong with this it’s actually smart do i do this nope but if I came up against an alliance that does I could careless either way I bring the same 3 champs I always bring in and will dust who is ever in my path, including boss some of you guys look for everything to complain about, I wish kabam did it where u can’t even scout ya path u can only tell what class champ is there it’s an” War “ you play to win I don’t see how that’s cheating because they hide their name I don’t even scout at times I just go in my path is 7 I use void killmonger and stark spidey all is 5/65 I don’t care who’s on my path Medusa korg I could care less I died once in 2 season it’s a mobile game stop complaining

Ever heard of adding full stops? haha XD
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    edited February 2019
    I have an oddly simple way to resolve this without making policies or game changes. Make a UI change @Kabam Miike
    When u click on a node, the pop up on the right which shows the node characteristics and outgoing, incoming etc. should also show the name of the complete name of the summoner. Also click that and you go into the page of his top 4 characters. Thats all.
    It would be even more helpful if, only on visible nodes ofcourse, you could also show the character, rank and level, sig level etc, so people dont need to wait before fight screen viewing with a count down, also not accidently click fight before they intend or before applying boosts...
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    The way I see it if an alliance is going through all the trouble to have the same name to get an advantage, What else are the doing to get an advantage. Cheaters never stop cheating and are always looking for a new way to cheat to get ahead , instead of doing it honestly. People don’t just cheat a little !
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    Why you bother their names? This is AW mate. The placement is still hidden and just go thru the fight or dont fight. The ingamename has a policy now but its just a game.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Rules are important because without rules there can be no cheating and cheating is a fundamental part of competition.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

Ever heard of adding full stops? haha XD

lmao yeah its a long run on sentence i figured since I'm not writing a paper for school, i could get away with it.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    This is the internet. Grammar police are everywhere.