**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Problem with Premium crstal

Hello. I do not get a 4 * premium premium crystal. And I opened many of them. I always get with 2 * and rarity with 3 * and only with 4 * so whether you can pop it or get me. I've been playing for a long time. And I do not get enough of new heroes and I can not duplicate good heroes anyway. thank you

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Just bad luck. Nothing more
  • Options
    How should I open them in order to get 4 *
  • Options
    TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    100 at a time. It does not guarantee you will get one but it increases the chances you have of getting one.
  • Options
    Ahm. I hope so.
  • Options
    Kaliza no im not lying.
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    It's just bad luck. I've gotten a few from premium crystals though more from featured crystals. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    Tnx buddy
  • Options
    Nezz44Nezz44 Posts: 11
    I know what you mean, I have yet to get a single 4* from premium hero crystal.
  • Options
    SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    I have gotten two
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Has anyone obtained a 4* by opening just one PHC?

I have obtained a couple and it is when I open a few at one go.
    It leads to an observed suggestion that the RNG in the game is not the RNG as defined in books.

Game developer is super-fast to fix the crystal opening algorithm once someone claimed and demonstrate a pattern to get higher chance of getting a 4* on YouTube.

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    winterthur wrote: »

Yes.
    It leads to an observed suggestion that the RNG in the game is not the RNG as defined in books.

Which book did you read?
    Game developer is super-fast to fix the crystal opening algorithm once someone claimed and demonstrate a pattern to get higher chance of getting a 4* on YouTube.

I'm not sure if that was a real effect or not. Since the crystals are opened using code on the game server, the game client doesn't even know which crystals contain which things or could enforce a particular order to the openings. What's more, if the game client did in fact have some influence on what a crystal contained that would be a horrible game implementation error, because that would open the door to hackers manipulating crystal openings client-side.

• Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    I open 5 at a time and pull a 4* every 3-4 openings, i spin the first and pop open the remaining 4. Even though it doesn't matter how you open them, just saying my way of working things with PHC.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that was a real effect or not. Since the crystals are opened using code on the game server, the game client doesn't even know which crystals contain which things or could enforce a particular order to the openings. What's more, if the game client did in fact have some influence on what a crystal contained that would be a horrible game implementation error, because that would open the door to hackers manipulating crystal openings client-side.

I understand the explanation. I was thinking [noob think] that there is definitely x% of chance to open a 4*.

So the open question (to me) is does the game developer tries to ensure that after y openings of crystals, the result of a 4* appearing will statistically approximates x%?

Is there an audit (I don't know if it is necessary) to monitor the drop rates approximates x%?

I also think x% is based on overall crystals opening instead of "link" to an individual account.

If we accept RNG at its purest form (I made this up), then it is really random with no target to meet.

Example:
    Say in 10,000 crystals opening only 10 will be 4*.
    If after 9,900 openings recorded in the game server, there is no 4* opened (it is possible right?). Is it still completely RNG for the remaining 100 crystals opening or 10 must pop up because the overall statistical records must have x%?

It really hard to explain and I hope I have been clear.

As for the books, it was just any material that describes what RNG means.

Edit add on: Does the developer need to test whether they have programmed the crystal opening such that x% will open and the animation that follows matches exactly when a 4* is opened, new or duplicate? If yes, how is that done or ... there is really a code, a way to test it? And in order to avoid bugs, do they leave the code not removed? When someone figured out something, then they have to amend the code?

• Options
    J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
    Hello. I do not get a 4 * premium premium crystal. And I opened many of them. I always get with 2 * and rarity with 3 * and only with 4 * so whether you can pop it or get me. I've been playing for a long time. And I do not get enough of new heroes and I can not duplicate good heroes anyway. thank you

**PLEASE READ WHOLE COMMENT BEFORE SAYING IM CRAZY**

There is a little juju that comes with opening premium hero crystals. The thing is you have to level up a character or two to the max levels before you have a more common drop rate of the next tier of hero from the Premium Hero Crystal.

Ex.1) Max out a 2 star and get the dupe level to 99 and you will have more 3 stars drop in premiums

Ex.2) Max out a 3star and get the dupe level to 99 and you will have more 4 stars drop in premiums.

The logic behind it isn't that kabam keeps track and rewards you when you max out a champion. It is that as you progress through the game, more premium hero crystals come to you as well as more shards. By the time you max out a 3 Star to dupe level 99, you will have pulled a few 4 stars form a Premium.

Everything in this game follows a progression with the addition of luck. Even if you lucky enough to pull a 4 star from a premmy, chances of it being someone worth while is very low. Just have to keep your head up and focus on what content you can beat with what you have not what ifs. Also if you desire new champs so badly, you can beat act 4 with 3 stars if you get good enough and that could get you 4 fully formed 4 stars by just playing all the campaigns.

Hopefully this was helpful and sorry if it wasn't the easy answer you were looking for.
  • Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Where is this 4* premium crystal

Please point me to that

Do you mean the phc which has always been 2*

There has not been a 4*phc EVER
  • Options
    Pivot i mean on phc. I mean obtaing 4* from phc.
  • Options
    SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    winterthur wrote: »

I have obtained a couple and it is when I open a few at one go.

Yep