**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Question about the trials of the alchemist for android

So kabam has said that there will be a make up day for android users for the first trials of the alchemist. My question is this, I missed the first trials because of having an android device but I'm considering upgrading to an iOS device before the make up day. Will I miss out on the opportunity to run this because I will now be using iOS or was it locked in on the day we android users missed?

Comments

• SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    Well I upgraded to a new iPhone hoping I wasn't going to get screwed out of the trials make up day and here I am without the option to do the trials. Thanks for the answer 2 weeks ago
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They specified that it would be availabe to Android only.
    What about the players that use both devices? It shouldve been attached to the account not the specific device logged in on the make up day. Theoretically all apple users that completed the trials the very first day can now log in on an android device and do it again
    That's a load of rubish. I guess my boosts will go to waste
    What about the players that use both devices? It shouldve been attached to the account not the specific device logged in on the make up day. Theoretically all apple users that completed the trials the very first day can now log in on an android device and do it again

The makeup day is for Android only because only Android was the one unable to do it. As for people doing it twice, that's not really a major issue. The main thing is those who missed out on it have a chance to do it again.
    Great for them but in my case I get double screwed out of it
    To be honest, I'm usually sympathetic to these things, but if they say they're scheduling a redo for Android and you bought an Apple device, there's not much to be said.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    If you log an android today it's there I did it on apple the first day and just re ran it for android today..

That said I had to no boost since I used em day 1

How did you run it today with an Android? I can't update and it isn't available to me.
    Oh OK yeah that makes sense I'll wait an extra month to upgrade my device because kabam didn't think it would be smarter to just lock it to the specific accounts. Also my main point is that I asked the question the 20th and the kabam mods never answered it so obviously they had no idea how it was going to work
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    ljballer22 wrote: »
    If you log an android today it's there I did it on apple the first day and just re ran it for android today..

That said I had to no boost since I used em day 1

How did you run it today with an Android? I can't update and it isn't available to me.

Restart your game. I ran it with no problems.
    Upgrading your device is a choice that really shouldn't depend on the Trials. When it took place, they specified they were rerunning it for Android and locking Apple to prevent double-dips. Android missed out, not Apple.

Upgrading your device is a choice that really shouldn't depend on the Trials. When it took place, they specified they were rerunning it for Android and locking Apple to prevent double-dips. Android missed out, not Apple.

Yet the apple users are double dipping if they have an android. What I'm saying is the method used to decide who gets the make up day is wrong
    Prevent. Not stop completely. They would have to implement an Account-specific counter that blocked people from using both devices, and I don't think that was as easy of a solution as they were willing to invest in at the time. If people have enough dedication to run it the first time on Apple and the second time on another Android device, that's really collateral damage. Quite a bit of energy for a few Shards. Lol.
    Prevent. Not stop completely. They would have to implement an Account-specific counter that blocked people from using both devices, and I don't think that was as easy of a solution as they were willing to invest in at the time. If people have enough dedication to run it the first time on Apple and the second time on another Android device, that's really collateral damage. Quite a bit of energy for a few Shards. Lol.

And one of them has to be boost free as we didnt get them back or extra

You're complaining because you got an extra run for using both platforms and you didn't have any Boosts? Lol. Um....
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    @Drooped2 Thank! I just checked and it's now available for me too.
  • Can't use the boosts haha Why am I not surprised.......

iqvb6vf00tbt.png
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240

The makeup day is for Android only because only Android was the one unable to do it. As for people doing it twice, that's not really a major issue. The main thing is those who missed out on it have a chance to do it again.

whoever owns both an apple and android device gets to eat their cake of an extra trials run
  • MrsGondola420MrsGondola420 Posts: 149
    Can't use the boosts haha Why am I not surprised.......

iqvb6vf00tbt.png

You can't use boosts until after you've started the trial
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    The response (if any) from Kabam should be interesting.

It's known the reason for the extra day for Android users was to make up for the fact that Android only users couldn't run the very first one because of the update issue so they locked Android users out of the trials.

Now IOS only users can not run it now since they are locked out of the trials.

So both Android and IOS had an equal amount of times they could run the trial.

Dual mobile OS device players though are getting an extra pass so they have an advantage neither of the single OS players have... so is Kabam going to basically ignore it (which they probably should) or are they going to consider it exploiting/taking advantage?
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited February 2019
    The response (if any) from Kabam should be interesting.

It's known the reason for the extra day for Android users was to make up for the fact that Android only users couldn't run the very first one because of the update issue so they locked Android users out of the trials.

Now IOS only users can not run it now since they are locked out of the trials.

So both Android and IOS had an equal amount of times they could run the trial.

Dual mobile OS device players though are getting an extra pass so they have an advantage neither of the single OS players have... so is Kabam going to basically ignore it (which they probably should) or are they going to consider it exploiting/taking advantage?

The thing is, as an IOS user,
    All you need is a family member, or a friend with an android device to get the extra Trial day
  • JediKnight93JediKnight93 Posts: 13
    Not gonna lie, I agree with @Sagetrofholz...We're now missing out on the new monthly event quest and had the final day without any boosts available...just give Android users a compensation even a small one and give us access to the monthly event.
    Are we really going to nitpick about a handful of people getting an extra run? It was the best solution they could come up with at that time. There may have been other options, but that's what they went with. What difference does it make if Joe Schmo gets an extra run? The people who couldn't do it will get to do it.
    We're not talking about game-breaking Rewards.